Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) (1417 Views)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by flourishfx(m): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2011
hello friends, i am highly motivated 2 start dis topic
i know it will bless alot of people.
i started bcumin a serious listener wen ever i hear d word giving been preached or discussed.
and it has giving me concern since i was young not 2 joke with my tithes and offering,bt i still hear pastors talk about giving2 an anointing,2 a man of God,2 a prophet,higher grace,d poor,ur parent,d altar of God etc.
what really re d benefits a bliver can rciv in doing dis, because its our rights in christ.
wat re d proper way dese principles can be applied to get a desried result.
friends,pastors,men of God pls share ur views and xperince or t2stimonies here
tanks
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by wetu: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
The scripture is misused. it's not about tithes at all. From verse 22, Luke 6 is talking about relations with other people:

Luk 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Doing good to people:

Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

lending to them:

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

And giving:

Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Giving to Pastors is addressed elsewhere:

2Co 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

Giving to Pastors increases the fruits of your righteousness. If there's a Pastor telling you to sow a seed to his ministry in order to get a financial return on investment, rather go to a local bank for advice on financial instruments.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Zikkyy(m): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2011
flourishfx:

What result
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Joagbaje(m): 5:23am On Apr 16, 2011
flourishfx:

i still hear pastors talk about giving2 an anointing,2 a man of God,2 a prophet,higher grace,d poor,your parent,d altar of God etc.
what really re d benefits a bliver can rciv in doing dis, because its our rights in christ.
friends,pastors,men of God pls share your views and xperince or t2stimonies here
tanks

It is scriptural to sow in the life of your minister.

Galatians 6:6-10
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate (Give) unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by EarsWide(m): 9:21am On Apr 16, 2011
@Mr Jo

Will a real christian see a picture of a naked burnt man and take pictures of him on his 'iphone' ?
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Joagbaje(m): 10:05am On Apr 16, 2011
Yes , to the glory of God. The picture is now his testimony. People like you would have walked by.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by EarsWide(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2011
@Mr Jo

you said
Yes , to the glory of God. The picture is now his testimony. People like you would have walked by.

To the glory of God ? You must be deluded if you think showing his pictures to proove yourself is christianlike.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Joagbaje(m): 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
:p
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Snowwy: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
Welldone Joe, once again.

See someone teaching what is Christlike yet going all over nairaland abusing people. Hypocrisy at his peak.

You had no proof that the girl that died was actually dead and you called Jo a liar. :e gave you proof of someone he helped you said it was for self gratification. Not even looking at the fact that this person who would have died is now alive. It shows how 'christian' you are.
Just try to be objective cos this hate you have is really making a mockery of you earswide.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by EarsWide(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Snowwy

Yes I am going to keep going after Mr Jo - cant you see my signature ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Snowwy: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
No qualms Earswide.
Keep going after him. You know what that means? You will remain in the shadow of Joe. You implied it yourself.
Obviously you have found your purpose in life. Weldone.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by EarsWide(m): 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Snowwy

I really do think I should be exposing the charlatans in our churches - and I intend to do so, dont worry.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Snowwy: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
Worry? Do I post like I am worried?
I am 'commending' you for finding your purpose in life, you say I should not worry.
I am not worriedn Jo's shadow.
While 'finding out the charlatans' please remember to put something better instead. Don't 'tear down' without building up and while at it remember to pray for them. That is very important.
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by EarsWide(m): 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Snowwy

FYI

I am doing what I am doing because there are vulnerable people in society who are exploited by charlatans in the church. It just happens that many of these charlatans happen to be in our pentecostal churches.

I have a problem with pastors who are much richer than their congregation, who fake miracles to keep the vulnerable people coming back or who promise riches to desperately poor people - this is wrong.

What part of what I have stated do you disagree with ?
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by Joagbaje(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
, Nobody seemed interested to answer our clown again,
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by vincent10(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2011
It is scriptural to sow in the life of your minister.
Galatians 6:6-10
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate(Give) unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
[/color]
[quote][/quote]
we should be good to our pastors does not mean we MUST sow seeds in their lives as most pastor emphasize. Being good has diverse meaning. You can advice ur pastor, pray for him, encourage him etc. and not contributing money to buy jet for your pastor when u've not eaten to ur fill
Re: Is Giving According To Luke 6:38 Really Impotant(sowing Of Seeds) by flourishfx(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2011
most people say wen giv2 aman of God,d anointin he carries can work4u.
i also know dat wen u walk with an anointed servant of God with ur hrt,dedicated,humility wat he carries will be urs,d grace he walks in will be xposed2u,u can get dis by service and by seed.how tru is dis guys

(1) (Reply)

Walk In Gods Perfect Will / Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? / How Mouka Commits Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.