Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,664 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? (5446 Views)

Peter Obi Apologises To Kemi Adetiba After Been Harassed At Lagos Airport / Toke Makinwa, Toolz, Kemi Adetiba And More React To Cee-c Verbally Abusing Tobi / Kemi Adetiba Rocks Agbada For Banky W And Adesua Etomi's Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by mamazita1(f): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2020
The 2020 AMVCA Awards have come and gone and some people are still reeling in shock that Kemi Adetiba's 'King Of Boys' did not win a single award despite being nominated in several categories. It almost seemed like a massive snub. Was it that people did not vote enough? If anybody knows anything about awards they will know that they are highly political... Could that have come to play in this case? For the list of AMVCA winners check here.
https://nollywoodaccessmagazine.com/amvca-2020-list-of-winners/

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by jagaban002(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2020
Better luck next time . This is Nigerian and there’s polities everywhere even in church and mosque where we worship there’s polities not to talk of award . All Nigerian knows this
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Smarttravels(f): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2020
Yes. She doesn't belong to their clique, so they robbed her.
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Lawgod247: 8:22am On Mar 16, 2020
ok
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by olasaad(f): 9:11am On Mar 16, 2020
What of Gold Statue I prefer it to king of boys

1 Like

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by happybee: 10:37am On Mar 16, 2020
olasaad:
What of Gold Statue I prefer it to king of boys
Me too. Gold statue had a very good storyline, just that they rushed the movie.
It would have made sense pass.

3 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by oz4real83(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
The same way Genevieve's Lion heart was nominated as Nigeria's representative in the last Oscars award shocked. Many of us knew before the award presentation, that the film was overhyped and absolute rubbish. There were far better films. The storyline was rubbish, the presentation was rubbish also. I keep asking how the film "lion heart" even make the cut . It is the usual "Nigerian thing" were our worst always represent and lead us, just as in politics. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Aidejay(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2020
There was nothing special in king of boys
Except the dreadful typecasting and melodramatics. Shout plenty, they just weren't going for perfect that's why they were satisfied with just okay. It is not ground breaking, the excitement you get in the beginning quickly becomes boredom and cheap rubbish. The end was tiring the entire approach didn't sum up to the hype. They could have done better in this age and time shola shobowale screams don't make it a movie neither does the shoddy storyline and sequences. Its was generally disappointing not unique not special more risks should have been taken more time should have gone into the making. Somehow Nigerians are on slow progression to cinematic wonder and its vhexing.

2 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Skinnienigga(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
oz4real83:
The same way Genevieve's Lion heart was nominated as Nigeria's representative in the last Oscars award shocked. Many of us knew before the award presentation, that the film was overhyped and absolute rubbish. There were far better films. The storyline was rubbish, the presentation was rubbish also. I keep asking how the film "lion heart" even make the cut . It is the usual "Nigerian thing" were our worst always represent and lead us, just as in politics. embarassed

But Lion Heart wasn't any country's representative in anywhere. It didn't make the cut for the category it was submitted because it didn't meet the criteria. Are you still in 2019?

3 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by safarigirl(f): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2020
I think most Nigerians overhyped this movie

Genuinely, the only thing that stood out for me in the movie was Toni Tones' acting. Even The Sola Sobowale some people were hyping, did nothing exceptional. She did not act outside of her usual melodramatic self, I genuinely think Nollywood typecasts her to aome extent, but that's what they do to a lot of actors these days. I thought The Set-Up and 4th Republic were even more intriguing.

And a lot of people seem to not understand that a lot of the categories were all based on votes. All the categories for Best actor/actress and best director, were all based on viewer's votes. Clearly, fans of King of Boys were too busy laughing at Lion Heart's non-inclusion (even though it wasn't eligible), to vote for KoB. I voted for Toni Tones and was bummed some Ghanaian lady won it, and I won't even go to how Toyin Abraham and Timini won Best Actor/Actress respectively for the same movie.

The movie was not cheated. It was good, but others were better.

Most of you have not seen the movies that beat KoB in the non-voting categories. That is my issue with this talk about "The movie was robbed". Have you seen the other movies? KoB is everywhere for you to watch, so, most people have seen it, but how many people have seen Living In Bondage, or Ratnik for instance? Can you make an informed opinion, when you have not seen the other movies? Or are you being led by emotion?

1 Like

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by oz4real83(m): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
Skinnienigga:

But Lion Heart wasn't any country's representative in anywhere. It didn't make the cut for the category it was submitted because it didn't meet the criteria. Are you still in 2019?
I mentioned "last oscars" and not Amvca awards. Get that clear.
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Skinnienigga(m): 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
oz4real83:
I mentioned "last oscars" and not Amvca awards. Get that clear.

Oga, update yourself and stop talking in the nonsense.

Lion Heart wasn't representative anywhere. First of all, the Oscars do not have "country representatives". Secondly, Lion Heart was submitted to be considered for nomination under a category. Unfortunately, the movie did not meet the requirements for that category and the submission was not considered.

Try use Google sometimes yh.

2 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by oz4real83(m): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
Skinnienigga:

Oga, update yourself and stop talking in the nonsense.

Lion Heart wasn't representative anywhere. First of all, the Oscars do not have "country representatives". Secondly, Lion Heart was submitted to be considered for nomination under a category. Unfortunately, the movie did not meet the requirements for that category and the submission was not considered.

Try use Google sometimes yh.
u began ur opinion by insulting yourself even when u knew nothing about what u are saying.[url][/url]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-50300862&ved=2ahUKEwj09IOjp5_oAhXKyIUKHSPOAUsQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3J6Ydb9Hec2dgEGPcTNopP&ampcf=1
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Skinnienigga(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
oz4real83:
u began ur opinion by insulting yourself even when u knew nothing about what u are saying.[url][/url]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-50300862&ved=2ahUKEwj09IOjp5_oAhXKyIUKHSPOAUsQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3J6Ydb9Hec2dgEGPcTNopP&ampcf=1

So how exactly does this article contradict anything I said abeg?

Go read your initial comment where you insinuated that the film didn't 'win the award' because it was - in your words - "rubbish", then read my replies and round it up by re-reading the article you dropped - which BTW corroborates my claim.

I know your type.
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by kissGuys: 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2020
No one robbed KOB

I dont understand the storyline at all... An agbero leader who works for politicians looses her children for cheap rivalry, she gets investigated and later got away freely because the investigator lost his wife.. Really
And she is back, albeit overseas still overseeing the same Agbero group?

Pls... Movie is shit!!
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Ryocaj(m): 12:45am On Mar 17, 2020
kissGuys:
No one robbed KOB

I dont understand the storyline at all... An agbero leader who works for politicians looses her children for cheap rivalry, she gets investigated and later got away freely because the investigator lost his wife.. Really
And she is back, albeit overseas still overseeing the same Agbero group?

Pls... Movie is shit!!
D investigator realised d system is corrupt n d govt is worse than she is.. the law was harsh on her n he decided 2 let her go.. losing her children was enough punishment n she learned her lesson a hard way which changed her..

2 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by kissGuys: 6:15am On Mar 17, 2020
Ryocaj:

D investigator realised d system is corrupt n d govt is worse than she is.. the law was harsh on her n he decided 2 let her go.. losing her children was enough punishment n she learned her lesson a hard way which changed her..
how exactly did she change??... She still kkilled her adversary... Still controls the same group from overseas... Still runs a bar with the same vicious mindset.... Oga... Nothing changed in her...

Yes, the govt is worse than she is... It still doesnt make her a saint... She killed, maimed and did so many dirty shits for the same govt...

Her bad ways and lack of good parental upbringing cost her, her children... So what else??

Oga.. The storyline is poor... Case closed!!
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Ryocaj(m): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
kissGuys:
how exactly did she change??... She still kkilled her adversary... Still controls the same group from overseas... Still runs a bar with the same vicious mindset.... Oga... Nothing changed in her...

Yes, the govt is worse than she is... It still doesnt make her a saint... She killed, maimed and did so many dirty shits for the same govt...

Her bad ways and lack of good parental upbringing cost her, her children... So what else??

Oga.. The storyline is poor... Case closed!!
Her modus operandi changed..d issue at her canteen abroad for instance.. it's abt Wat is happening today.. D corrupt control everything.. she is going 2 use her team 2 hunt down those govt officials in part two..
u r d only one saying KOB is wack.. we r expecting ur own blockbuster movie o.. .Mr best producer/director

3 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Ginaz(f): 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
I didn’t understand one scene to the next . It felt as the tape rolls, different scripts with no relationship to each other was added to make the movie .

Shoabo or whatever her name is shouted from the beginning to the end . Any little thing shout , shout shout and scream. I found her acting overbearing and she doesn’t necessarily have to shout her way through movies all the time (she no Dey tire?)

The movie ain’t worth an award if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
shocked
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by kissGuys: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ryocaj:

Her modus operandi changed..d issue at her canteen abroad for instance.. it's abt Wat is happening today.. D corrupt control everything.. she is going 2 use her team 2 hunt down those govt officials in part two..
u r d only one saying KOB is wack.. we r expecting ur own blockbuster movie o.. .Mr best producer/director
really??... An idiotic mofo assaults her staff in her canteen and she couldnt call the cops.. Instead she resolves to spiking his drink??... Change indeed..

Oga.. Biko are you the one that wrote the KOB 1?? Hw will u now tell me she is going to hunt down govt officials in the second part??... Tendencies are that she will continue being a cooperate Agbero.. So no excuses

Movie lacks creative storyline.. Full stop!
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
Lionheart wasn’t even nominated for nothing & won nothing. The dryest & most overhyped of all.

King of boys won 4 awards at last years AMAA and was the highest grossing box office movie.

The producers are not loosing any sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Ryocaj(m): 3:32am On Mar 18, 2020
kissGuys:
really??... An idiotic mofo assaults her staff in her canteen and she couldnt call the cops.. Instead she resolves to spiking his drink??... Change indeed..

Oga.. Biko are you the one that wrote the KOB 1?? Hw will u now tell me she is going to hunt down govt officials in the second part??... Tendencies are that she will continue being a cooperate Agbero.. So no excuses

Movie lacks creative storyline.. Full stop!
Pls go n watch d movie again.. it's like u nid 2 watch movies over n over again 2 get under knowledge of it.. She was betrayed..
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by kissGuys: 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ryocaj:

Pls go n watch d movie again.. it's like u nid 2 watch movies over n over again 2 get under knowledge of it.. She was betrayed..
enough with the excuses.. Movie lacks a good story line...

Thats it!!

Betrayed?? Like she is a saint??

Abi how is your supposed change in her character at play here??
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Ryocaj(m): 1:41am On Mar 19, 2020
kissGuys:
enough with the excuses.. Movie lacks a good story line...

Thats it!!

Betrayed?? Like she is a saint??

Abi how is your supposed change in her character at play here??

Go n watch d movie again.. its very clear u don't av an understanding of d movie..

2 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Hazlett1988: 3:10am On Mar 19, 2020
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by kissGuys: 6:08am On Mar 19, 2020
Ryocaj:

Go n watch d movie again.. its very clear u don't av an understanding of d movie..
you're right ... I think i have a more "understanding" of you.

You're dillusional
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by slyfox35(m): 8:25am On Mar 19, 2020
oz4real83:

Even if this post does not make front page,take this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by slyfox35(m): 8:28am On Mar 19, 2020
Skinnienigga:

But it was the only Nigerian film that got submitted from Nigeria before it was disqualified.
Are you still in 2020?
Name another movie that got submitted from Nigeria and prove me wrong
Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2020
oz4real83:
lionheart wasn't nominated to be Nigeria's representative by anyone.

They only submitted their movie to be considered for the 'best international movie' category. And the Oscars turned it down that it can't be considered because they spoke English. Any other movie producer could also send theirs.

For Oscars, Grammy & Emmy awards it's producers that send their movies/music/tvshows for consideration. It's from these options that the directors & voting members choose those to be nominated.

Last year Grammy, burna & yemi alade sent their albums for consideration in the 'best international' category. Any other artiste could have also done the same thing.
2 years ago seun kuti & yemi alade also sent their albums for consideration & seun kutis album was nominated.

2 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2020
slyfox35:

But it was the only Nigerian film that got submitted from Nigeria before it was disqualified.
Are you still in 2020?
Name another movie that got submitted from Nigeria and prove me wrong
Dt guy is correct. What he is telling you is dt any other movie could have also gotten submitted by their movie producers. There could have been other movies submitted from nigeria.

It's not something where someone sits & chooses one film to represent a country.

3 Likes

Re: Was Kemi Adetiba's 'king Of Boys' Robbed At The 2020 AMVCA Awards? by Skinnienigga(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2020
Stevecovey:

Dt guy is correct. What he is telling you is dt any other movie could have also gotten submitted by their movie producers. There could have been other movies submitted from nigeria.

It's not something where someone sits & chooses one film to represent a country.

Leave the dullard. Several people have mentioned the fact on this thread yet he doesn't want to learn.

I no get power to reply am. Let him continue saying what he likes, it's his cup of iced tea.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brad And Angie, Brad And Jen,pictures If Need Be, Come On. . . . . . . . . / Photos: Meet Sound Sultan's Family / Regina Daniels Meets With Model Joshua Agai, Strike Doggy Style Pose (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.