Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine (3887 Views)

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video) / Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-wBEa3SjRafI/VcymVIXCufI/AAAAAAAAYLI/Tu93fDlICgE/s1600/pastor.png[/img]

Isn't this the height of religious blasphemy and intolerance against the traditional religion of the land the pastor was born ?
What make this pastor any difference from the boko haram terrorist sect that are hiding under the pretext of religious conflict to carry out their massacres ?
Are we still living in the 20th century ? The last time I checked it is 21st century and 2015 for that matter. I hope this pastor face the law and maximum sentence for blaspheming the religion of the land.

Source: http://ooduarere.com/news-from-nigeria/breaking-news/and-the-religous-war-against-traditional-religion-continues-as-an-anambra-pastor-burns-the-ukolo-uga-shrine-photo/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by INTROVERT(f): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
the gods should fight their battle. so the gods did nothing while their shrine burned.

1 Like

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Imortal001: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Where the gods travel go?
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
hahaha, that pastor reminds me of the biblical elijah...
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by doublewisdom: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nonsense! Hope he's fortified enough for when the demons come calling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by nikkiking(m): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
By the time the gods come after him, make him no shout "why me" he can only getaway if the people that owns the shrine are no longer feeding it or they av abandoned it.

1 Like

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by johnydon22(m): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
Imortal001:
Where the gods travel go?
Oh right now clap for yourself..

If it was a church that was burnt you wouldn't ask whether your god travelled too, you would be the first to shout "end time things" this is not end time things right?

Well am pretty sure churches are being burnt everyday and your god is still on sabbatical leave to do anything about it..

Why don't you just condemn the simple intolerance and bigotry of every one having the right to practise theirs without interfering into the rights of others..

But no you are applauding the bigotry yourself..

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Abugab(m): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am.
Hope e prepare no be small show e don start so?
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by hahn(m): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
the gods should fight their battle. so the gods did nothing while their shrine burned.

The same way god did nothing when all those people died at the synagogue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Imortal001: 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
johnydon22:

If it was a church that was burnt you wouldn't ask whether your god travelled too, you would be the first to shout "end time things" this is not end time things right?

Well am pretty sure churches are being burnt everyday and your god is still on sabbatical leave to do anything about it..

Why don't you just condemn the simple intolerance and bigotry of every one having the right to practise theirs without interfering into the rights of others..

Are you a shrinist?

1 Like

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
If the people behind the god now decided to burn down 20 churches claiming they received message from their god to do such.. What happens ?? This is not right and using negative to deal with negative wont solve the problem..

The Gods in this case probably are wiser. While the pastor is just another Boko haram rocking tie. Is there any ideological difference between this pastor and a boko haram terrorist ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dharniel:
hahaha, that pastor reminds me of the biblical elijah...

No it reminds me of Boko haram terrorist, ISIL, Crusade and Jihadist.. Ok.. Lets call a spade a spade because that is what it is.. No matter where you go or what you try to call it.. It is what it is..

A terror act.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
johnydon22:

You are blessed for this reply. May Eledumare continue to bless you more.. Thank you soo much..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by jcross19: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
scully95:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-wBEa3SjRafI/VcymVIXCufI/AAAAAAAAYLI/Tu93fDlICgE/s1600/pastor.png[/img]

Isn't this the height of religious blasphemy and intolerance against the traditional religion of the land the pastor was born ?
What make this pastor any difference from the boko haram terrorist sect that are hiding under the pretext of religious conflict to carry out their massacres ?
Are we still living in the 20th century ? The last time I checked it is 21st century and 2015 for that matter. I hope this pastor face the law and maximum sentence for blaspheming the religion of the land.

Source: http://ooduarere.com/news-from-nigeria/breaking-news/and-the-religous-war-against-traditional-religion-continues-as-an-anambra-pastor-burns-the-ukolo-uga-shrine-photo/
so burning shrine is now a terrorism? Brain is a gift of God why can't you make use of yours.
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
Yes, religious war is an act of terrorism, be it Jihad, crusade or burning of shrines, mosque or churches all share one thing in common. Religious intolerance.
jcross19:
so burning shrine is now a terrorism? Brain is a gift of God why can't you make use of yours.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
so if it was burning of a Church, then that would be terrorism right ? I smell double standard
jcross19:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
Its officiall

religionists are bunch of biased slowpokes
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
Its officiall

religionists are bunch of biased slowpokes
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by johnydon22(m): 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Imortal001:
Are you a shrinist?
No, i am only allergic to bullshiit..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Imortal001: 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
johnydon22:
No, i am only allergic to bullshiit..
Am allergic to people that dont respect peoples opinion..

1 Like

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by johnydon22(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Imortal001:

Am allergic to people that dont respect peoples opinion..
Yes exactly! The pastor is just a typical example thats why he had to burn other people's shrine where they worship their own God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Imortal001: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Yes exactly! The pastor is just a typical example thats why he had to burn other people's shrine where they worship their own God
Wake up please, we are in the 21st century.
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by johnydon22(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
Imortal001:

Wake up please, we are in the 21st century.
Correct! You are very Correct..

we are in the 21st century where everyone should have equal rights and not have people encroaching into the rights of others

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Imortal001: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Correct! You are very Correct..

we are in the 21st century where everyone should have equal rights and not have people encroaching into the rights of others
Right of killing animal for their god.
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by kuss: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
our God God was killed too
No big deal
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by ayoku777(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
scully95:

Personally I think, this was too forward of the Pastor to have done this. If the idol worshippers had been the ones that burnt his own church, he would have involved the police or made it a matter of court dispute.

The way this is done is to convert the people of those land first through the preaching of the gospel. Then when the idol worshippers accept the gospel, they will now bring all their idols to be burnt, including all their shrines and stuff.

That's the way it was done in the scriptures.

Acts 19v17 -And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

v18  And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.

v19  Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

See that?

Paul won over the city of Ephesus first through the gospel; and then the people of their own accord brought their idols, magic books and occultic items to be burnt publicly in celebration of their new faith.

It wasn't Paul that just went about people's homes burning their stuff or setting their shrines and temples ablaze, just because they were false gods. He won their hearts first, then they burnt their own stuffs.

When Paul went to Athens and saw the entire town given to idolatry; he didn't go on rampage and start burning stuff. He preached to them.

Acts 17v16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

v17  Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

Paul always won over the hearts of the people first, then they discard of their false gods and idolatry on their own. That's the bible way.

If we christians can burn the temples and shrines of other people's idols because they are false gods to us; then we shouldn't have issues with those who burn churches and bibles since they too consider Jesus and our faith as false. Since its what we would do too -according to such people.

But that's wrong.

My opinion

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by jcross19: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
scully95:
Yes, religious war is an act of terrorism, be it Jihad, crusade or burning of shrines, mosque or churches all share one thing in common. Religious intolerance.
use your brain sir or ma did the community or family complaining about the burning or is there against? If there is none why can't you keep quiet and face your own problem.
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
If this shrine has nothing to do with enki our creator or his agents or they perform blood ish there then kudos to the pastor but he should get ready to face the music cos these shrines are no ordinary unlike the Bible god or Islam god.... Some of the shrines worship great ancient serpent tiamat whom marduk enki's first born some conquered and put to sleep forever..

Hail enki Hail gusion

1 Like

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by kolajamesjnr(m): 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
jcross19:
If u had used urs u won't av been making dis nonsensical statement

4 Likes

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by jcross19: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

If u had used urs u won't av been making dis nonsensical statement
am sorry; I don't know that shrine belong to your family.!!!!! Maybe the owner of the shrine are is complaining ooh you don't even know maybe the owner were the one that invited the man of God, you just inviting wrath of God through internet in your life , if you started experiencing miserable you will be putting the blame on the witches from your village.
Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by kolajamesjnr(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
jcross19:
am sorry; I don't know that shrine belong to your family.!!!!! Maybe the owner of the shrine are is complaining ooh you don't even know maybe the owner were the one that invited the man of God, you just inviting wrath of God through internet in your life , if you started experiencing miserable you will be putting the blame on the witches from your village.
Wrath of god? Which god zeus, olodumare, allah,yahweh or thousands of other god and I don't play d victim card wen I a problem I try to fix it instead of blaming it on some imaginary witch

3 Likes

Re: ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine by scully95: 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
jcross19:
use your brain sir or ma did the community or family complaining about the burning or is there against? If there is none why can't you keep quiet and face your own problem.
So you are the terrorist boko haram hiding under the same ideology right. Everyone is condemning the backward act of the pastor and you choose to continue supporting an act of terrorism. This is why we in the SW are too advance and tolerant. We accept everything but will never accept a pastor burning a shrine or vice versa.

This is the height of using a borrowed identity. You can continue living in denial, in other cultural identity but the moment you try to go off the limit, we will surely put you where you belong immediately. We are in the 21st century where people irrespective of religion live side by side. I have lived in the same room with people from Nepal. They still practice their rich traditional religion or culture.

Now that is respecting people and taking them for who they are but not condemn them or use all sorts of propaganda (Pegan for example, Abobaku of recent) against their religion. The maximum red-line is what this pastor just did and you are here supporting this backward nonentity. A pastor that stands to gain nothing by his acts.

This is Africa, Nigeria for that matter with rich cultural background and long time tradition. Can you dare go abroad and say because you practice one Ifa and decided to born down catholic church or even an Orthodox Russian patriarchate church ?

No this is too much and it has just one meaning. Terrorism because if the followers decided to backfire, it will turn to war. We are advance for crying out loud and the only way to live peacefully is by tolerating each other but not to this extent. This is too much.

I am for traditional religion. I would do anything to burn down 50 churches if any pastor tries to touch any of our shrines. Shrines that are even world wide known.. Thanks to Wole Soyinka.

This is to tell you how serious I'am taking this. I am not an Igbo but it touched me like my blood brother. I will continue to make sure this gets to the right department for review. What nonsense ?? A foreign religion in our motherland and even has the gods to burn down a shrine.. ha that's too much.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Experience: House On The Rock / Apostles Of Jesus Christ Cast Lots;why? / Who Is The False Prophet Talked About In Revelation 20:10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.