Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Are You Conformed To The Word Or To The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Conformed To The Word Or To The World? (566 Views)

And Be Not Conformed To This World. / The Bible!!! God's Word Or Not / Is The Bible God’s Word Or Man’s Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Conformed To The Word Or To The World? by PastorAde: 3:19am On Dec 22, 2010
[center]Are You Conformed to the WORD or to the World?[/center]

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12: 1-2).

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God abides for ever (1 John 2: 15-17).

For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be firstborn among many brothers (Romans 8: 29).

The first passage above is an appeal – a passionate appeal – to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God which is our spiritual act of worship. In other words, we are told to give our bodies in holiness to God, undefiled by sin or unrighteousness. We are told not to be conformed to this world, but to be transformed by the renewing our minds. By so doing, we will be doing God’s good, pleasing and perfect will. The second passage explains conformity to the world – by loving the world and the things in the world. The things in the world are specified – the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. We are told that these things are not of God, but of the world. If any man love all these, the love of the Father is not in him and the world passes away and the lusts thereof, but he that does the will of God abides or lives for ever.
If we are told not to be conformed to the world, then we have to be conformed to the WORD of God. Starting with our bodies, we have to offer to God in holiness. Then our minds must be renewed with the Word of God. The ways of the world are opposite to God’s Word and ways. Why is this so? This is so because the Bible says satan is the god of this world. Anybody that loves the world and the things of the world is being ruled knowingly or unknowingly by satan. On the other hand, anyone who practices the above Scriptures in conforming to the Word of God is being ruled by God. In the last Scriptures above, we are told that God foreknew us and that our destiny is to be conformed to the likeness of His Son – Jesus Christ. Understand also that Jesus Christ is the WORD of God personified. For us to be conformed to the WORD and fulfill our destiny we must obey and do the Word of God. Thus, we will be pleasing to God and doing His perfect will. Will you be conformed to the WORD or to the world? Two choices are placed before you and both have their consequences – heaven and hell. If your choice is WORD, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Savior and my Lord in Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No.11 Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

A Christians Major Concern / Letter 104 Dictated By Our Lord Jesus To Susan On April 25, 2011 / Which Popular Bible Character Are You Closest To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.