Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,372 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It (1375 Views)

5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? / Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Fellow nairalanders, I don't intend to be a Doomsday prophet or conspiracy theorist, but my assertion is based on current happenings.

The COVID-19 virus has had unprecedented reverberations all around the world, with new cases announced daily and an ever-increasing fatality rate.

The precautionary measures being taken by governments around the world buttress my postulation further.

1. Iran, perhaps the only theocracy in the world, has suspended Juma'at (Friday) prayers.

2. In China, where the virus originated from, a population exceeding six hundred million (almost a tenth of the world's population) is on round-the-clock lockdown.

3. Saudi Arabia, the headquarters of the Islamic faith has temporarily banned pilgrimages to the holiest shrines in Islam,located in the country. Remember that pilgrimage (hajj) is one of the five fundamental pillars of Islam.

4. Japan has put temporary restrictions on attendance of primary and high school. This means that children in Japan will be out of school for as long as this virus persists.

5. Football federations across the world are either postponing or cancelling matches, or at the very best insisting that the matches be played behind closed doors, i.e without fans in attendance. Some are even suggesting already ending the leagues without completing the fixtures. Unprecedented, ain't it?

6. Nations all over the world are either closing their borders to influx of people from infected countries, banning travel to and from potential hotzones or taking measures that will severely curtail movement between countries and make international/transnational travel extremely more difficult than previously.

From these and other indices, it is inevitable that if the status quo regarding this virus remains, momentous changes such as food shortage, population decimation, travel restrictions and other upheavals will become the order of the day, and anarchy might ensue.

For what it's worth, it is not totally unquestionable that this virus might be a man-made one, for use as a biological weapon. If this allegation is to be taken with even the slightest pinch of salt, then the repercussions are apocalyptic to say the least.

We all pray to overcome this epidemic, but one thing is certain, if it hasn't already done so, COVID-19 will bring about a seismic paradigm shift in the affairs of the world as a whole. We might have to begin to brace up for the worst.

Danse Macabre.

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44 Ishilove Dominique OAM4J
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by Jimbadly: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
I concur. This is the beginning of the end of the world.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
OP, stop raising false alarms. The last I checked, the mortality rate of COVID-19 was still less than 5%. How can this mean the end of the world?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by JasonBoss: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
So what will you call the bubonic plague nd Spanish flu??

Take a chill pill nd stop blowing the ish out of proportion

Whatever the world is doing is to contain the virus nd limit the spread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by SinisterX(m): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
God is the only way!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
OP, stop raising false alarms. The last I checked, the mortality rate of COVID-19 was still less than 5%. How can this mean the end of the world?

I'm not raising false alarms. I'm only doing what most of the charlatans we call Gods of Men in Nigeria do, which is making calculated guesses based on current indices.

The 'end of the world' here isn't used literally, but figuratively to signify that the world is taking a total turn for the different.

Wake up, if you haven't already, and smell the coffee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
JasonBoss:
So what will you call the bubonic plague nd Spanish flu??

Take a chill pill nd stop blowing the ish out of proportion

Whatever the world is doing is to contain the virus nd limit the spread.

In what centuries did the Spanish Flu and Bubonic Plague occur?

Was the world as close-knit as it is now?

Was international travel, which is what has spread this virus so rapidly, as easy and regular as it is now?

My good man, if within the space of just three months or so of this virus's existence, you still haven't noticed the dynamic changes the world has undergone and is still undergoing, then you might need binoculars or something.

I'm saying that should the world eventually recover, things can never go back to the way they used to be.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by FuckThaMod: 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Rubbish

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone is entitled to one.
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
It's a pity that the mods are deliberately turning a blind eye to topics that will propagate intellectual discourse.

In the light of things, I would think that topics, such as these, should be given utmost priority. But what do I know?

Ishilove
Nwaamaikpe
Dominique
Repogirl
Hopefullandlord
Hahn
Seun
Lalasticlala
Etc...

Let's have a stimulating discourse at least.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by flexyrule(m): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
Stimulating discourse indeed! Scientists are working round the clock to discover the cure for the epidemic and you're here blowing big big grammar. China - a Chinese speaking nation can produce/are producing almost everything for the world. Their USD Millionaire entrepreneurs can hardly construct a good English sentence, but can produce almost anything you ask of them.
Instead of going into the bush (like your forefathers did), look for herbs, conjure them and try them and see if anything positive can come out, you opened a thread where and your fellow English Professors would blow grammar that won't change anything.
MODs, please if we can't offer anything meaningful to the fight against this monster, let's not distract those making meaningful efforts with threads like this.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by nijabazaar: 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

I'm not raising false alarms. I'm only doing what most of the charlatans we call Gods of Men in Nigeria do, which is making calculated guesses based on current indices.

The 'end of the world' here isn't used literally, but figuratively to signify that the world is taking a total turn for the different.

Wake up, if you haven't already, and smell the coffee.

I really dont know what you guys gain from Milking Crisis?

If you where born in 1918 when the Spanish Flu snuffed 50Million people, i guess you would be telling people to wear sack clothes and sprinkle ashes. Or better still spring stories about a New World Order by the CIA them.

Stop all these conjectures and Chill. Educate yourself more and spread the knowledge and not wreck fears into People.

dont milk the situation!

Oh please, this is not a stimulating discuss. It is a dance macabre of the near senile and the "Snake oil" selling alarmist

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
nijabazaar:

If you where born in 1918 when the Spanish Flu snuffed 50Million people, i guess you would be telling people to wear sack clothes and sprinkle ashes. Or better still spring stories about a New World Order by the CIA them.

Stop all these conjectures and Chill. Educate yourself more and spread the knowledge and not wreck fears into People.

dont milk the situation!

You call this milking a crisis. Okay, let me ask you a simple question: if the world finally conquers the virus, how soon do you think it will take things to return to the status quo ante?

Can't this be tantamount to the end of an era?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
flexyrule:
Stimulating discourse indeed! Scientists are working round the clock to discover the cure for the epidemic and you're here blowing big big grammar. China - a Chinese speaking nation can produce/are producing almost everything for the world. Their USD Millionaire entrepreneurs can hardly construct a good English sentence, but can produce almost anything you ask of them.
Instead of going into the bush (like your forefathers did), look for herbs, conjure them and try them and see if anything positive can come out, you opened a thread where and your fellow English Professors would blow grammar that won't change anything.
MODs, please if we can't offer anything meaningful to the fight against this monster, let's not distract those making meaningful efforts with threads like this.

I see the term 'intellectual discourse' irks you. Can we conjecture that it's because yours is sub-par?

So in your 'meaningful efforts to fight this monster', how many herbs have you discovered so far?
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by nijabazaar: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Can't this be tantamount to the end of an era?

Public HEalth wont be same again. Governments will allocate more funds to healthcare and try at least to make sure everyone gets access to primary health care.

Online start-ups like Zoom would have more shares in the new york stock exchange

Primary health care givers would be better appreciated and artificial intelligence modelling of future pandemics would be given more focus...and thats it!

Humanity will go as it has always been . Check your history boks and point out any significant change in Human interactions that occur after each pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
nijabazaar:

dont milk the situation!

Oh please, this is not a stimulating discuss. It is a dance macabre of the near senile and the "Snake oil" selling alarmist

Oh, so you had to add the bolded (and in the process make a pitiful pun out of my moniker) to perhaps buttress your pretensions at pseudo-intellectualism?

You're a clown.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
nijabazaar:

Public HEalth wont be same again. Governments will allocate more funds to healthcare and try at least to make sure everyone gets access to primary health care.

Online start-ups like Zoom would have more shares in the new york stock exchange

Primary health care givers would be better appreciated and artificial intelligence modelling of future pandemics would be given more focus...and thats it!

Humanity will go as it has always been . Check your history boks and point out any significant change in Human interactions that occur after each pandemic.

If you knew, as one who seems to have checked his history books, that such pandemics and ensuing societal upheavals are inevitably necessary for humans to evolve, then you'd observe that your submission basically contradicts itself.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by nijabazaar: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

If you knew, as one who seems to have checked his history books, that such pandemics and ensuing societal upheavals are inevitably necessary for humans to evolve, then you'd observe that your submission basically contradicts itself.

Your submissions were leaning towards the NEW WORLD ORDER conspiracies. Which is a terrible pity for you and whatever your inclinations to intelligence are.

My proposition was just that the major changes if at all(Since humans have a tendency to revert to status quo) is in Primary Health Care!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by nijabazaar: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Oh, so you had to add the bolded (and in the process make a pitiful pun out of my moniker) to perhaps buttress your pretensions at pseudo-intellectualism?

You're a clown.

Pun is a literary device!
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by luemz(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
there's no doubt about the tremendous change the world have experienced these past few weeks as a result of this global pandemic. I guess no one saw it coming. not even the greats of countries were prepared for it... the outbreak could probably be a ploy of a greater conspiracy, or could have been a bioresearch accident or just a natural disaster. what ever the case may be, it's revealed how helpless our country Nigeria is (God Help Us) when it comes to our medical and technological sector...we virtually are dependent on every damn thing... I hope the next set of leaders (maybe I've lost faith in the current ones) we vote in would be visionary and willing to take us to greater level where we could pride ourselves as a nation capable of proffering solutions too to world problems if situations arises....

BTW it's probably not the end of world but maybe the begin of a New Era/Regime/Rule//Discourse..whatever you name it

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by Stephenomozzy(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
From intellectual discussion, una con turn am into a competition of who has more grammar in their arsenal and a relay race of metaphors.

I can bet none of una go fit express all the dictionary worda wey una dey type above.
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by flexyrule(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

I see the term 'intellectual discourse' irks you. Can we conjecture that it's because yours is sub-par?

So in your 'meaningful efforts to fight this monster', how many herbs have you discovered so far?
Baba. I no get time for this your "Turenchi"
If you have small change, buy mask, hand sanitizer and gloves and donate to poor people in your neighbourhood.
If you don't have, remain indoors, STFU and find a way of being useful to yourself and your family.
All these over sabi Na him make we still dey import tissue paper and petrol.

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
luemz:
there's no doubt about the tremendous change the world have experienced these past few weeks as a result of this global pandemic. I guess no one saw it coming. not even the greats of countries were prepared for it... the outbreak could probably be a ploy of a greater conspiracy, or could have been a bioresearch accident or just a natural disaster. what ever the case may be, it's revealed how helpless our country Nigeria is (God Help Us) when it comes to our medical and technological sector...we virtually are dependent on every damn thing... I hope the next set of leaders (maybe I've lost faith in the current ones) we vote in would be visionary and willing to take us to greater level where we could pride ourselves as a nation capable of proffering solutions too to world problems if situations arises....

BTW it's probably not the end of world but maybe the begin of a New Era/Regime/Rule//Discourse..whatever you name it

This was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, sir. Lol.

You captured exactly what I submitted. It seems the new breed of Nlanders have collective incomprehension.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
From intellectual discussion, una con turn am into a competition of who has more grammar in their arsenal and a relay race of metaphors.

I can bet none of una go fit express all the dictionary worda wey una dey type above.

You'd rather have us conduct the discourse in pidgin yeah?

Your submission speaks volumes. Just read more. You too can attain a rich diction.
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
flexyrule:
Baba. I no get time for this your "Turenchi"
If you have small change, buy mask, hand sanitizer and gloves and donate to poor people in your neighbourhood.
If you don't have, remain indoors, STFU and find a way of being useful to yourself and your family.
All these over sabi Na him make we still dey import tissue paper and petrol.

I would assume this is your attempt at a withering joke?

You're really a clown at midnight.
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by flexyrule(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

I would assume this is your attempt at a withering joke?

You're really a clown at midnight.
Seems you just learnt a new word - Clown.

Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
DanseMacabre:

You'd rather have us conduct the discourse in pidgin yeah?

Your submission speaks volumes. Just read more. You too can attain a rich diction.

What I'm trying to say is, this is indeed an interesting topic - which will be very well appreciated by open-minded folks (myself included), however, the richness of it has become belittled by the exchange of big words between participants trying to dispel another person's opinion.

There's often a thin line between conspiracy, foolery and postulation of perceived facts, more often than not, the line is willingness or unwillingess to accommodate another person's opinion without harsh verbal backlash!

Don't find my errors. Dem many.

I'll like that you expand on your very first post.. I be dey enjoy am
Re: Coronavirus Is The End Of The World As We Know It by DanseMacabre(m): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

What I'm trying to say is, this is indeed an interesting topic - which will be very well appreciated by open-minded folks (myself included), however, the richness of it has become belittled by the exchange of big words between participants trying to dispel another person's opinion.

There's often a thin line between conspiracy, foolery and postulation of perceived facts, more often than not, the line is willingness or unwillingess to accommodate another person's opinion without harsh verbal backlash!

Don't find my errors. Dem many.

I'll like that you expand on your very first post.. I be dey enjoy am

Lol. You're a good sport all the way through bro. I don't know why some people, instead of constructively opposing an opinion they disagree with, resort to casting aspersions on the poster's person or perceived ideological leanings. The mods seem to support this too, however tacitly they do it.

Bless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Help Me With The Interpretation Of This Test Result / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike In Nigeria / To Lose Weight Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.