Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad (562 Views)

ASUU Strike From 1999 To 2022 And Duration / The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! / School Feeding Program In Niger State: See What Pupils Were Fed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad by prettytasha(f): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hi everyone , what's the duration of a PhD program in Nigeria ? I've been seeing 3 years , 4 years etc . Also I would love to know the duration in a developed country . Area of study is architecture or something within the environmental faculty
Re: How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
prettytasha:
Hi everyone , what's the duration of a PhD program in Nigeria ? I've been seeing 3 years , 4 years etc . Also I would love to know the duration in a developed country . Area of study is architecture or something within the environmental faculty

It's about 3-4 years anywhere in the world. Due to poor planning, however, it could be more stressful to do it here but if you're doing it with one of the private unis or premier federal institutions, it's not such a bad idea...

Also I have heard of people spending 5 + years on their PhD here in Nigeria, the reason for that, I do not know, but I believe it would definitely be easier and faster abroad, like every other thing...

1 Like

Re: How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad by ksk4love(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Minimum of three years.... maximum of eternity
Re: How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad by prettytasha(f): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
eduman365:

It's about 3-4 years anywhere in the world. Due to poor planning, however, it could be more stressful to do it here but if you're doing it with one of the private unis or premier federal institutions, it's not such a bad idea...

Also I have heard of people spending 5 + years on their PhD here in Nigeria, the reason for that, I do not know, but I believe it would definitely be easier and faster abroad, like every other thing...
so abroad is the best option
Re: How Long Is The Duration Of Phd Program In Nigeria Vs Abroad by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
prettytasha:
so abroad is the best option

As usual...

(1) (Reply)

Online Learning: Let's Keep Your Kids Busy And Prepared For School. / Confusion About Waec And Neco Results / ASUU Strike And 2020/2021 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.