Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

JDM Toyota Century - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / JDM Toyota Century (4876 Views)

This One-off Century GRMN Is Toyota President's Official Car / Toyota Century: Here’s Toyota’s Challenge To Rolls-royce And Bentley... / Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 2:24am On Mar 14, 2020
This is the Toyota Century built for Japan domestic market. Production started off in 1967 and the car has received many updates ever since. It was initially fitted with a V8 engine and later refreshed with a V12 Engine in 1997. It is the official car for the Emperor of Japan and other high ranking Japanese Government officials.

The production is limited to 200 units a year and it is done in a special factory appointed by Toyota. This car commands so much respect on Japanese roads. It is rumoured that when it pulls up to an event in Japan, most people bow to greet its occupants. It was never exported Internationally except for very few units used in the USA by top Toyota Executives.

One draw back is that it was made in right hand drive only. The information on this car is very limited and I am wondering if the driving position can be converted to left hand drive. Anyone with answers should explain further. This is a true beast to own.

Re: JDM Toyota Century by id4sho(m): 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2020
ladipo men go finish. but getting left hand dashboard is the main issue.

1 Like

Re: JDM Toyota Century by Azeh(m): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
See beauty
Re: JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
id4sho:
ladipo men go finish.
but getting left hand dashboard is the main issue.

That's the hardest part. There seem to be non. I have searched the internet extensively and nothing came up. Toyota made this car so exclusive to the Japanese market. Why will they do such to a beautiful car? But some internet forums suggested a customized dashboard which will be very pricey. Otherwise drive the car like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Azeh:
See beauty

Very beautiful car but I dont know why Toyota didnt go International with it. At least they would have captured some market share held by Rolls Royce and Bentley. They didnt even use any Toyota Badge on this car and they claim the car can serve owners for up to 50 years or more.

1 Like

Re: JDM Toyota Century by KINGreignn: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
To own, you have to kill some yakuzas

3 Likes

Re: JDM Toyota Century by id4sho(m): 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2020
Nefo:

That's the hardest part. There seem to be non. I have searched the internet extensively and nothing came up. Toyota made this car so exclusive to the Japanese market. Why will they do such to a beautiful car? But some internet forums suggested a customized dashboard which will be very pricey. Otherwise drive the car like that.
I think have seen one on the road in Onitsha, not sure sha. I've sighted several JDMs in Onitsha, make intensive research.
CHEERS
Re: JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
id4sho:

I think have seen one on the road in Onitsha, not sure sha. I've sighted several JDMs in Onitsha, make intensive research.
CHEERS

Still researching and hope that I will be successful. The one you saw at Onitsha is likely to be a Toyota Crown. Toyota was so stingy with the century and that's why many people don't know that such a car exists.

2 Likes

Re: JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
KINGreignn:
To own, you have to kill some yakuzas

Lol...the ownership of this car is in the following order:

The Emperor...High ranking Japanese Government Officials...Top Ranking Toyota Executives...Yakuzas...then me.

So the ones you will find in the open market have been used by the Yakuzas then passed to the public. But this car was so over engineered that you won't believe it has been used by three or four owners.
Re: JDM Toyota Century by nurey(m): 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
Nefo:

The Emperor...High ranking Japanese Government Officials...Top Ranking Toyota Executives...Yakuzas...then me.

So the ones you will find in the open market have been used by the Yakuzas then passed to the public. But this car was so over engineered that you won't believe it has been used by three or four owners.

If you have 120m I have one for sale 2006 bullet proof with about 36000miles on it V12 engine. It is red in color not black and you will need a bullet proof permit to drive it.

Available in ife, Igbo elerin
Re: JDM Toyota Century by KINGreignn: 12:26am On Mar 16, 2020
Nefo:

But have you seen pictures and videos of the latest models?
It oozes oriental class and Japanese statement to traditional luxury.
Re: JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2020
KINGreignn:

But have you seen pictures and videos of the latest models?
It oozes oriental class and Japanese statement to traditional luxury.

Yes I have. Its simply mind blowing. I don't understand why Toyota does not have plans to export such a beautiful car.
Re: JDM Toyota Century by KINGreignn: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Nefo:

Yes I have. Its simply mind blowing. I don't understand why Toyota does not have plans to export such a beautiful car.
It's a simple answer : it's because it's a cult status car for the rich Japanese folks who wish to keep to true Japanese technology and culture.

1 Like

Re: JDM Toyota Century by Nefo: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
KINGreignn:

It's a simple answer : it's because it's a cult status car for the rich Japanese folks who wish to keep to true Japanese technology and culture.

JDM for life...I like that.
Re: JDM Toyota Century by Veriton(m): 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
I've always been a fan of importing my cars, even though it's such a complicated process. There are many reasons for this, such as cheaper cars on offer that have the exact specification as domestic ones and the need for high-performance vehicles that are only sold in other markets (such as the Japanese domestic market). You just need to make sure to import from a reliable place and in a dependable way. I recommend doing it through a JDM importer. You can read this article about how to import a car from Japan, and you can apply the process to the US as well.

(1) (Reply)

Between Peugeot 406 Ew10 And Ew12... / Where In Lagos Can I Get A Fairly Used (tokunbo) Power Bike? / Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.