Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! (8546 Views)

WAEC Nov/Dec 2012 Result Released / Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out / Waec Nov/dec Exam Online Registration [get Some Update Here] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by namdo(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2010
congrats to all who passed with 5 credits including english and maths. The result is frieghtening. where are we heading? Our educational system is clearly faulty seeing this kind of result.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by lagbaja20: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2010
Idk, It think there has been improvements over the last decade

When I took WAEC ten years ago, out of 385 students from my secondary school registered, only 12 people got C6 and above in English language.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nektar(f): 11:03am On Dec 27, 2010
lagbaja20:

Of course, you are not!
WAEC must have been an insurmountable mountain for you

a scammer is always a scammer and people should be aware of this your disguised antics of trying to help, that our system of education is declining is because people like you that encourage our young youths to indulge in malpractices.joblessness is a big problem and i pray u get something legal doing to save yourself.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by lagbaja20: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2010
^

What?
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by seedord247(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2010
SeanT21:

Shocking.

My brother took Waec back in Liberia. Hope he did good!!

All bcus of waec your brother go to Liberia what if is Jamb He will go to london or USA.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by otokx(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2010
Most of the children do not read so how will they pass; parents are so busy chasing money they do not know how academically dull their children are.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Danni2: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2010
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "SPECAL CENTRES?" CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME PLEASE?
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Mobinga: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2010
Danni2:

Its a centre where students are allowed to cheat and are aided.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
Danni2:

OK, U'RE NOT IN NIGERIA.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by GeorgeD1(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2010
how will they pass? every student now is a mobile dj no thanks to cheap china phones and pirated mp3 music!

when they're supposed to be reading they are listening to 1000 songs playing for 24hrs non-stop! sad
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WackyJ1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
Yes why don't we just put all the blame on the students. The educational system and infrastructure are fine. It's all the students fault
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by thetelz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2010
Nah you guys shouldn't put the blame specifically on anyone.we know the government is to blame but we candidates could do better.i don't have to go to school to pass waec,just give me textbook and past questions.as simple as that.
I can tell you that i'm always online on facebook and it doesn't affect my studying,i can fill up my phone with thousands of songs but still doesn't affect me because that same phone and computer i use for enjoyment also benefits me.i have different e-books and maths applications to help my thinking. As i am going to university next year,i already have series of e-books on mathematics,electrical engineering and a very heavy gamer.haha. I just think it depends on our determination of the student,i can be jamming up and jacking for exam at the same time. Almost impossible right? I would have been in university right now if not for my waec chemistry this year,i had a d7 and that was cos i wasn't feeling so well. Like i said,it is just a student's determination to pass
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by hackney(m): 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2010
And here i was, hoping that the next generation will be better than the last.
LMAO.
Dumbheads. grin grin grin grin
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WackyJ1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2010
the_telz:

Nah you guys shouldn't put the blame specifically on anyone.we know the government is to blame but we candidates could do better.i don't have to go to school to pass waec,just give me textbook and past questions.as simple as that.
I can tell you that i'm always online on facebook and it doesn't affect my studying,i can fill up my phone with thousands of songs but still doesn't affect me because that same phone and computer i use for enjoyment also benefits me.i have different e-books and maths applications to help my thinking. As i am going to university next year,i already have series of e-books on mathematics,electrical engineering and a very heavy gamer.haha. I just think it depends on our determination of the student,i can be jamming up and jacking for exam at the same time. Almost impossible right? I would have been in university right now if not for my waec chemistry this year,i had a d7 and that was cos i wasn't feeling so well. Like i said,it is just a student's determination to pass
Where do you get those educational ebooks from. I want to be able to play on my phone all day and still benefit intellectually. I need all the sites please
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Yeneks(f): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2010
Errrmmm wow!! I'm an 18 yr old medical student in brazil nd i wanted 2 go bak 2 naija 2 write WAEC, just 2 have d results from my own country cuz i took d American SAT's nd Brazilian exams 2 get into da uni, Now, is it harder or we are just getting dumber? I'm shocked!
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Yeneks(f): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2010
the_telz:

I can tell you that i'm always online on facebook and it doesn't affect my studying,i can fill up my phone with thousands of songs but still doesn't affect me because that same phone and computer i use for enjoyment also benefits me.i have different e-books and maths applications to help my thinking. As i am going to university next year,i already have series of e-books on mathematics,electrical engineering and a very heavy gamer.haha. I just think it depends on our determination of the student,i can be jamming up and jacking for exam at the same time. Almost impossible right?  I would have been in university right now if not for my waec chemistry this year,i had a d7 and that was cos i wasn't feeling so well. Like i said,it is just a student's determination to pass
That's so true!! My sentiments exactly!
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by thetelz(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
Go to katz.cd or www.esnips.com . Or www.torrentz.eu or www.thepiratebay.org. If you enjoy maths like me, www.analyzemath.com is good. I even used to do tough assignments online but cannot remember the actual site.will post it when i remember
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by thetelz(m): 12:19am On Dec 28, 2010
its www.homeworkeasy.com. don't get addicted to it o,only use it in times of serious neeed cool
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2010
peeps blaming the system should go ahead. every student always has an excuse for flunking his exams. this has been the same since the beginning of time.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by member479760: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2010
if 50% or more passed then waec become valueless. we have to keep and protect the value in anyway.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by deadie(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
Don't sweat about the mass failure. The result is skewed because of the contribution of the NORTHERN part of the country. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin They do quite well at blowing things up/
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by sheedy407(m): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
D govt's r nt 2 b blaimd,nowadays,witout expo which student rely on 2 pass,d dnt read.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAEC0FFICE: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2010
:-x
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by NAJALYN: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2010
For some time now, the performance of Students in the WAEC Exams have been very poor. It has deteriorated from year to year. The earlier something is done about it the better. Parents need to create time for their children. If they can not assist their children with their school work, they should engage teachers to give them extra lessons at home. Also they must create time to look through their school, & lesson work, to ensure they are doing well. Ensure they give less time to watching of films, playing PS3, going on internet, playing music with earpiece attached to their ears, etc. Our Schools should also update their teaching methods. They should have compulsory extra lessons after school. They should discourage cheating during exams. Invite parents whose children are not performing well at school, & see how the school & the parents can unite efforts to help these children improve. On the long run, these children will do well, complete their education, gain employment, & raise their own family. They will not remain with their parents forever. So the earlier parents address the issue of mass failure in exams, the better for their children, also the better for Society. We dont need more armed robbers in the Society.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nsiman(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2010
Since the gsm became affordable to everyone, a decline in students/candidates' performance surfaced. Imagine some students/candidates writing as if they are typing a text message for their love ones! e.g, i av f8t in u, i one/won 2 int8t u, etc. I expect more failure from candidates should gsm ussage in post primary school is not strictly forbidden.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by thetelz(m): 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2010
@nsiman,thats totally absurd. Have never seen it before o.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 29, 2010
hercules07:

We should blame the students first and foremost, it is their future and they are meant to safeguard it against all odds, the internet they use for yahoo and facebook can be used for serious educational work. We should also apportion some blames to parents who are failing in their responsibilities, if you instill hard work and a reading culture in your wards, they will never depart from it. The government should take a large blame as well, what we see in our education sector is what we have witnessed in all other sectors of our economy, a government that is incapable of doing anything constructive, they would rather privatise or throw money at the problem when all it needs is just some common sense, I am going to ask the apostles of privatization, do we now privatize our public schools? We need to vote in governments who will give us sound education, the three things we need in nigeria are education, security and infrastructure, if we can get these three, the country will move forward.

Yes, the federal government should get out of the business of running schools. They should fund schools and NOT run schools. We have seen that anything the federal govt runs in Naija literally rots in their leprous and incompetent hands. I beg to be given a contrary example. That the federal government has nothing better to do with its time than to be running secondary schools? why do we have the LG and private citizens?

The Govt that tries to be everything to everybody and is very inept at it. Our teachers are poorly trained because it is the government that trains them. Our examinations are a sick joke because it is the government that conducts the exams. Our graduates are crap because it is the government that educates them. Government Government Government!!!!! angry Are we a communist country where the govt has to run and control everything?

Little wonder we are not developing angry Just get the inept hands of the govt out of our lives save for law and order.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Mobinga: 1:44am On Dec 29, 2010
Nsiman:

Since the gsm became affordable to everyone, a decline in students/candidates' performance surfaced. Imagine some students/candidates writing as if they are typing a text message for their love ones! e.g, i av f8t in u, i one/won 2 int8t u, etc. I expect more failure from candidates should gsm ussage in post primary school is not strictly forbidden.
grin grin grin
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nsiman(m): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2010
@ the-telz, people do write like that in application letters, so its not absurd
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by kufreakpan: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2010
too bad. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by mufuteeeee(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2010
@the_telz, Can I get to know u more??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

College Of Education, Ikere Ekiti(degree Program) / Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics / WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.