Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,451 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

My First Taste Of Missionary Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My First Taste Of Missionary Work (1420 Views)

Picture Of The American Missionary Who Was Released By Kidnappers / “Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo / Success Stories of Missionary Outreaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Taste Of Missionary Work by KunleOshob(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2010
1st taste of missionary work. Poor me was in nice shirt & suit. Got picked up from Jos in a nice SUV. Then we got to the Kachia in Kaduna & We had to change to a rickety pickup truck. No space in front so I had to sit in the open back. Cold long trip in the thick bush on a rocky brown road with no lights. Got to anobon village looking all brown from head to toe.

It was indeed a great experience. There was just one toilet and bathroom in the entire village. It was built by the missionaries. Amazing really. These people live in another world. It was joy to see all these young folks , who have left everything to go live in the bush with these people just for the sake of the gospel. I met one who had to paddle on a canoe for an hour to get to the village where he ministers. Another one just finished university this year. These guys are graduates and they left all. I bless God for the privilege to meet these great Nigerians.

The above was posted on the facebook page of a friend who is a genuine man of God striving to serve God selflessly and do his will. The funny thing is that he is a Nigerian based in the U.S yet he left the comfort of the U.S and his family to God and serve God in this area area without any motive of material benefits. I just felt i should share this with us here and contrast it to our so called men of God wo have turned their churches into business concerns and are more interested in the own comfort/luxury than the true work of God which should be selfless.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by nuella2(f): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2010
Great story but the men of God you criticise everyday have done great sacrifices for the gospel too. I know of a pastor that use to sleep in the venue of a church, he left the comfort of his family and there was no toilet around and was using a nearby bush. I think you shld do a research on men of God, how they started before they became big. Personally i have treaked for like three hours to a village, we even crossed a river to preach the gospel to the villagers. Most of the villagers dont even speak English, we looked for an interpreter. But if i become famous tmrw, pple will call me a charlatan, not considering what have done for the sake of the gospel.

1 Like

Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by mabell: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ kunleoshob
And which missionary work have you done? Average mind discuss other people. Great minds discuss visions and Ideas. CEC churches will be reaching out to the poor this sunday evening. feeding them, giving out clothes etc. You can have your own. Missionary experience by participating. grin
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by newmi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
KunleOshob:

The above was posted on the facebook page of a friend who is a genuine man of God striving to serve God selflessly and do his will. The funny thing is that he is a Nigerian based in the U.S yet he left the comfort of the U.S and his family to God and serve God in this area area without any motive of material benefits. I just felt i should share this with us here and contrast it to our so called men of God wo have turned their churches into business concerns and are more interested in the own comfort/luxury than the true work of God which should be selfless.
Thank God for men like this In your story above, l am particularly inspired. But most of the men of God you have critized on nairaland have not done any different and paraventure may have done even more in terms of sacrifies, THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW THEIR STORY DOES'T IN ANYWAY DISCREDIT THE AUTHENTICITY OF THEIR CALL.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by Sweetnecta: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
Even if his gallant effort leads to hellfire?

Is there a god (Jesus the servant of God) but One God?

As I admire his leaving his plushy life for hardship, I just cant help to feel sorry for his soul and those souls that are in his camp; wealthy or poor regardless.

when you create your own concept of God and how to worship Him, you have wronged God and the wrong is accrued against your soul.

There is no trinity. There is no duality. Yet there is God; One Singular Creator The Lord God Almighty Who without Him, there is nothing.

Finally to refuse His established process of worship which He gave as the way droplets of rain water fill up a bucket from start (as in the time of Adam (AS)) to the end (as in the time of Muhammad (AS)), the Islam of Adam's time contains Belief in One God Who created, making salah to Him and fasting for His sake. Definitely the same Islam at the end like a full bucket of water receiving its last droplets, in the time of Muhammad (AS) contains the same Belief of One God Who created, making specific amount of salah of 5 per day where each is representing 10 based on the reduction under the mercy of God, not wishing to cause believers hardship, zakat, sadaqah, fasting, hajj and others are now the completed package.

To have left all of these alone and then make up a god(s) be it in trinity or duality or even deny the existence of God altogether amounts to disbelief, calling or not calling a blood of human or animal compounds the straying from the Truth of God. There is no real admiration for falsehood. It is worse than taking fools gold for the real Gold. While they look the same, in their purity, you can know them by their weight differences. While real diamond can cut glass, a fake diamond crumbles.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by KunleOshob(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^
what is dis sweetnecta ranting about

@Nuella2,mabell & newmi

We know the so called men of God that are in it for the money and your false pastor stands high amongst those who are in the ministry for filthy lucres sake. Ask yourself would Opaks do what he guy i wrote about did? or would he feel to big and rather rivell in his ill gotten wealth and luxuries it provides.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by InesQor(m): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
KunleOshob:

^^^
what is dis sweetnecta ranting about

LOL the dude is so bitter, his name is a misnomer!

Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by Sweetnecta: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2010
@kunleoshobu: « #5 on: Today at 06:45:52 PM »

^^^
what is dis sweetnecta ranting about Huh[quote][/Quote]Oshobu, or otolorin grin where is rant? if i didnt speak ijesha, is that ranting? you people are very low grade that whatever is an opposite view to your point is ranting. i'm a muslim and any gods apart from God is a lie and you need to explain your 'lie'.

[Quote]@Nuella2,mabell & newmi

We know the so called men of God that are in it for the money money and your false pastor stans high amongst those who are in the ministry for filthy lucres sake. Ask yourself would Opaks do what he guy i wrote about did? or would he feel to big and rather rivell in his ill gotten wealth and luxuries it provides.[/Quote]everyone is now a man of God, for calling himself that.

@InesQor
[Quote]At the place where I lost my marbles and found my bearings.[/Quote]ask the ifa priest to get your marbles for you. I know between the two of you with the assistance of his ifa and your god (jesus), you will not find it. so call scotland yard's MI5.

[Quote]« #6 on: Today at 08:00:54 PM »

Quote from: KunleOshob on Today at 06:45:52 PM
^^^
what is dis sweetnecta ranting about Huh

LOL the dude is so bitter, his name is a misnomer![/Quote]Bitter because of my entry? InesQor, you are throwing out the label a bit too loosely.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by InesQor(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2010
At the place where I lost my marbles and found my bearings.

sweetnecta: ask the ifa priest to get your marbles for you. I know between the two of you with the assistance of his ifa and your god (jesus), you will not find it. so call scotland yard's MI5.

I had changed my location to 9ja!!! but just because of this post I will change it back to the above.

Now go and tie a millstone round your neck and go for a swim! LOL!!  cheesy
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by Sweetnecta: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^^^^^Infant. Your response shows maturity. is this the best you can do? No wonder you and Olopele see eye to eye. its unislamic to cause your own death (suicide) and or the death of non-combatant.

Oo gbon rara. Now thats classic. And through it, I didnt wish you any evil.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by InesQor(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Infant.

Your response shows maturity.
LOL go to school jare. Those two lines are in contrast grin
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by InesQor(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sweetnecta:

its unislamic to cause your own death (suicide) [/b]and [b]or the death of non-combatant.

I see cheesy

Tell that to your suicide bomber friends, they are guilty on both counts! grin grin grin
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by aletheia(m): 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Topic: KunleOshob did not mention any names but some people are obviously uncomfortable.

Things Fall Apart:
An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in a proverb
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by Sweetnecta: 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
@InesQor: « #10 on: Today at 09:35:17 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 09:25:16 PM
Infant.

Your response shows maturity.
LOL go to school jare. Those two lines are in contrast Grin[/Quote]You havent hear "Child, you are now a man" before? I am truly seeing childishness in you Ines.

[Quote]« #11 on: Today at 09:36:44 PM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 09:25:16 PM
its unislamic to cause your own death (suicide) and or the death of non-combatant.

I see Cheesy

Tell that to your suicide bomber friends, they are guilty on both counts! Grin Grin Grin[/Quote]You asked, hence my response. None of my friends is a suicide bomber. I have not lost anyone in that process. That will be similar to telling you that your friends are the Oil region hoodlums.

[Quote]Light the dark
"The hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies" Isa 28:17[/Quote]OT is what they relied upon, and they will claim everything is Jesus! Hypocrites.

@aletheia (m):« #12 on: Today at 09:53:26 PM »
[Quote]@Topic: KunleOshob did not mention any names but some people are obviously uncomfortable.[/Quote]The mouthpiece for Oshob (Omo complete the name). The lonely me responded. The swamp is littered with the locusts dying to be noticed. Abeg comot for road.

[quote]Quote from: Things Fall Apart
An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in a proverb[/Quote]Old man is not affected? Then I am that old man, since your name is feminine like Althea, Alexis, Alicia, etc, so why arent you shifting uncomfortably?
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by Azibalua(f): 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
na wa oh

pls can someone tell me where it is written that the criteria to decide if one is a man of god is if

a. he puts on rags
b. his place of habitation
c. the place where he carries out evangelism
d. his educational qualification
and lots more

it is stupid for anyone to believe these and many more to be reasons to decide if one is a man of god
a man of god is one who is anointed and called into the office,
of course there may be times in our walk of faith where we have to put ourselves in positions of discomfort to ensure that the gospel is preached

i have slept under tents, and under harsh conditions just to ensure that the work of ministry moves on

it is not a new thing
it is called MINISTRY
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by aletheia(m): 12:07am On Dec 24, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@aletheia (m):« #12 on: Today at 09:53:26 PM »The mouthpiece for Oshob (Omo complete the name). The lonely me responded. The swamp is littered with the locusts dying to be noticed. Abeg comot for road.

Did anyone mention your name, fake Arab? grin Several people posted before you did. . .what makes you assume that the proverb was referring to you? I 've told you to stop seeking attention from Christians and especially from aletheia. I thought you said you will henceforth ignore me. . .what happened? Is it that you are secretly addicted to aletheia's words and can't do without hearing from him at least once a day. You have a bloated sense of self-importance because you are actually not as significant as you think.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by Sweetnecta: 12:28am On Dec 24, 2010
^^^^^^ I guess all yorubas are fake arabs. just like all igbos are fake jews. My genuine apology to all igbos who may find this offensive. i am far from intending to offend anyone. but i cant help it but to use it to educate the depe above.

Aletheia, you must have noticed that i sincerely dont give a freak about you?

when the muslims dont care about somebody they say to him "do what you want". so do what you want Mehn (man). Perverted soul.
Re: My First Taste Of Missionary Work by aletheia(m): 1:13am On Dec 24, 2010
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^ I guess all yorubas are fake arabs. just like all igbos are fake jews.
Why are you dragging Igbos into your post. Of course you are a fake Arab. And Igbos are no Jews.

Sweetnecta:

Aletheia, you must have noticed that i sincerely dont give a freak about you?

^^And yet you keep mentioning aletheia in your posts and keep replying to my posts. Aren't you deluding yourself? Like I said:

aletheia:

I 've told you to stop seeking attention from Christians and especially from aletheia. I thought you said you will henceforth ignore me. . .what happened? Is it that you are secretly addicted to aletheia's words and can't do without hearing from him at least once a day.

To start with the thread did not remotely concern you, did not mention Islam or Muhammad, but in jumps Sweetnecta with his usual discombobulated drivel and poorly articulated rants. And then my post was directed at the topic, but no; you must find a way for aletheia to notice you.

Don't worry: keep infesting Christian threads seeking notice from Christians instead of going to your Islamic board. You just can't get enough of the gospel of Jesus and Christians. grin Here is a song for you. Enjoy!

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo?fs=1&amp[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) / Oh! Why Destroy Your Life And Destiny? / A Spiritual Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.