Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:39 PM

The Positive And Negative Effect Of Drug Related Knowledge Among Youths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Positive And Negative Effect Of Drug Related Knowledge Among Youths (228 Views)

The Positive And Negative Effects Of Educational Technology / Is There Any Negative Effect Of NYSC Exemption Certificate? / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Positive And Negative Effect Of Drug Related Knowledge Among Youths by newriver7: 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
The knowledge of drug abuse is very important to the health situation and well being of youths in Nigeria. A quick one; lets discuss what drug abuse really is.
Substance abuse, also known as drug abuse, is use of a drug in amounts or by methods which are harmful to the individual or others. It is a form of substance-related disorder. Differing definitions of drug abuse are used in public health, medical and criminal justice contexts.
Most youths in Nigeria now have good background knowledge of what drug abuse are, the types of drugs and what they are used for. Despite the fact that I’m trying to intimate you guys on drug related knowledge among youths in Nigeria, I will still want to elucidate that abstinence from hard drugs boils down to morality variation among youths in Nigeria.
Before I point out that positive and negative effect of drug related knowledge among youths in Nigeria let me first of all discuss how morality level can affect the preference from drugs.
When I’m talking about morality here I mean proper child upbringing; most children do not have the privilege to grow in a decent society. Some growth with a single parent while others grow in a violent home; this will have a kind effect on the child or children in such situation.
Another area I want to talk about is on the peer-group influence; hanging out with the wrong set of friends will also have a role to play in increase in drug related knowledge among youths in Nigeria.
Most of the Undergraduate Project Topics in Nigeria tertiary institutions especially the department of education is centered on drug related knowledge and abuse, domestic violence and academic performance. There are a lot of free project topics online; you can refer to any of them that you can lay your hands on
The prevalence of drug related knowledge has got my attention and I decided to research on it; in the process I came across an article on drug abuse so I went through it and found a lot in it that is related to drug. Below are the positive and negative effects of drug related knowledge:
Positive effects:
1. it improves the health seeking behavior of youths
2. it helps is proper first aid treatment administration
3. It help control the level of ignorance as regard drugs among youths
Negative effects:
1. Increases the level of drug abuse in Nigeria
2. it increases crime and other social vices in Nigeria
3. It affects social well being among youths in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

2020/2021 University Of Nottingham Africa Undergraduate Excellence Award / Free Online School For Higher Primary Classes!!! / Futo Post UTME 2020/2021 Screening Form-portal /admission Info Hub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.