Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Is The Bible God’s Word Or Man’s Word? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible God’s Word Or Man’s Word? (780 Views)

Bible God And His Share Of Virgins And Other War Booty / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible God’s Word Or Man’s Word? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Bible Study Synopsis

The New Testament Men Of God Honored God’ Word- The apostle Paul declared that all scripture is inspired by God and is everything we need in the way of righteousness. Peter one of the original disciples of Jesus Christ, and an eyewitness to many incredible miracles of the Lord Jesus Christ, exalted the Word of God above them all. (2 Peter 1:16-21) We can depend upon the Word of God to be a light for our path. (Psalm 119:105) We must not mix the Word of God with man made tradition, psychology, our own opinions or anything else. Any type of mixture will produce a perverted and corrupt Gospel.

The Old Testament Men Of God Honored God’s Word — Jeremiah said that it brought a rejoicing to his heart (Jeremiah 15:16) and he compared it to fire and a hammer (Jeremiah 23:29) Isaiah declared that the Word of God was the determining factor of whether a person had “light” in them. (Isaiah 8:20)and that the word of God would never return void. (Isaiah 55:11) Job said that God’s Word (spiritual food) was more important than his necessary (physical) food. (Job 23:12)

The Old Testament Prophecies Prove God’s Word True- Micah prophesied the birthplace of Jesus the Messiah in Bethlehem. (Micah 5:2/Matthew 2:6) Zechariah prophesied that the King of Israel, just and having salvation, would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey. (Zechariah 9:9/Matthew 21:1-5) Isaiah prophesied of the death of the Messiah approximately 700 years before the event actually took place. (Isaiah 53:1-12) No other “Holy Book” can make the claim that the Bible makes because no other book has Biblical prophecies with a 100 percent accuracy rate.

Jesus Christ Honored The Word Of God – Jesus Christ quoted from God’s Word three different times in fighting off the devil when he came against Him. (Matthew 4:1-11, Deuteronomy 8:3, 6:16, 6:13) and Christ also declared that the very words He spoke would be what judged us in the last day. (John 12:48)

The New Testament Men Of God Honored God’s Word

The apostle Paul penned those words nearly two thousand years ago and they are just as true today as they were back then. We need not look any further than the scriptures themselves, to find everything we need, concerning the salvation of our soul and how to continue on in our walk with the Lord. It is all found in the Word of God.

The apostle Peter was one of the original disciples of Jesus Christ and as a close companion of Christ he was a witness to the many things that Jesus did.

Peter Was There When:

Jesus performed many incredible miracles

Jesus cast demons out of the possessed

Jesus raised the dead to life again

Jesus healed the sick of their diseases

Jesus caused a raging storm to cease with three words “Peace Be still”

Jesus was transfigured on a mountain top and spoke with Elijah and Moses about His coming death at Jerusalem

And yet after all of those amazing experiences Peter wrote the following words:

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Peter 1:16-21)

The apostle Peter shows us in this excerpt from one of his letters that he knew the value of the scriptures and he placed them above any of the experiences mentioned above. Peter made a point of writing down the fact that he was there as an eyewitness of the majesty of Christ upon that holy mount (mountain) when the glory of God shone upon Jesus Christ. Peter was referring to the time when he along with John and James saw Jesus Christ transfigured before their very eyes and they saw the glory of God all over Him. They also saw Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus about the death which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. (Luke 9:28-31)  I encourage you to read the gospel accounts in Matthew 17:1-13, Mark 9:1-13, and Luke 9:28-36 because there is much to learn there.

Peter contrasts that awesome mountaintop experience, described above with the “more sure word of prophecy” which are the scriptures themselves. Peter learned through experience that even after being an eyewitness to such great things that his faith could still be attacked. Do not forget that Peter denied the Lord three times when trouble came his way, and the rest of the disciples also vanished at that same point in time. Peter would eventually learn to trust in the Lord and the infallibility of His Word and stare death in the face. (John 21:18-19).

We cannot separate TRUE faith from believing the Word of God. They are absolutely inseparable. If you say that you believe in God then you must believe the words that He spoke! And within the Word of God you will find the right path that God wants you to take.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalms 119:105)

A fatal trap that many people fall into is when they start to MIX the Word of God with something else and therefore pollute the scriptures and come up with a mixture that will lead them astray.  Beware of those who add their own books and place them alongside the Bible and tell you that they are on an equal par with God’s Word.  The Lord does raise up people to teach and help others understand His Word but we are not to ADD or TAKE AWAY from His Word.

It is NOT the Word of God plus the traditions of man

It is NOT the Word of God plus man made psychology

It is NOT the Word of God plus man made opinions

It is NOT the Word of God plus something else

It is JUST the Word of God!

The Old Testament Men Of God Honored God’s Word

Jeremiah the prophet said this regarding the Word of God

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. (Jeremiah 15:16) Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? (Jeremiah 23:29)

[b]Isaiah the prophet said this regarding the Word of God[/b]

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. (Isaiah 8:20)

Job the man of God said this regarding the word of God

Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. (Job 23:12)

The Bible has something that every other “Holy Book” does not have and that is prophecy.  There are scores of prophecies that are found in the Bible and many of them deal specifically with Jesus Christ.  This is not one of those tabloids that you buy in January that makes some predictions, most of which never happen but these are prophecies that were spoken hundreds of years beforethe evnts actually took place. Can you name ONE other “Holy Book” that can make that claim? Do not think too hard because there are NONE! Here are just a few references that you can check out for yourself.

The Old Testament Prophecies Prove God’s Word True

Micah, the prophet declared that the Messiah, the one who was “from everlasting”, meaning eternal, was to be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2) and that is the very place where Jesus Christ was born. (Matthew 2:6)

Zechariah the prophet prophesied that the King, who is just, and having salvation would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey (Bottom). (Zechariah 9:9) and Jesus Christ, the King of the Jews rode into Jerusalem on a donkey (Bottom) just as Zechariah declared He would! (Matthew 21:1-5)

Isaiah prophesied of the death of Christ almost 700 years before the event actually took place. (Isaiah 53:1-12) and Christ, the Messiah, died just as he prophesied. (John 19:30)

There are absolutely scores of other prophecies in the Bible and I encourage you to take the time to study them for yourself.

Jesus Christ Honored God’s Word

Jesus Christ Himself used the Word of God to refute the temptations and the lies of the devil when he came to tempt him in the wilderness. Three different times the Lord quoted from the book of Deuteronomy , and He preceded each of those quotations with the words “IT IS WRITTEN!” (Deuteronomy 8:3, 6:16, 6:13) refuting the DEVIL at every single point with the scriptures. (Matthew 4:1-11)  If the Lord Jesus Christ found the Word of God to be that important, how much more do we need to know and use the Word of God ourselves? Not only that but Jesus told us that the very words that He spoke would be what would judge us in the end:

Have Ye Not Read?

At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? (Matthew 12:1-5)

The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, (Matthew 19:3-4)

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.(Matthew 22:31-32)

And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner: (Mark 12:10)

The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. (Psalms 118:22)

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)

Preach God’s Word

It is the Word of God that makes all the difference and it is the Word that needs to be preached to the lost souls all over the world. The pulpit is the place where the Word of God is to be preached and expounded on because it is the truth that sets people free. It is not a crime to have a healthy and sanctified sense of humor but when that becomes the rule and jokes become too common it can cheapen the gospel and send off the wrong message to the listeners especially when souls are at stake.

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. (2 Timothy 4:1-5 )

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO MESSAGE = THE AUTHORITY OF GOD’S WORD

Elaina commented    “Keep spreading the Good News!!!! I have gained so much from this!!!!”

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Mankind Exist? Angelic Conflict / Casting Pearls Before Swine / Free At Last.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.