Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? (1388 Views)

How Much Is It To Change Fuel Filter Toyota Avensis 2012 / 5 Signs Of Bad Fuel In The Tank / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? by xlee11: 4:22am On Mar 14, 2020
My car makes an unusual noise when starting. and the engine seems to have lower power than it should have. I was told that the car may have a bad fuel filter. as I know a fuel filter is responsible for keeping the combustion engine in shape. any idea? What Are the Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms?
Re: What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? by adetwin(m): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
It's not fuel filter at all, to my own view IGNITION (Timing Bet Settings)
Re: What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? by Wasabi101: 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Yes, Thank you. Sure I would check the ignition system first. But a dirty fuel filter, lack of fuel getting to the injectors can cause a lack of engine power.
Re: What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? by kernniejay(m): 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Symptoms of bad fuel filter:
1. Vehicle not starting at once
2. Vehicle jerking while in motion
3. Vehicle not accelerating well
4. Vehicle engine going off intermittently

Likely reasons for lower engine power:
1. Spark plugs need to be replaced
2. Throttle body (injectors) overdue for tune-up
3. Oil rings or Valve seals leaking
4. Piston rings wearing out
5. Engine is probably smoking secretly and needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Likely reasons for the noise you hear when starting (It depends on how the noise sounds)
1. Ignition motor (kick starter) wearing out (if noise accompanies ignition when you start)
2. One or more plugs is either wet or dead (if you hear a sudden spark wen you press throttle or rev on a spot).
3. Engine mount is bad (if you hear a short pull noise that makes engine shake)
4. Gear is wearing out (if noise sounds when you engage gear).
5. Slacking or worn out serpentine belt, it is the belt that connects and makes the alternator and water pump roll together with the engine. (if the noise is a high pitch squeaking/whistling noise)
6. Any other thing can cause noise, take vehicle for inspection and repair.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? by Wasabi101: 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
One of the Symptoms of a Bad Fuel Filter is engine pinging. When there’s not enough quality fuel running in the system, the engine cylinders must have insufficient fuel burning and air mixture. This event happens during incomplete combustion brought by a clogged fuel filter. An engine that keeps working without adequate fuel causes rattling or pinging noise.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B / Toyota Sequoia Review / How Du You Repair Flood Damaged Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.