Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory (4035 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by Joagbaje(m): 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before

It’s been a great year. We’ve achieved so much in our ministry and in our evangelical work around the world by the power of God’s Spirit. We’re so grateful to the Lord for the outpouring of His supernatural grace upon us – to enable us to achieve so much – far beyond our goals and dreams. Now, we look forward to the coming year with faith, confidence and assurance, knowing that the glory ahead shall by far outweigh the victories of yesterday and triumphs of today:

Haggai 2:9
“The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts”

So I urge you, look to the coming year with hope, faith and confident assurance that you’d win on every count! There’s a greater glory ahead. Forget the failures, weaknesses, and disappointments you may have experienced in the outgoing year, and set your focus on the present and future glories, successes, victories and triumphs the Lord has set before you.

Maybe at the beginning of the year, you outlined so many things you wanted to achieve by the end of the year. But now, taking stock, not much of those things pulled through for you; don’t be discouraged. Find out where you missed it! Find out what you ought to have done to help you achieve those goals you didn’t attain, and then make up your mind not to repeat the same mistake in the coming year.

Maybe part of your goal at the beginning of the year was to spend more time studying and learning the Word of God more than you had ever done, but you didn’t quite achieve your desired objective. You can choose today to do it right in the coming year by applying some more discipline to it. Its ten days to the end of the year, and if in these last ten days, you consciously discipline yourself to spend at least an hour to study God’s Word everyday, you’re going to begin the coming year in glory! It won’t be difficult for you to carry on that culture, and by the help of God’s Spirit sustain it throughout the New Year.

Take this seriously; be determined for growth! Be determined for progress; be determined for the greater glory that lies ahead! Your path is like the shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day (Proverbs 4:1). You’re born to reign, rule and win in the coming year!

Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Isaiah 43:18
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by Thespecialone(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
a must read for every one.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by Zikkyy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
Joagbaje:

So I urge you, look to the coming year with hope, faith and confident assurance that you’d win on every count! There’s a greater glory ahead. Forget the failures, weaknesses, and disappointments you may have experienced in the outgoing year, and set your focus on the present and future glories, successes, victories and triumphs the Lord has set before you.

Maybe at the beginning of the year, you outlined so many things you wanted to achieve by the end of the year. But now, taking stock, not much of those things pulled through for you; don’t be discouraged. Find out where you missed it! Find out what you ought to have done to help you achieve those goals you didn’t attain, and then make up your mind not to repeat the same mistake in the coming year.

It took you this long to realize that members are human after all, I thought they are ‘gods’.

Anyways, thanks for the post. People need to be reading posts like this at this time.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by newmi(m): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
@joagbaje
Thanks for the post, l would gladly recommend this post to all nairalanders who are strongly deriven by a passionate optimism for a much more fulfiling 2011.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by yommyuk: 12:00am On Dec 23, 2010
It is called "Pressing Forward"

Relevant post for the end of the year.

God bless. wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by Joagbaje(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2010
Zikkyy:

It took you this long to realize that members are human after all, I thought they are ‘gods’.
Anyways, thanks for the post. People need to be reading posts like this at this time.

You don't know pastor chris from far until you listen to him, he is a balance teacher. And his teachings are being lied against on this forum. This is one of the reason I post some of his teaching, so that people can see truly what he teaches and be blessed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by PRINCE4CHRIST(m): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
nice post'greater glory' is my portion.amen.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by Tonyet1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
Great post you have there brother. . .visited calabar just recently and spent a nite with some CEM of Unical and along the discourse a friend said he planned relocating to Bayelsa and wanted to continue his membership with CE.

who was the pastor incharge of Bayelsa i asked and I was amazed when they said Pastor Joagbaje. . . never knew you were truly a shepherd. Keep it up bro!
smiley smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by AKHOZEM: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Tonye T
If it's really our Nairaland joagbaje, then what you are doing is against Nairaland rules, disclosing member's real identity is a security risk. People's names do coincide but if your claim is true, what you posted is illegal and you should remove it and ban yourself if the moderators refuse to do the job.

Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations states that
"the invasion of another user's privacy is now strictly prohibited"

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by simplymee: 9:34am On Dec 24, 2010
BOY! Its been a wonderful year against all odds. I have learnt to walk looking forward to what lies ahead of me, I once wondered why the car has a rear view mirror until i knew it was to look back at where u have been and plan towards a better place. LETS CELEBRATE AHEAD OF TIME FOR 2011 WILL BE FAR BETTER.
A SONG SAYS: ESE' NI IBI TE TI BERE', ESE NI IBI TE BAMI' DE, ADUPE O JESU , NI IBI TE MUWA LO.
THANK U LORD FOR WHERE U BROUGHT ME FROM, THANK U FOR WHERE I AM NOW AND I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR WHERE U ARE TAKING ME TO. HAPPY XMAS AND A GLORIOUS 2011 AHEAD.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory by Azibalua(f): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2010
i know who holds tomorow
he's a God that delares the end from the beggining
definitely the comming year can only be greater and better with more goals to acheive
i look forward to 2011 with all my heart
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Don't Ever Dare God, Read What Happened To People Who Mocked God! / Pastor Kumuyi's Prophecies For 2016 (WATCH) / Picture Emerges Of Apostle Suleiman And His Female Pastor Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.