Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience (1657 Views)

Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. / Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Ohmyhome2: 10:09am On Mar 13, 2020
Hello,

Please, let's help one another here. Share your story, experience and past questions.

Thank you.
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by justwise(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2020
..and no dropping of contact details or advertisement will be allowed

1 Like

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Daliano(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2020
I want to register for IELTS..Please come and share your experience so we can learn..
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Chuksdavis(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
Daliano:
I want to register for IELTS..Please come and share your experience so we can learn..

I prepared in three weeks for my IELTS UKVI.

I borrowed a book called BARRON’S from a friend who had written previously and also spent a lot of time watching tutorial videos on YouTube.

I also downloaded IELTS apps on my phone and I would say it was three weeks of extensive preparation. Wrote on November 20th 2019 and got a band 7.0.

As per the registration, After registering on their website, I went to a GTBank branch and raised a draft in British council’s name and went to their office in Ikoyi Lagos the next day and was issued a receipt. Got a confirmation email for my payment and subsequent emails with links to preparation materials.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Daliano(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
Chuksdavis:

I borrowed a book called BARRON’S from a friend who had written previously and also spent a lot of time watching tutorial videos on YouTube.

I also downloaded IELTS apps on my phone and I would say it was three weeks of extensive preparation. Wrote on November 20th 2019 and got a band 7.0.

As per the registration, After registering on their website, I went to a GTBank branch and raised a draft in British council’s name and went to their office in Ikoyi Lagos the next day and was issued a receipt. Got a confirmation email for my payment and subsequent emails with links to preparation materials.

Thank you boss..You're not in the country again right?
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Chuksdavis(m): 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Daliano:

Thank you boss..You're not in the country again right?

I still am...For the time being.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by laka2016: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2020
Chuksdavis:

Can this book be downloaded online or its only in hard copy? If its only in hard copy, where can one get it to buy?
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Liodins: 5:52am On Mar 14, 2020
I wrote mine on the first of feb and scored 7.0
I used E2 language on YouTube for my writing, IELTS buddy and Liz for my listening task
I practiced my reading with Assad yaqub on YouTube, but the speaking part I practiced with some apps I downloaded and practiced with it.
It’s not as difficult as people tend to make it appear.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Chuksdavis(m): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2020
laka2016:

Can this book be downloaded online or its only in hard copy? If its only in hard copy, where can one get it to buy?

I think it’s only in hard copy. Check on Jumia.
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by EnglishWithJosh: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
Liodins:
I used E2 language on YouTube for my writing, IELTS buddy and Liz for my listening task
I practiced my reading with Assad yaqub on YouTube, but the speaking part I practiced with some apps I downloaded and practiced with it.
Yes, the exam is actually easy, people just need to eradicate examination phobia.

1 Like

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by EnglishWithJosh: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
Ask any question regarding the exam, and I will be really glad to assist you with useful answers!

1 Like

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by BiafranBushBoy: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2020
Hey guys, I wrote my exam on March 7th, and I checked the portal of British Council and saw Result not available for this test.

Anyone else in the same situation?
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by EnglishWithJosh: 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:
Hey guys, I wrote my exam on March 7th, and I checked the portal of British Council and saw Result not available for this test.

Anyone else in the same situation?
Hello,

CDT or PBT?
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by BiafranBushBoy: 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:

Hello,

CDT or PBT?

CDT.

I checked my portal and I saw "the result for this test is currently unavailable, please contact your test center"

What should I do?
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by EnglishWithJosh: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:

CDT.

I checked my portal and I saw "the result for this test is currently unavailable, please contact your test center"

What should I do?
The Computer Delivered Test's result usually takes 5-7 days. However, you should exercise patience till tomorrow, and if your result isn't available, kindly contact the body you registered with.
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by EnglishWithJosh: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
laka2016:

The Barron IELTS Textbook could be purchased from virtually all major bookshops across Nigeria.
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Zabiboy: 9:34am On Jun 26, 2020

@Mikechinos
Seems you are tryna reach me
Any probs??
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Mikechinos(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Zabiboy:

@Mikechinos
Seems you are tryna reach me
Any probs??

yes boss I have been trying to get to data science. pls which course should I start with I'm a complete novice in this
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Zabiboy: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Mikechinos:

yes boss I have been trying to get to data science. pls which course should I start with I'm a complete novice in this

Start with Excel...
Also, you wont possibly learn everything from youtube or books....so you have to keep practicing
Try to go through that thread in programming section...it'll help
GL cool

Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Omar09(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Zabiboy:

Start with Excel...
Also, you wont possibly learn everything from youtube or books....so you have to keep practicing
GL cool

Ah... When I went to computer training, I only stopped at word. I could not get to excel. Alaye!
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Omar09(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
justwise:
..and no dropping of contact details or advertisement will be allowed

The police himself! Sean! Sir!
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Omar09(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
Liodins:

Which app did you use for the speaking part ni?
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Zabiboy: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Omar09:

Ah... When I went to computer training, I only stopped at word. I could not get to excel. Alaye!

grin grin
Programming and Data Analysis/Science is for people that have the passion or zeal...
If not, your head wont carry it....
But if you finally learn it, you'll be glad you did cool
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Omar09(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Zabiboy:

grin grin
Programming and Data Analysis/Science is for people that have the passion or zeal...
If not, your head wont carry it....
But if you finally learn it, you'll be glad you did cool

grin grin I just started this morning learning python. Want to advance it to data science. I have all the materials. So far, I can do it.
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Zabiboy: 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Omar09:

grin grin I just started this morning learning python. Want to advance it to data science. I have all the materials. So far, I can do it.

Nice one
GL man.. cool
Re: Share Your IELTS Tips And Experience by Mikechinos(m): 6:31am On Jun 27, 2020
Zabiboy:

Start with Excel...
GL cool

thanks sir j really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Breath Taking Drone Pictures Of Some Places In Abuja / I Want To Leave Nigeria Urgently / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.