Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Nigerians Are Lazy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Are Lazy (1058 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) / Are The Young People Of Today Very Lazy And Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Lazy by lwise(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2010
THIS IS A GUYS RESPONSE FROM AN ONLINE NEWSPAPER

Let's face it, we are a lazy lot- fairly united, but lazy! Mentally and, even, physically, we are no match for, say, the Chinese man ,who assidiously applies himself to OUR railway projects, while his Nigerian coworkers sit down by the roadside and complain about the hot sun!. We only daydream, but do not want the hard work required to fulfil our dreams. You award a road contract to a Nigerian and, if he ever gets it done, he does not take the pains to construct a perfectly smooth surface, not to talk of a road that will last! I am a surgeon working at a Teaching Hospital. Obasanjo renovated a few teaching hospitals in his time and commissioned his projects with much fanfare. The MRI machine installed in my centre has not not worked for one day! Yet, the contractor was paid in full! You take your car to a mechanic workshop and, rather than a thorough search for the problem and a systematic repair, he creates crude new ciruits and tells you they are better than the original ciruits. Laziness! It has permeated every level of our society and, until we unite against laziness and all sit ddown to think about our problems and come up with unique solutions, and apply them, we will remain backward and very, very poor!

To me we are not only lazy but cowards
Re: Nigerians Are Lazy by seggio(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
Not all Nigeria are lazy give me d opportunity and l will prove u wrong in all aspect
Re: Nigerians Are Lazy by harakiri(m): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
@poster. . . In the aspect of fighting for our rights, i agree that we are cowards but DON'T EVER CALL US LAZY! The Nigerians that were cited in your examples are people that are demoralized and down trodden with the system of things. All of the world, the most hardworking practitioners are Nigerians in the area of law,medicine,engineering,theatre arts,sports and much more. . .so watch your tongue. Pick out a frustrated but ambitious Nigerian and give the same opportunities the so called hardworking asians and europeans have and compare his progress with other nationalities. He will be light years ahead. Its people who haven't really suffered intense frustration that run their mouths like this. Abeg, make u takia!
Re: Nigerians Are Lazy by sweetcheek(f): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2010
nigerians are not lazy at all, given the opportunity, they will perform better than their chinese counterpart mentioned. go and see nigerians in other countries and see how hard they work. if you are looking for lazy people, you will find a lot of them in south africa where the blacks there are so lazy that they find it even difficult to go to school. its just the corruption that runs so deep that for a lot of nigerians they are frustrated.

(1) (Reply)

My Past Is Hunting Me / Brt Bus Crushes Man Helping Children Cross Road. / Nairaland Privacy Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.