Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason (38216 Views)

Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video / Watch The Video Of The Slayqueen That Ran Mad In Owerri Yesterday / Vikings Cultist Shot Dead By SARS In Enugu (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Owerri1stSon: 8:33am On Mar 14, 2020
It all started yesterday, 14th or March when I was heading to a burial at around 11am.

My longtime class mate's Mom died, so I really needed to attend that burial since it was over 8 years since I saw him back in Abuja and now I am in IMO State, and since they are coming to IMO State for their Mom's burial, I deemed it necessary to attend that burial.

Besides, we were family friends aside being in same sec. school.

I alighted at fire service in owerri, and decided trekking to the burial which is not far from the road when a SARS officer called me and was like I should give him my phone.

I wanted hesitating but while he was talking, I noticed that he just finished smoking ibo with one of those strong drinks, so I didn't want trouble or what might lead to another, I had to give him the phone.

He started checking my phone;

*He checked all my pictures from a—z but couldn't find anything.

He went to hangout and checked it but it wasn't even activated

He asked me what so many gmails were doing in my phone? That if I know the implications of many gmail in my phone, I will decide to settle with him there.

I was like WTF? Gmails? I use them in case of any online registration but he said I am "A YAHOO BOY."

I told him to to check all gmails and see if there was any yahoo message or any message that would indict me, he refused and asked me to follow him to the station.

The station was very closed by.

There he took me and handed me to some SARS officers there and was like 'This is is one of them"

There, I met other 21 innocent guys too then I knew my case was about to start.

They gave my phone to an officer who checked phones to know if guys are doing "Yahoo or Not" and when he checked my phone, he was like what is google translator doing in my phone? That I am a suspect. Just like that?

I was like sir, check those google translator and if you see any sentence that relate to yahoo, you can arrest me, he said so far I had "Google Translator" in my phone, I am a suspect..

I told them that I was attending a burial before I was called, that even if the want to hold the phone till I come back, they should cause I can't miss this, they told me to shutup.

I tried explaining to an elderly police man, what I got was a slap from him, shouting that I am a suspect, I am foolish, this and that.

I was with other innocent guys there for over 4-5 hours before my phone was pickup to be checked again.

I called them innocent because I was there when their phones where equally checked and upon finding nothing on their phones, they still arrested and wanted putting them in cell. 4 of them had to bail themselves for 24k each.

I wanted attending a burial around 11am and now, this is 4:20pm I was still with them.

My phone was recheck maybe after seeing that I ain't giving them nothing or any sort of money, they gave it back to me and allowed me to go..

I was thinking of suing them most especially the elderly man for slapping me just because I was trying to explain things to him

This stuff just made me hated Nigeria more and more.

The Police Station in Owerri, behind Fire service is a total mess.

The police/sars there are armed robbers and thieves, please, this should be checkmated.

I believe they always give them target and commission for bring guys.

They get paid if any of the guys bails themselves.

They extort illegally!!!

252 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Perfecttouchade: 8:35am On Mar 14, 2020
Not again...now we have to continue raising our voices until they stop all these rubbish. It's total mess to be born and raised in Nigeria. I feel ur pains bro but can you check for Harrison on Instagram, send him a mail regarding this.. I thought these Sars people were stopped from doing all these

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by constant1960: 8:38am On Mar 14, 2020
We are Just Living in this Country for no reason

China on my mind

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by zeestone99(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:
It all started yesterday, 14th or march when I was heading to a burial at around 11am.

My longtime class mate's Mom died, so I really needed to attend that burial since it was over 8 years since I saw him back in Abuja and now I am in IMO State, and since they are coming to IMO State for their Mom's burial, I deemed it necessary to attend that burial.

Besides, we were family friend aside being in same sec. school.

I alighted at fire service in owerri, and decided trekking to the burial which is no far from the road when a SARS officer called me and was like I should give him my phone.

I wanted hesitating but while he was talking, I noticed that he just finished smoking ibo with one of those strong drinks, so I didn't want trouble or what might lead to another, I had to give him the phone.

He asked me what so many gmails were doing in my phone? That if I know the implications of many gmail in my phone, I will decide to settle with him there.

I was like WTF? Gmails? I use them in case of any online registration but he said I am "A YAHOO BOY."

I told him to to check all gmails and see if there was any yahoo message or any message that would indict me, he refused and asked me to follow him to the station.

There he took me and handed me to some SARS officers there and was like 'This is is one of them"

They gave my phone to an officer who checked phones to know if guys are doing "Yahoo or Not" and when he checked my phone, he was like what is google translator doing in my phone? That I am a suspect. Just like that?

I was like sir, check those google translator and if you see any sentence that relate to yahoo, you can arrest me, he said so far I had "Google Translator" in my phone, I am a suspect..

I told them that I was attending a burial before I was called, that even if the want to hold the phone till I come back, they should cause I can't miss this, they told me to shutup.

I tried explaining to an elderly police man, what I got was a slap from him, shouting that I am a suspect, I am foolish, this and that.

I was with other innocent guys there for over 4-5 hours before my phone was pickup to be checked again.

I called them innocent because I was there when their phones where equally checked and upon finding nothing on their phones, they still arrested and wanted putting them in cell. 4 of them had to bail themselves for 24k each.

I wanted attending a burial around 11am and now, this is 4:20pm I was still with them.

My phone was recheck maybe after seeing that I ain't giving them nothing or any sort of money, they gave it back to me and allowed me to go..

I was thinking of suing them most especially the elderly man for slapping me just because I was trying to explain things to him

The police/sars there are armed robbers and thieves, please, this should be checkmated.

They extort illegally!!!

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44, Seun

Take it to Twitter. Tag segalink. They will be dealt with.

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by sunshineV(f): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2020
People call Nigeria a zoo for this reason

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Franzinni: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2020
There you go... A country where all you can do is survive

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by shegzmartinsduke(m): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2020
the police is an organization of legalized criminals.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by SpyAC(m): 9:20am On Mar 14, 2020
U ve not seen anything, the re all criminals, that's y I dnt go far with my phone, always with my Nokia touch for support, them go search tire

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by CrazyPros: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2020
Music to my ears. This revolution won't be televised.

Sorry for your ordeal, but this is just some of the perks of being a Nigerian.

Hope when the time comes to right these wrongs you won't be found missing.

Angels won't do it for us.

Meanwhile, if you need a professional website at very affordable cost, check my signature.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by davillian(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2020
zeestone99:

Take it to Twitter. Tag segalink. They will be dealt with.
So we don't have our own segalink here
Na wa o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by seankafor(m): 10:27am On Mar 14, 2020
Funny I haven't encountered these people and dont pray to do so.

But it seems what everyone all do is yearn and yearn and at the end of the day, nothing is achieved.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by YorubaKinging: 11:59am On Mar 14, 2020
Stale story.
This is how it will be till ......
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by xquire(m): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2020
The major problem with Nigeria youths is that more than 95% percent of Police extortions goes unreported and unpunished, this emboldifies the perpetrators to even do more and get away with it.

You just stated that some other guys were arrested, assaulted and detained for hours with you...how many of them do you think reported and even when u report you have little or no evidence to tender.

Buy security and spy gadgets: glasses and wrist watches...get evidence and send this killer Policemen out of the force.
Dont be sorry...check my signature to find out more.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Iruobean(m): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
I pledge to Nigeria my country.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by oluwasegun007(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Nn
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Maxcollins042(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
SARS- Special Actionable Rogue Squad

Sorry for your ordeal man. It's a pity that your ordeal won't get to the ears of those at the helm of affairs.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by speedyconnect3: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Sorry about your ordeal.
Nigeria is in a shambles.
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by ednut1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Zoogeria

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by free2ryhme: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Owerri1stSon:
It all started yesterday, 14th or March when I was heading to a burial at around 11am.

Besides, we were family friends aside being in same sec. school.

I alighted at fire service in owerri, and decided trekking to the burial which is not far from the road when a SARS officer called me and was like I should give him my phone.

They extort illegally!!!

The Nigeria Police has succeed in recruiting thieves as Police officers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by BrickDevo: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Sorry

Get amazing house plans, building designs and all Architectural drawings from me, A certified Architect, for an affordable fees, contact on my signature.

https://www.nairaland.com/5631959/why-should-work-us-3#87427589

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by DropsMic(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Not again...now we have to continue raising our voices until they stop all these rubbish.

Story..

As long as Nigeria is concerned. Nothing will be done.
Not until they mistakenly kill an elite or his son.

That's our reality.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Olaniyimubarak: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
I jst hate dis country
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by simplemach(m): 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Just remembering that I am from this country and in this country makes me weep every moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by adebayo201: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Yesterday's 13th, today's 14th while tomorrow is 15th.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by TallPck1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
constant1960:
We are Just Living in this Country for no reason

China on my mind

20 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
The problem with One Nigeria lovers is until they go through the evil of One Nigeria, they will never understand how evil and useless this country is. Once they taste it, they will hate Nigeria and Nigerians with passion.

23 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by MarianaTrench: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
This SARS thing is more prevalent in the South eastern part of the country.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by meum: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Na normal story for naiha
Re: How I Was Arrested By SARS In Owerri Yesterday For No Reason by Kobicove(m): 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
These complaints against SARS is becoming too frequent...the government needs to look into it!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Burnt In Okigwe For Stealing Motorcycle / Herbalist Uses Women’s Pants, Bras For Rituals Nabbed (picture) / Thief Jumps Inside Lagos Lagoon After Stealing, Gets Rescued (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.