Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

How To Make Cheap Hand Sanitizer Against Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Make Cheap Hand Sanitizer Against Coronavirus (279 Views)

People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria / Coronavirus: Pharmacy Accused Of Selling A Bottle Of Hand Sanitizer For N19,950 / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Cheap Hand Sanitizer Against Coronavirus by gimmehear(f): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
How to make cheap hand sanitizer against coronavirus

I have read articles on how people from various country are complaining about how they don’t have access to hand sanitizer because it is expensive, or because supermarket are being closed down.

Hand sanitizer
Then I thought of it this way, do people actually know they can make sanitizer at home -you can have your home made sanitizer at a lower price or almost at no cost at all.

The vinegar solution.

Vinegar is very acidic; most virus and bacterial can not survive acidic environment and this justify the reason it was stated that you should drink water immediately you feel you throat is dried and you suspect you might have contacted ; this is because the stomach is acidic and most bacterial and virus except pylori bacterial can’t survive in the stomach.

Get a bottle of Vinegar which mostly go for N100 in most supermarket, get some hand sanitizer bottle, plus you can add liquid soap in order to turn it into antiseptic hand wash.

This is very cheap and I’m sure you can get it. In fact, you can decide to use only vinegar as your sanitizer, just ensure the Vinegar is made from consumable source to avoid any gastrointestinal issues should in case you lick your mouth.

The Lemon solution /lime solution.

If you are someone like me who love the fresh fragrance of citrus family; you might then want to go for the lemon solution, but then if you have problem with your hand becoming sticky you might just go for lime.

Get some lime/lemon ,cut and squeeze into a sanitizer bottle, apply little on your hand and rub at every you find it suitable; plus you can add little detergent or liquid soap to make it antiseptic hand wash.

People with highly sensitive skin can add a cap of essential oil to the lime /lemon hand sanitizer.

And there too go.

Also, I know some people ain’t in area they can get all of the above mentioned solution but you have access to ethanol, Ethanol will do the same thing Vinegar will do, though you need to be very; avoid inhaling anything you use.

Though below is another way to make hand sanitizer, this can be done industrially.
Below is the World Health Organization’s standard recipe so you can do it if you can’t buy or find
———————-
1. Get a 1.5L empty clean water bottle
2. Get 31.2mls of Hydrogen Peroxide and pour it into the bottle.
3. Add 22mls of the Glycerin in Rose Water into it.
4. Add 1.25L of the Methylated Spirit into it.
5. Finally, make the volume to the 1.5L mark of the bottle (i.e 203ml of the water)
5. Shake very well and label it as Hand Sanitizer and then you can dispense.
Now, you have your Hand-rub or Sanitizer to use.
Thanks and I hope it helps.
-Ever Present Help Ministries, Chicago, IL. USA.

https://www.gbetutv.com/how-to-make-cheap-hand-sanitizer-against-coronavirus/

Lalasticlala

Temi Badmus

(1) (Reply)

CoronaVirus In Enugu: Nigeria Musician Wear His Girlfriend Pant / Rivers State Take Preventive Measures Against Covid 19 / Can Mosquitoes Transmit The Coronavirus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.