Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

My Worst Experience With Mourinho – Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Worst Experience With Mourinho – Mikel (691 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Worst Experience With Mourinho – Mikel by supereagle(m): 3:27am On Dec 22, 2010
Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi recalled on Monday his worst moment with his former boss Jose Mourinho, highlighting the Portuguese‘s impatience with poor results.

Mikel told the club‘s website that Mourinho‘s sharp criticism of the players always brought the best out of the team.

He said, ”Mourinho‘s dressing down at Watford is most memorable. It was 0-0 at half-time, we went into the dressing room and he just destroyed everyone. We came on and changed the game (in the second half).”

Chelsea eventually won the game with a lone goal from Salomon Kalou.

The former Lyn Oslo player also denied spraying aftershave on his jersey before a game to get attention. He said his aim in every game is to win and does not pay attention even to the crowd.

”Sometimes I don‘t think there is anyone else in the stadium except the people on the pitch, you have to be totally focused and shut everything out,” he said.

”I never do that (spray aftershave) before a game. But before I leave the hotel, or my house, I will spray myself.”

Mikel is confident the team will get back to winning ways after failing to secure a victory in their last five Premier League matches.

He said, ”Everyone has done their bit really, and the team has played quite well from the start of the season, apart from the last few games but I know we‘ll be okay and turn it around.”

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012221383975

(1) (Reply)

Taiwo Breaks Marseille's Appearance Record / Was Jay Jay Okocha Using Juj / Ronaldo To Barcelona?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.