Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,322 members, 7,829,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United (37581 Views)

Lukaku ‘Will Accept Pay Cut’ To Dump Chelsea For Inter Milan Return / Gattuso Ready To Accept Pay Cut To Fund Osimhen Transfer / Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by johndavid1(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2020
MZrapper:

You need to grow up yourself.
So because Senegalese don't claim Mane then Nigerians shouldn't claim and celebrate theirs??
You Nigerians are your own very problems.
You will prefer they sing praises of a Portuguese to theirs. Nonsense.
Are you sure the dude is even a Nigerian?
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by fyneguy: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2020
grandstar:

I think bitcoin may fall further. I suspect Corina epidemic is affecting the market and the epidemic is still at its early stage.

However, within a year, I believe a comfort level would have been reached with the epidemic Within 2 years, the price will hit $8000 or more

Early stage ke? Are you insinuating that the pandemic will linger for months?
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by DenreleDave(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2020
LannisterIMP:

Dear Corper, speaking from experience with btc.

I will say you put your $$ where your mouth is.

Bitcoin is volatile and unstable even now because of the Virus and China being disabled and not trading.

(It will recover but you can’t give it ultimatum or personal time frame to rise)

By and large trade with the funds you can afford to lose so that you don’t bite your fingers off when $&it hits the fan.

Be wise sir!

Wisdom sir
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by DabuIIIT: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2020
What a lucky guy...on loan, from CHINA...
Ahhhh, don't go back there again o!!!

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Dreyton36: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Edo boys for life , been making Nigeria proud since ninety ninety gbrogodo

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Chatflick(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Chai.. U sure that thing will come to 4k dollar

Watch and see. Quote me when it does
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by grandstar(m): 7:33am On Mar 16, 2020
fyneguy:

Yes.

There’s lots of panic everywhere. Slovakia has shutdown and closed its borders. My sister in law who’s Slovak has to postpone her trip there.

Italy too is in lockdown mode. Many more countries in Europe may introduce severe measures to contain the epidemic.

I’m a Jehovah’s Witness and our meetings didn’t hold at the Kingdom Hall yesterday. We now meet in smaller groups because of the virus. This is the first time ever I’ve experienced this.

I’m not in the country presently but may return earlier than expected lest the country we are in shutdown their borders and I become trapped.

Things will get worse before they get better.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by nazicartel(m): 7:34am On Mar 16, 2020
LannisterIMP:

Dear Corper, speaking from experience with btc.

I will say you put your $$ where your mouth is.

Bitcoin is volatile and unstable even now because of the Virus and China being disabled and not trading.

(It will recover but you can’t give it ultimatum or personal time frame to rise)

By and large trade with the funds you can afford to lose so that you don’t bite your fingers off when $&it hits the fan.

Be wise sir!
which other trade do you think he can do?
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 7:39am On Mar 16, 2020
Samakus:
Money is not Ighalo's problem anymore. Footballing satisfaction is

That's a person who understands focus... Wish Iheanacho had learnt this early on.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Nairalandmonika: 7:39am On Mar 16, 2020
ReverseFlash:

The only person who needs a mentality change is you! Because you haven't seen Tanzanians blabbing about Samatta? Or Egyptians hyping Trezeguet and Salah all over the internet.

"Good player from Africa" my foot! He's a Nigerian, period!

They do, u are around the Nigeria cycle that's why u see Nigerians talking about ighalo, if u go to Senegal u will see how much they talk about him, same thing with Salah of Egypt.
Infact it's even worst in Senegal, u will here people saying how they help mane b4 he became popular. It's a normal thing, not only Nigerians do that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2020
motionarena:
Silly decision.

Man utd will later dump him like a piece of rag

So he should go back to the coronavirus hotbed, abi you didn't consider that angle?

Even though the virus is also in the UK, but the difference is glaring.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Nairalandmonika: 7:43am On Mar 16, 2020
fyneguy:

This pandemic will last up to 6 months if not more than, the last time sarz hit China it lasted for close to 6 months with 8000 people infected, now imagine covid that has infected more than 100000 thousand people.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 7:45am On Mar 16, 2020
motionarena:
Silly decision.

Not if he is putting in the work and bringing in the goals...

Every club dumps a player that contributes nothing meaningful to its success. No need singling Man United out.

My concern for him is how he hopes to get regular first team starts with Martial and Rashford in fine form, especially Martial, as Rashford can always pair up easily with him... (Rashford and Ighalo combination, with Fernandes and McTominay in midfield, would be super lethal)!

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by LannisterIMP: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2020
nazicartel:
which other trade do you think he can do?

I don’t know.

Why I don’t is because I don’t know his risk appetite/quotient.

Lots of trades for investment to put money in.

But wisdom has to dictate!

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 16, 2020
ogbiwa:
He seems to know what he wants and is willing to go after it not minding the costs. I admire that

Indeed...when clubs like Man U come calling...any player has to answer.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by mayormick(m): 8:00am On Mar 16, 2020
MZrapper:
Can someone explain to me how players are loaned out in football??
A player is loaned out by the club side he plays for to another club either to further his development through more playing time or to be able to sell him on a permanent basis if he impresses at the club he is loaned to. The wages is base on agreement between the two clubs, the parent club may decide to fund his full salary or might be share between the two clubs. The loan is within a specific period either six month or a full season which is usually like a full year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by StreetFight: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for manchester united.
on reading it, i peed on mah pants.
laugh be wan kill me.
ighalo... ighalo... i just thank God you 've got a pure Nigerian name.

Success has so many children ooo. But Failure is a Childless Orphan.

2 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 8:08am On Mar 16, 2020
EmekaBlue:
ok o....but see men wey no go sch dey chop money anyhow

even his 98% cut still heavy pass person salary

school na scam

Then why not go play football, and leave others to pursue the "academic scam"!!!

Do you know the ratio of good footballers in the world today to those actually earning big in the same game??!... You actually think every great footballer is doing well financially??! grin

Only less than 20% of exceptionally talented footballers are living large and famous... Same with almost every other sport. There will always be room for a really tiny or minute few!!!... Should will also call football and sports scam??!

Everyone keeps shouting Dangote and Adenuga as though they are the smartest or most business savvy... Nope, they ain't!!! They are just privileged!!!... There are more hardworking, business savvy individuals who will never be billionaires. Know why??! There will always be room for a tiny few!!!... Does that mean business and entrepreneurship is scam??!

Bottom line bro, life is never that simple, or just simple (depends on you)... The true gain in life is passion and focus. Everything is not a competition... Focus on what drives you, and pursue it. Contrary to the lies most nitwits and pretenders claim on this forum, money is not everything... It is merely a short means to certain ends.

5 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by SoliBayNG: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2020
MZrapper:
Can someone explain to me how players are loaned out in football??

I've got items(players) sitting idle (not featuring much)... And they are wasting away (on the bench)... You get in touch with me informing me about how much you like those items.. I say "great... But you are gonna be maintaining it, and covering all costs." "Awesome," you reply.
We shake hands and the deal is closed.

Another scenario, you have a look at the goods, and say, "hey, they aren't in so great à condition, or it isn't something I can't do without. I'll tell you what" you say, "I'll handle 50% of the maintenance cost and you handle 50."

(In some cases, you checkout the goods and they maybe be very shitty... And you may offer to handle just 30% of maintenance cost).

I think about it.... Indeed, I know that even 50% is an awesome deal.. So we shake hands on it.

Then there is the great one.

You like my goods, I love them too, and I'm not looking to sell or lease out.
You know it's gonna be hard to get me to let it go, even for a wee bit.... So what do you do?
You offer me some money to rent my items, and still offer to cover total maintenance costs.
Then, I'm thinking ans I'm like "I've got two other substitutes, I could really do without that item for a bit, yeah?"

We deliberate on figures, and in a wee bit, we are shaking hands.

Of course, the godfather (FiFA) will still need to give his blessings (approved loan) for our deal to be closed.

There are lots of ways they can pan out, especially figures.... But that's just about how it works. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by jaxxy(m): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2020
Absolutely great play from ighalo. Keep shining
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 8:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

It might cost him alot.. man u is good ruining a very good player these days,, I don't trust them anymore. From my point of view I think he is making a big mistake by taking a pay cut. Just watch when he makes one mistake and see how they start benching him. Hes not even earned his position at the starting eleven. What will be his fate when rashford is fit. I really think his allowing is emotions cloud his judgement.

So, he should remain in obscure China??!...

Life is about taking calculated risks... He has already had 2 top starts in a short while, and if not for Corona virus issues, would have had his first top start in the league against Spurs last weekend...

Yes, he will probably not get constant first team starts, but you can't compare what he will gain in terms of future endorsements while in United compared to China...

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Iceyjay:
Nigerians mouth will not kill them, always claiming everything, we are one Africa jare!

Come back and make that comment if or when a Nigerian is caught in an international criminal act...

I remember how you all rallied round Invictus Obi and Mutallab back then... How you stood behind them claiming that we are all "One Africa"!!!

Abeg, let's hear word!!! undecided
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 8:23am On Mar 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
I hope that’s a temporary and strategic move on his part.
Make the most money that you are worth while you can.
You take a pay cut for a team that will win you big trophies (UCL or EPL) and right now Man U is delivering neither.

Man United will give him more fame and exposure... One excellent season, and every top club will queue up for his signature.

All the trophies he won in China, what value are they to him or any serious football fan compared to entering the goal and record books of United??!

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by SmartyPants(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2020
motionarena:
Silly decision.

No one plays football forever. And Man Utd does not dump players.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by kiddkash(m): 8:37am On Mar 16, 2020
Samakus:
Money is not Ighalo's problem anymore. Footballing satisfaction is
exactly. man utd need players like that and also hustlers who want to play so bad so that they can get paid
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by SmartyPants(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, he should remain in obscure China??!...

Life is about taking calculated risks... He has already had 2 top starts in a short while, and if not for Corona virus issues, would have had his first top start in the league against Spurs last weekend...

Yes, he will probably not get constant first team starts, but you can't compare what he will gain in terms of future endorsements while in United compared to China...

With the current status quo, I can see top Nigerian companies lining up to have him as a brand ambassador.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by OlawaleBammie: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2020
ogbiwa:
He seems to know what he wants and is willing to go after it not minding the costs. I admire that

If he's stil 22 or 23 i would support him, but at 30 goin to 31?? naaah.

we all know dat on football, wen u re 30 u re heading to ur retirement quarter and u need money to run ur tins after retirement.

how many years will he spend in united dat he's willing to reduce his pay?
Dumb decision to me
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Angelfrost(m): 8:40am On Mar 16, 2020
SmartyPants:

With the current status quo, I can see top Nigerian companies lining up to have him as a brand ambassador.

You see??!... He will get so much acclaim, recognition, and endorsements, the pay cut will look like a huge increase.
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Xkale1234(m): 8:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for manchester united.
on reading it, i peed on mah pants.
laugh be wan kill me.
ighalo... ighalo... i just thank God you 've got a pure Nigerian name.
Lol the blogger no ready to blow o

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by berrystunn(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2020
motionarena:
Silly decision.

At what age?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Al-Nassr Fans Chant Cristiano Ronaldo’s Name During Match (Video) / Vincent Enyeama, His Wife And Children Enjoy Date Night In Paris (Photos) / Life Of Diego Maradona: 1960 - 2020, As Fans Mourn Across The World (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.