Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,756 members, 7,955,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:39 PM

Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! (14621 Views)

Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist / Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case / Who Is The Most Handsome Super Eagle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by lafile(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2007
A French court last Friday sentenced a Nigerian former footballer who played for a top French club, Godwin Okpara, to 13 years in prison for the rape of his adopted daughter. Okpara's wife received 15 years for her rape and torture, while his mother-in-law received a five-year sentence for failing to come to the aid of a person in danger. After the verdict, Okpara's wife, Linda, sarcastically turned on their daughter, Tina, saying: "Thanks. Thanks a lot, Tina. Good luck in France." She then danced in the accused's box and made incomprehensible remarks toward her daughter, who stared at the ground.

Jurors had deliberated for two hours before reaching the verdict. Okpara, a 34-year-old who played for French club Paris Saint-Germain between 1999 and 2001, denied raping the girl, saying the sex had been consensual. During the four-day trial, Tina, also a Nigerian, now aged 19, described having lived through an ordeal because of her parents, who brought her to France in 2001 at the age of 13. She said she was forced to do all household chores, and was regularly raped by her adopted father under threat of being beaten. Linda Okpara allegedly shaved her head, stubbed a cigarette out on her cheek, and forced her to perform cruel sexual acts, according to the accusations. Defense lawyers said they were likely to appeal. Okpara's lawyer had described him as mentally absent. "Godwin Okpara is not the heartless monster that has been described," said Joseph Cohen Sabban
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by spoilt(f): 2:36am On Feb 24, 2008
hopefully nigerian men will learn that house maids and adopted kids and relatives are off limits. consensual my crusty feet. angry

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by princeonx: 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2008
You'll sound less Ignorant if you use that golden word "SOME"

instead of your Nigerian men bla! bla!! bla!!!

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by lexzybee: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2008
Na wah ooo Godwin,this is mean to a young girl,u shuldnt ve adopted the girl in the first case, This is a big lesson for him oooooooooooooo
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by lexzybee: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2008
hopefully nigerian men will learn that house maids and adopted kids and relatives are off limits. consensual my crusty feet.

spoilt
its true,do not generalise,we stil have very good Nigeria men out there.
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by spoilt(f): 1:49am On Feb 26, 2008
prince_onx:

You'll sound less Ignorant if you use that golden word "SOME"

instead of your Nigerian men bla! bla!! bla!!!

relax. my intent wasnt to generalize! quick to attack here! hard day?
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by 4Play(m): 1:55am On Feb 26, 2008
spoilt:

relax. my intent wasnt to generalize! quick to attack here! hard day?

Not only do you lack context,you missed the point that Godwin's wife aided and abetted the rape. grin
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by spoilt(f): 2:13am On Feb 26, 2008
hopefully nigerian men and women (apparently women have started raping women!) will learn that house maids and adopted kids and relatives are off limits.
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by princeonx: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
You still didn't get it!

Where is "SOME" in that statement? or is it ALL nigerian men and women? Anyway!
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by A40(m): 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
Why couldnt he at least wait till she was 18 undecided.Consensual my ass a shorty at 13 is simply too young for sex
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by spoilt(f): 12:42am On Feb 27, 2008
prince_onx:

You still didn't get it!

Where is "SOME" in that statement? or is it ALL nigerian men and women? Anyway!

Bro i totally get your fixation on the word "some', but just because i didnt use the word doesnt mean that i meant "all" .

If i had said "hopefully ALL nigerian men and women can learn from this" then you can bring out your 'generalization gun' to kill me and blast me into orbit.

[s]Not in the mood for a crash course in english. i have dinner to fix. [/s]
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by sley4life(m): 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2008
Godwin Okpara is insane. He must be flogged till he forgets his name. He should be eradicated from the earth and sent sent to planet mars. He said he had sex with consensual agreement. how can he tell us fuckin lies. A girl of 13 will have consensual agreement of having sex with a man able to be her father or even grand father in some tribes.

Godwin i wish i can put flames on ur ass and burn ur pv pa*t with red hot flames from iron steel industries. U are a disgrace to humanity. Dont appeal to any judgement. just go to jail and serve ur jail term
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by sley4life(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
Godwin Okpara is insane. He must be flogged till he forgets his name. He should be eradicated from the earth and sent sent to planet mars. He said he had sex with consensual agreement. how can he tell us fuckin lies. A girl of 13 will have consensual agreement of having sex with a man able to be her father or even grand father in some tribes.

Godwin i wish i can put flames on ur ass and burn ur pv pa*t with red hot flames from iron steel industries. U are a disgrace to humanity. Dont appeal to any judgement. just go to jail and serve ur jail term
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by deola1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2008
hopefully nigerian men will learn that house maids and adopted kids and relatives are off limits. consensual my crusty feet.

only men? undecided
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by DaJunta(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2008
If not for Christ said we should forgive smiley

He should rot in jail!!! grin
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by sley4life(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2008
Godwin Okpara, uve disgraced this country and u must pay for it. How will u rape ur daughter? I thought all this only happens in novels or films, U must be castrated. Ur pv part shuld be removed away from yur body grin
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by Favormi(m): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2010
Dat wil b a lesson 4 d odas. .
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by chidichris(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2010
the girl was 13 in 2001 when she was brought to france. now is 2010 and she is 19. pls poster reconcile that before i make my comment.
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by hollandis(f): 5:51am On Apr 29, 2010
link please
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by honeric01(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2010
chidichris:

the girl was 13 in 2001 when she was brought to france. now is 2010 and she is 19. pls poster reconcile that before i make my comment.

grin grin grin grin grin

@poster

Now link please before we do the norms. undecided
Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by omar22(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2010

Its more common with Nigerian women or wifes who treats house maids as next to animals , I know of a lady who shaved her husbands daughters head (Step-daughter) when she arrived in England

Godwin Okpara, uve disgraced this country

It happens in Nigeria everyday, but this time it happened in the wrong country who were prepapre to punish the offender

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! by Emmacarnegie(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
If Okpara is guilty dat serves him right and a lesson 2 dose who maltreat others.

(1) (Reply)

Joe Mazzulla Meets With Pep Guardiola Before 2024 NBA Finals / AFCON 2021: Senegal Vs Zimbabwe (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022 / Scholes Wants Manchester United To Sign Wilfred Ndidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.