Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case (15507 Views)

Jerry Sandusky Sentenced To 442 Years In Prison / Godwin Okpara, Former Super Eagle, Sentenced To 13 Years In Jail! / Godwin Opara Goes To Jail In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
The 76-year-old has been found guilty of sex and corruption offences and also banned from taking up political office pending an appeal

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to seven years in prison after being found guilty of charges of corruption and soliciting an underage prostitute.

The 76-year-old was accused of paying for sex with Moroccan girl Karima El Mahroug in 2010, when she was 17, as well as abusing his position in public office for attempting to force her release from police custody over a charge of petty theft.

Although prosecutors sought the maximum six-year custodial sentence for the former Italian Premier, a court in Milan issued a seven-year punishment following the guilty verdict, in addition to a lifetime ban from politics, pending any appeal from Berlusconi's solicitors.

However, it could be months or even years before he serves any punishment, with Berlusconi entitled to appeal the verdict twice before it becomes final.

Berlusconi is already embroiled in several legal battles in the Italian courts. In October 2012, he was issued a four-year prison sentence for tax fraud, which has been upheld following a first appeal.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2013/06/24/4071361/ac-milan-owner-berlusconi-jailed-for-seven-years?ICID=HP_BN_1

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
tongue Ten Views And No Comments Yet.

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by dani1luv: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by dani1luv: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
emmysenior: tongue Ten Views And No Comments Yet.

Idiot na 21 tongue

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
This man is a Legend

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Lordwize(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
Appeal still dey for the mafian manager?
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
See what an underage punny caused. Guys better date 18 and above

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
italian mafia
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by ZN2: 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
The prostitution case sounds like a setup.

This is the lady back then in 2010. shocked Even I wouldn't believe she was 17.

2 Likes

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Blessmira: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
pls need ur takes on dis serious mater. sad
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by everyday: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
76yr old! May God have mercy on his soul

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Okworigeorge(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
messi go be d next
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sentenced, but won't go to jail cos he is entitled to two appeals...

Ok

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by HAH: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Don't celebrate yet cos he has two levels of appeals and even if convicted he can only do his time in house arrest cos he is above the age limit for imprisonment in italy, the guy is 76.

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by braine(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
I thought it was supposed to be like 6 years.
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
grin
chidindufrank: See what an underage punny caused. Guys better date 18 and above

grin
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Connoisseur(m): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
emmysenior: tongue Ten Views And No Comments Yet.

the thing dey baffle us. its almost impossible in our climes

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by texaco1: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Blessmira: pls need ur takes on dis serious mater. sad
why is it a serious matter?is he ur father?

5 Likes

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by ZN2: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ms Mahroug turned her role in the scandal to her advantage, appearing in lucrative TV interviews, adverts and by making special appearances in nightclubs around Italy.

Get a load of this smartass. shocked

Read More - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12473645

The said lady is now married too. undecided
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by Les: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Who knows how many pros.tit.utes GEJ sleeps with and they ol go scot free. I say so cos am not sure that man enjoys dat his fat wife...

1 Like

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by supaeagles(m): 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Even if Burlesconi does get incarcerated, you know those bunga bunga parties will still go on in his luxurious jail
bunga bunga party in pix, NSFW

By the way I think we can use a more reliable news source than goal.com smiley and so here is a reuters web link
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by chymystique(f): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Women- Weapon of Mass Destruction
Man's greatest Weakness! undecided

I dey hail Us Women ooo...

Pelee for dis man
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by siobahn: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
~ZN~:
The prostitution case sounds like a setup.

This is the lady back then in 2010. shocked Even I wouldn't believe she was 17.

If this girl is 17, then i'm 12 or is 17 her football age?

10 Likes

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by texaco1: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
grin
make una no worry super man mario balotelli go bail am,no shaking
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by olawaletaiwo(m): 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
very funny,oh i see,them no born una well, make una con try dat rubish for naija, even 15 years lady dey date 150yrs papa for here, he no mean anything to us .. i need BB..lol
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by airmark(m): 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ac milano. This man needs AC to cool off in jail.
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by ZN2: 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
siobahn:

If this girl is 17, then i'm 12 or is 17 her football age?

That's a supposed picture of her back in 2010 when she was 17. Well, what can I say. undecided

She's now 20 though.
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by moshoodn(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
Wow...

Berlusconi doesn't even look 76!!

He looks much younger.
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by supaeagles(m): 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
siobahn: If this girl is 17, then i'm 12 or is 17 her football age?
Exactly, she looks fully developed and matured, kind of what Obafemi Martins looked like when he was "17" too (and now at 28, he runs like tortoise)

3 Likes

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by ivili(m): 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Berlusconi will not go to jail,he is very influential and Italy has some old mafias that benefited from his administration and they will pull some strings on his behalf.
Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by nerodenero: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
I dont think this is possible in Nigeria.Imagine IBB,OBJ,GEJ,BUHARI,GOWON or even SHEHU SHAGARI being convicted and sentenced according.The day this happen,then we have a new Nigeria where nobody,no matter your status is above the law.

2 Likes

Re: Silvio Berlusconi Sentenced To Jail In Prostitution Case by hrykanu231(m): 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Can this happen in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erik Ten Hag Gives Brutal Rating Of Manchester United’s Display VS Aston Villa / Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd / The Three Times Messi Was Set To Leave But Didn't: Will There Be A Fourth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.