Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! (3366 Views)

Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) / A Young Groundnut Seller Signs On A Graduand's Top With Hope For A Better Life / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by farem: 1:03pm On May 09, 2022
Do not judge a book by its cover!!

I attended one PhD exit seminar at BSU and the student dressed this way to the presentation. The lecturers were all angry at him and began to rain insults. He stood crying as they said horrible things about him.

When they were done, he began "Standing before you today that I am defending my PhD Thesis is a miracle no one else can do except God. Today is the most special day of my life and I know I have to look my best. I actually did, I wore my best cloths. Standing before you is the son of a very wealthy man whose parents died in a motor accident when he was 9 years old and in primary 4. His late parents left him with 2 younger sisters. The eldest was 6 while the youngest was 4 when they died. All my parents had, was inherited by my father's younger brother and he threw us out of the house. There was no one to run to. We survived it and I promised myself, me and my sisters must get the best of education.

I went to a community school in Ushongo where I work on people's farms in the evening to feed my sisters and later worked in the construction site to make sure they both attended and graduated at Federal Government Girls college Gboko. My sister's sold fried yam and ice fish in Gboko and saw me through school in Uni Agric Makurdi. When I graduated, I thought a job will come and our lives will change. That didn't happen and my sisters insisted I go for M.Sc. I finished my programme at the University of Ilorin in 2017 came here for the scholarship while also insisting my sisters take their JAMB and enroll into the university. Yes, we have God fighting for us and they all passed and are admitted here in BSU. The eldest is in Geography while her kid sister is in Law. The load is all on me. Many of you my lecturers may not even know me because I am not always in class. The little I make goes for their school fees, feeding and accommodation. They have made sacrifices for me and I owe them this education. Profs., Drs, pls pardon me. I know where designer suits are sold in Modern Market but I have to appear before you this way because my sisters would drop out of this university if I do...."

Everyone was shocked and heads down. A lady Doctor couldn't hold her tears. She had to stop him from telling his story and asked the sisters should pack into her house in town no one is occupying since she is staying in the Staff Quarters.

The guy defended his Thesis perfectly and everyone in the hall stood up clapping for him and admiring his strength, courage and resilience.

Stories behind many looks will shock us.

©Gabriel Gabito Akume

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Malory: 1:04pm On May 09, 2022
It doesn't matter
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by illicit(m): 1:07pm On May 09, 2022
Cock n bull story

Nobody dresses like that for that occasion no matter what

15 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by fattprince(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2022
illicit:
Cock n bull story

Nobody dresses like that for that occasion no mater what
Even with pictures?
You are unbelievable. Sometimes when I'm in a situation I think about the extremes and it happens. Yes extremes happens. I've learnt never to judge people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Stargurl20(f): 2:19pm On May 09, 2022
Hmmm
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Authoreety: 2:48pm On May 09, 2022
I wish him the best in his life endeavors

But something tells me d picture and the story ain't together...

At least we should hav a pix of him on the podium wt the slippers

7 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Smarkest(m): 3:30pm On May 09, 2022
Nice story but Scripted

5 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by illicit(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2022
fattprince:

Even with pictures?
You are unbelievable. Sometimes when I'm in a situation I think about the extremes and it happens. Yes extremes happens. I've learnt never to judge people.

The guy was irresponsible

He made up that excuse of a story

5 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Kriss216: 4:53pm On May 09, 2022
Why all this stress to gather papers your children will never inherit when you die?

Not worth it!

8 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2022
God's Mercy will locate you bro.
farem:

I attended one PhD exit seminar at BSU and the student dressed this way to the presentation. The lecturers were all angry at him and began to rain insults. He stood crying as they said horrible things about him.

When they were done, he began "Standing before you today that I am defending my PhD Thesis is a miracle no one else can do except God. Today is the most special day of my life and I know I have to look my best. I actually did, I wore my best cloths. Standing before you is the son of a very wealthy man whose parents died in a motor accident when he was 9 years old and in primary 4. His late parents left him with 2 younger sisters. The eldest was 6 while the youngest was 4 when they died. All my parents had, was inherited by my father's younger brother and he threw us out of the house. There was no one to run to. We survived it and I promised myself, me and my sisters must get the best of education.

I went to a community school in Ushongo where I work on people's farms in the evening to feed my sisters and later worked in the construction site to make sure they both attended and graduated at Federal Government Girls college Gboko. My sister's sold fried yam and ice fish in Gboko and saw me through school in Uni Agric Makurdi. When I graduated, I thought a job will come and our lives will change. That didn't happen and my sisters insisted I go for M.Sc. I finished my programme at the University of Ilorin in 2017 came here for the scholarship while also insisting my sisters take their JAMB and enroll into the university. Yes, we have God fighting for us and they all passed and are admitted here in BSU. The eldest is in Geography while her kid sister is in Law. The load is all on me. Many of you my lecturers may not even know me because I am not always in class. The little I make goes for their school fees, feeding and accommodation. They have made sacrifices for me and I owe them this education. Profs., Drs, pls pardon me. I know where designer suits are sold in Modern Market but I have to appear before you this way because my sisters would drop out of this university if I do...."

Everyone was shocked and heads down. A lady Doctor couldn't hold her tears. She had to stop him from telling his story and asked the sisters should pack into her house in town no one is occupying since she is staying in the Staff Quarters.

The guy defended his Thesis perfectly and everyone in the hall stood up clapping for him and admiring his strength, courage and resilience.

©Gabriel Gabito Akume
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by fernandoc(m): 5:13pm On May 09, 2022
Very inconsistent story. Do you defend thesis on the convocation ground? The person is either mad, encentric or unnecessarily stubborn.

Besides that is an Msc. gown not a PhD gown.

13 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Saviourk: 5:27pm On May 09, 2022
Copied smiley
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Biafranodogwu55: 6:04pm On May 09, 2022
Mtcheew...i dont believe this story

2 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Lamasta(m): 6:14pm On May 09, 2022
Authoreety:
I wish him the best in his life endeavors

But something tells me d picture and the story ain't together...

At least we should hav a pix of him on the podium wt the slippers
Na everybody dey go podium on that day
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by olas24u(f): 6:40pm On May 09, 2022
Rubbish, second hand shoes are cheap, seems poverty is important to some people.

1 Like

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Rickmann: 7:13pm On May 09, 2022
farem:

©Gabriel Gabito Akume

What hasn't happened in Nigeria, doesn't exist.

There was a country, indeed..cry

1 Like

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by pennywys(m): 9:42pm On May 09, 2022
wink

Op ur head don crack abi

Shey them dae defend thesis for convocation ground?

U too lie
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Authoreety: 9:43pm On May 09, 2022
Lamasta:

Na everybody dey go podium on that day

Where did the standing ovation come from
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by pennywys(m): 9:54pm On May 09, 2022
olas24u:
Rubbish, second hand shoes are cheap, seems poverty is important to some people.
u dae believe the story?

Anything defense of academic writing be it project or thesis in M.Sc, MBA or PhD is done before the convocation, convocation comes after the certificate has been approved by the University senate

Op is lying

2 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:37pm On May 09, 2022
Wakanda for Nigeria
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Adesina18111(m): 12:15am On May 10, 2022
Toor...thank you for this ooo...I think say na only me dey reason am grin grin

fernandoc:
Very inconsistent story. Do you defend thesis on the convocation ground? The person is either mad, encentric or unnecessarily stubborn.

Besides that is an Msc. gown not a PhD gown.
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by hope4nigeria(m): 3:22am On May 10, 2022
illicit:
Cock n bull story

kindergarten boy feeding by mama you know nothing in life
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by DesChyko: 5:32am On May 10, 2022
Early morning bobo juicegrin

Nah so so South African links this picture dey

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Classcaptain1(m): 7:44am On May 10, 2022
You wan dey serve us bobo this early. The mumu get money to do PhD but no get money to buy shoes. You think to acquire a PhD is like buying garri and groundnut? Next thing you will see is account number for donations weyrey... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Sacred007: 8:32am On May 10, 2022
them no dey borrow shoe, abi them tell u say everybody wey wear shoe for there nah them get am?
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by kingjiss: 8:37am On May 10, 2022
illicit:
Cock n bull story

Because you eat every day ,yo you don't know what others are going through
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Namiji4319: 9:22am On May 10, 2022
farem:

©Gabriel Gabito Akume
I don't know if this story is true or not but let me just believe u
In a sane country that values education, a Ph.D holder should earn enough to look after his two younger ones and still appear clean.... This country is fucckedd up and the masses are divided, this war is not against north or south, the politicians are creating this division among the masses so that we won't have a single force against them, dear Nigerians let's unite and fight to the end
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Nobody: 9:32am On May 10, 2022
Life is a teacher.
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Hardquy(m): 10:01am On May 10, 2022
The guy looks dumb though
Re: The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! by Asbx4reel: 10:07am On May 10, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free webinar on how to apply for scholarship for MSC and PhD study in Canada / Do You Know These Things Had Names? / Benefits Of Studying In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.