Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,777 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges (33136 Views)

Flutterwave Gets Court Order To Recover $24M Lost To POS Transactions / CBN Debunks Plan To Shut Down Financial Transactions Over Elections / Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by mrZENographer: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2020
Ok

The U.N And Pope Francis' Push For A One World Government, Religion And Economy

https://www.nairaland.com/5725162/u.n-pope-francis-push-one

After the One World Government (a 7years duration) comes the Millenial Reign of Jesus Christ.

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Phygo(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2020
ATM>POS
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2020
When it comes to financial transactions, the Nigerian government will give an order and will do nothing to enforce it. That is typical of a toothless bull dog

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by SenecaTheYonger: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2020
Rapistonbail come and see your govt providing suitable enviroment for biz to thrive

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by justli: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2020
This is very good. Too many charges from the govt and banks is forcing Nigerians to shun cashless policy.

CBN asking Marchants to bear the cost is senseless. It's a cost, and the end user must shoulder it. Even if eventually the merchants decide to take up the cost, the prices of commodities will go up.

It's a shame that the only way this govt thinks of creating wealth is to increase task on its poor citizens while doubling up on external borrowing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Truthbites: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2020
obembet:

SUFFERING AND SMILING PEOPLE WILL SOON ATTACK YOU

I de wait them with another Fela song. Long live Fela..

Zombie by Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Zombie o, zombie (zombie o, zombie)
Zombie no go go, unless you tell 'em to go (zombie)
Zombie no go stop, unless you tell 'em to stop (zombie)
Zombie no go turn, unless you tell 'em to turn (zombie)
Zombie no go think, unless you tell 'em to think (zombie)
Zombie no go go, unless you tell 'em to go (zombie)
Zombie no go stop, unless you tell 'em to stop (zombie)
Zombie no go turn, unless you tell 'em to turn (zombie)
Zombie no go think, unless you tell 'em to think (zombie)
Tell them to go straight
A joro, jara, joro
No break, no job, no sense
A joro, jara, joro
Tell 'em to go…

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by iamjavadem(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2020
January data cannot be used for such comparism. People spend alot in Deember and spend less in January. The policy was not introduced in January but before December. Only fools will fall for this crap. A disgrace to statistics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by GamalNasser: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2020
It took us decades and a lot of work plus investment to get Nigerians to adopt the POS and just as Nigerians started really warming up to it Buhari with his useless short sightedness came and destroyed it in one month with another poorly thought out policy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Ivimilly: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Although this one is bad

But Nigerians are too greedy

No body wants to pay charges

All they want their government to do is to subsidize every thing

Bunch of greedy fuckkkers
I been think say you get sense b4

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by GamalNasser: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2020
iamjavadem:
January data cannot be used for such comparism. People spend alot in Deember and spend less in January. The policy was not introduced in January but before December. Only fools will fall for this crap. A disgrace to statistics.

Shut up those of us in the industry will tell you over a 100 thousand POS where abandoned within a month of that policy ..Do you know the the years if work , sweat and investments that got POS transactions to where it was before dull short sighted Buhari destroyed it with one poorly though out policy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by GamalNasser: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2020
Dadaboy:
Nigerians are naturally stingy. So because of N60 per POS transaction you prefer to use cash.

Not different from people who stay in long queues because they “must” use their bank to avoid charges ( First bank customers )

Hustle oh.. make 1k no go de be your problem.
Time is money

So you do you have money ? I know you don't use I know you don't
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by globalresource: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Although this one is bad

Zombie. You make no sense Buhari asslicker

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by sapientia(m): 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
CBN can't even enforce their orders.

Too long to read trash and excuses please.

We want cashless policy but it seems more costly than cash transactions.

I wonder if there is any synergy between FG, CBN and relevant MDAs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by KaptainAfrika: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dont worry, the mark of the beast is coming...
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
I stopped using POS,After it took me a 2months& to get my money refunded from a POS transaction that didn't go through... Something I was wrongly debited,I just stopped using their POS services... Imagine trying to pay for a Rechargeable Standing Fan and they debited me twice.To get the money back na OKorro ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by suzzyboss(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Although this one is bad

See your head like water melon.. Shey you still have enough money.. When this country task the hell out of you.. You'll come back to this post and greedy yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen....

N50 = $0.14

50naira is 14cents!
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by toprealman: 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
qualityovenbake:
Why won't people shun it, CBN better reverse their decision if they want to encourage a cashless policy.
The are clueless. Clearly they are not in support of the said cashless policy. Eateries are now the original scammers
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by LZAA: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Although this one is bad

Usually u make smart comments but u are way off the mark on this one
Trying to use high taxes like they do in lagos can never and will never work in a huge country like this
Even the uk and usa have states and cities with different laws to protect it's citizenry
Like someone said u can't impoverish ur citizens to improve your economy
Qed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by dominique(f): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Totally believable. I can remember vividly that I only used POS once after that rubbish policy got implemented and that was because i couldn't withdraw from the ATM and I needed to buy fuel. The people I pity most are the ones doing business with the POS

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by kokomilala(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
I think it's better for the toothless CBN to stop issuing directives. They either treat the banks with kid gloves or over-protect them. When POS transactions fail,it's always a mountain for customers to climb to get their money back.
With this directive,what efforts has the system taken to ensure that operators toe the line? It's either the CBN irresponsibly remains mute or just pretends nothing untoward is going on.
The CBN has a corporate and moral burden to customers and it's incumbent on it to ensure that customers don't lose faith in the system.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by larryking540: 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Chijeep:
Ground no dey produce oil again dat y dey want 2 b using Tax 2 milk out oil money 4rm us nw
The truth is the world is looking for a more renewable means of energy ,so oil era is gradually coming to an end
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Chijeep(m): 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
larryking540:

The truth is the world is looking for a more renewable means of energy ,so oil era is gradually coming to an end

so na d poor masses b d new energy wey dem dey look 4
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by herrlekan(m): 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
First bank has been charging stamp duty for every N10,000.00 transferred to my account. I am not a merchant and the account is just a normal savings account. The banks just keep charging customers dubiously, at the end of the financial year they declare billions of naira as profit after tax.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by osuofia2(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Although this one is bad

SEE YOUR HEAD LIKE COCONUT, THE MAN HAS KILLED CASHLESS POLICY YOU ARE HERE TALKING OF GREED, ALL BUHARIST ARE SUFFERING FROM SAME ILLNESS

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by maasoap(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lee29:
Imagine a business owner sold 20,000 worth of clothes, he will be charged 0.75% of 20,000 = 150 Naira if it's by POS.

If the same man make cash lodgement of 500,000 to the bank, he will be charged 2% = 10,000

POS transactions used to be very good before Buhari government, in fact people normally get incentivised for using POS before now.

Buhari came and bastardized all aspect of the economy.

How will business owners keep using POS when they're charged 0.75% on transactions above 10,000. How much is the profit sef for someone to pay 0.75% on POS transactions, and 2% on cash lodgement.

Many business owners are becoming increasingly not interested in banking services.

Buhari will destroy our banking system if something is not done urgently to correct this aberration

The problem is that Nigerians are not used to sacrifices but we're getting there gradually. Thank God we have oil as the backbone of the government's revenue, Buhari's administration is changing the narratives for the future. If you made a sale of N20,000, will the payment of N150 take away all your profits? We have to learn how to do away with all these greediness. We're quick to use developed economies as examples of better societies but we're reluctant to make the same sacrifices the make everyday. To pay individual taxes, na war. To pay company taxes, na war. A company with 100 million naira profit a year would report 10 million naira to the government just to avoid paying corresponding taxes
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by larryking540: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
Chijeep:

so na d poor masses b d new energy wey dem dey look 4
Lol
Me kw con know o
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
LZAA:

Usually u make smart comments but u are way off the mark on this one
Trying to use high taxes like they do in lagos can never and will never work in a huge country like this
Even the uk and usa have states and cities with different laws to protect it's citizenry
Like someone said u can't impoverish ur citizens to improve your economy
Qed

Paying N50 on receiving an amount above 10k can't impoverish you. We've got to accept the fact that citizens have duty to give back to the governments so that governments will be able to take care of the infrastructures. We've been eating crude oil for a long time that we don't even know that all these things are necessary for the government to function well.
Re: Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges by Lee29: 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
maasoap:

The problem is that Nigerians are not used to sacrifices but we're getting there gradually. Thank God we have oil as the backbone of the government's revenue, Buhari's administration is changing the narratives for the future. If you made a sale of N20,000, will the payment of N150 take away all your profits? We have to learn how to do away with all these greediness. We're quick to use developed economies as examples of better societies but we're reluctant to make the same sacrifices the make everyday. To pay individual taxes, na war. To pay company taxes, na war. A company with 100 million naira profit a year would report 10 million naira to the government just to avoid paying corresponding taxes

It's either you know nothing about how businesses are run in Nigeria or you're just a gullible supporter of this evil administration.

Doing business in Nigeria can be extremely frustrating due to multiple taxation. You pay tax to local government, market authorities, state government, and FIRS. Touts will also collect tax on every offloading of goods.

Business owners practically provide all basic amenities. You pay estimated energy bill, buy petrol/diesel, water rates, sanitation fee, security, coupled with high cost of shop rent.

And you're here justifying the addition of burdens. You're a sadist!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Why Nigeria Banned Bitcoin - What You Should Know / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.