Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases (21213 Views)

Sierra Leone Confirm First Case Of 19 / Coronavirus: Somalia, Benin Republic, Liberia, Tanzania Confirm First Cases / Saudi Arabia Confirm First Case Of Coronavirus, Links It To Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by afroniger: 7:13am On Mar 13, 2020
(Reuters) - Gabon and Ghana confirmed their first cases of coronavirus on Thursday, becoming the ninth and tenth countries in sub-Saharan Africa to register positive cases.

The region has so far been less badly hit by coronavirus than Europe or China. Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon, Togo, South Africa, Burkina Faso and Democratic Republic of Congo have also registered cases.

In a statement, Gabon's government said its case was a 27-year-old Gabonese man who had returned from France on March 8.

Ghana's health ministry said its two cases were people who had returned recently from Norway and Turkey.

"These are imported cases of COVID-19. Both patients are currently being kept in isolation and are stable," the ministry said in a statement.

More than 127,000 people have been infected globally and over 4,700 have died since the virus first emerged in China late last year, according to a Reuters tally.

Sub-Saharan Africa did not confirm its first coronavirus infection until Feb. 28 in Nigeria, but experts warn that rising cases could test already fragile health systems.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN20Z3X9

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by cRobo: 7:16am On Mar 13, 2020
I went to buy face mask and a certified pharmacist was telling me that African blood have immunity to coronavirus, I just smh

Some Nigeria medical personnel lack total awareness about this Virus

I am only scared for my Medical best friend

God please keep her safe

Well

I won't say a word

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Citytrend: 7:17am On Mar 13, 2020
Which is why it is called Global pandemic.

My only problem is that the world Leaders are like Pharoah that won't bow even for the greatest plague

Abeg joo, while looking for the cure for Coronavirus, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. Also do Fully Ready Website. See my info below to Chat me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by DEXTROVERT: 7:27am On Mar 13, 2020
Here
Comes
The
Politicized
Flu
or
Catarh
Again.
I
Believe
It
Was
Created
To
Eliminate
Some
Old
World
Leaders
Mortality 3%, Majorly Elderly,
Common among Political leaders.
Malaria
Lassa
Road Accidents
Armed Bandicts
Kill
Faster
Than
Covid-19
Please
Don't
Spare
President Haba Kiari and the Kabal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by collins88(m): 7:27am On Mar 13, 2020
To God Almighty... Please help us and forgive us of our wrong doings,for we don't knows what we are doing, please grant us your Children peace in our heart, joy in our soul and a change spirit, so things don't fall apart. Please grant to us your Children the wisdom and understanding to discover a cure for this unseen illness knows as Covid-19, because is a treat to mankind and everything we stand for. As we speak some are dying of it and other of various diseases which we are yet to discover a cure for. Please don't turn your face against us. We need you now more than ever... Thank you God Almighty for you'll do it again... Amen...

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by YorubaKinging: 7:44am On Mar 13, 2020
As the world is given to confusions and panic
More countries will adopt strict measures in order to prevent the spread of this so called virus
Every country in Europe (including the place they call isreali today) will soon ban total movements of citizens
All sporting events will be banned
All religious activities will be banned

Yet nothing will happen over here because we are the children of God
Jacob is our father
Judah is our tribe

So the Oyinbos will start envying us because God has sent out the decree to protect us

They will make war with us....
The Goats will be killed
The good shepherd will protect his sheeps

This is a word for the wise
Only the wise may understand

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Olukoso1: 7:53am On Mar 13, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by iCauseTrouble: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2020
Dear Seun, we know this Corona scourge is getting you traffic, but please we are tired of seeing it on Frontpage. We all know corona is all over the world and nothing new about it again. Please, let the next corona news be when we discover a permanent cure for am

18 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by BlackBuhari: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2020
God oo , na to start listening to Sermons , seems the world is ending
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by kendrick9(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
I'm pretty sure there are Nigerians who have this virus walking freely...
They may have the symptoms but they would be treating it as a Normal fever or malaria due to ignorance.....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Fr33born(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
If this is truly the end, then a lot of people will be going to heaven.
The best opportunity the living can have is knowing when they are going to die, apart from those that have already chosen Hell.
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by helinues: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
I have really increased eating more local foods these days like Akpu, Ewedu, Ogbona, Gbegiri, Tuosafi e.t.c

Local Africa foods are immune to Coronavirus.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by YorubaKinging: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
To those denying that we are at the end
There's no need to mock or abuse.
Please let's just wait and see
I'm sure you'll all be ashamed

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by saheedbadmus(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
lobatan ... by God's grace the virus no go reach our side o

Call on us for your event Guards ..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Mustiboy(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
This is the end.

RIP to all Nairalanders in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by ybalogs(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2020
E don happen.
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by monaPhilz: 7:56am On Mar 13, 2020
Heavens go help us all
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by TreasureTayo(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2020
The world is coming to an end?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by nanakgh(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2020
Ghana and all of Africa will be fine. We mess this up, however, and it could be game over for Africa.
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 13, 2020
Congratulations to them kiss cool
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by ybalogs(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2020
Egungun be careful nah Express you dey go.....
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by RapistOnBail: 7:56am On Mar 13, 2020
grin

Ghen Ghen grin

Let your Prayers Work you lazy descendants of False prophets grin

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by temptnow: 7:57am On Mar 13, 2020
Ghanaians have been running their dog mouth since that their government should not allow Nigerians into Ghana,

Well, look who has come home to roost.

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Pidginwhisper: 7:57am On Mar 13, 2020
Charlee!
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by dake40(m): 7:57am On Mar 13, 2020
Mustiboy:
This is the end.

Over 70million died of/from THE BLACK DEATH (1346-1353)

Yet, The world did not end.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by ybalogs(m): 7:57am On Mar 13, 2020
tohyorsih2:
Congratulations to them kiss
And that's something to be happy about? Issorait
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Kiddinpoh(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2020
Trying time... God abeg oo
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by frankmoney(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2020
Yet many people will doubt Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by ybalogs(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2020
Mustiboy:
This is the end.

End time crew member spotted.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by kendrick9(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2020
TreasureTayo:
The world is coming to an end?
The world has survived worse than this...
World war I and II for instance.
You religious folks make me laugh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 13, 2020
Las las we'll all go the way of dinosaurs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ever Lost Someone You Love To Hard Drugs? / Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Ill-Treatment & Hunger, Again / Six More Cases Of Mokeypox Confirmed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.