Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor (16314 Views)

Nollywood Star In A Soft indecency Movie Called Dirty Secret / Nollywood Star Dead! (uzochukwu Ndubuisi) / Nollywood Star Nkem Owoh ( Osuofia )'resurrects' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by miqos02(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2010
bisiaet:

Does HIV written on peoples face so how does anybody just came up with this kind of news? At least if even he is sick at the moment does every sickness mean HIV? What is the criteria does the person who broke news use or see or what geniue info does he or she has to back this up? I noticed any public person in Nigeria that mistakenly fell sick or just has fever or women go around him too much the next thing is to raise alarm of HIV. I'm not defending him but I presume a better and correct information is needed before labeling such terminal disease to anybody.
oh boy u dey speak too much oyinbo. i just dey laugh
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by adamse(f): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
haba!nairalanders!u guys cant even pretend not to have seen d errors.lool
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by timpaker(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2010
black.rules:

LMAO, laugh no go kill me 4 dis forum.
I DEY LAUGH!!! (but at least i manage to deduce his point. mehn it wasn't easy o).
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by ladej(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2010
denzel2009:

I read somewhere on NL that Jim Iyke has Amerigbo accent,is this true?
e no matter bros. d main thing na to make ur own pepper. hes making his.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by manny4life(m): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2010
bisiaet:

Does HIV written on peoples face so how does anybody just came up with this kind of news? At least if even he is sick at the moment does every sickness mean HIV? What is the criteria does the person who broke news use or see or what geniue info does he or she has to back this up? I noticed any public person in Nigeria that mistakenly fell sick or just has fever or women go around him too much the next thing is to raise alarm of HIV. I'm not defending him but I presume a better and correct information is needed before labeling such terminal disease to anybody.

ok all u accusers, what is wrong with his English? I definitely stand by this statement, though if corrected, only a few sentences needs to be changed. I mean most on here scrutinizing his English , better yet his statement can at least tell us how many people they have seen HIV+ (Positive) written on their faces? The poster makes very sound argument; he could or not be sick with HIV, none of you know. I think one should be cautious when labeling diseases to people.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by murtalaa(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
Nosyke:

nna mehn,bekee bu agbara,this guy is a grammatical terrorist,CIA and Interpol take note
ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Guy next time use your local dialect,we woul understand,afterall English is a borrowed language.

typical case of the pot calling the kettle black.  shocked grin
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by toskyy: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2010
--------
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by violent(m): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
manny4life:

ok all u accusers, what is wrong with his English? I definitely stand by this statement, though if corrected, only a few sentences needs to be changed. I mean most on here scrutinizing his English , better yet his statement can at least tell us how many people they have seen HIV+ (Positive) written on their faces? The poster makes very sound argument; he could or not be sick with HIV, none of you know. I think  one should be cautious when labeling diseases to people.

Are you serious you found nothing wrong with his English?. . . oh well, i do!

Only Mr Cork can be excused for inciting such violence on grammar {no offienssse}
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

lmfao@ everyone & the topic.

From Jim on down to the grammatical errors of another user being picked on. grin grin
typical nairaland way
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by wale4x35(m): 6:28am On Dec 27, 2010
This is Nairaland and not Grammarland
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2010
and even if he has d virus , there is no big deal in it, as long as one's statues is detected early, The virus don't kill and never had, is just the elder brother that does the extermination, There re drugs that can mitigate its growth from escalating to a full blown AIDS, So there is no big deal as i earlier stated, Is just that most nigerian folks miscontrue the whole HIV/AIDS thing, And that's quite appalling. My own 2 cents.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by aieromon(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2010
Sorry,offtopic

Damn,that bisiaet is truly a natural(going through all his 600 posts).Here's one for the house:-

Sometime I do wonder if this man called Obahiagbon is mentally ok because I can not understand what is the essense of this big big grammar he speaks. May God help him because he now turm English Language to comedy or will I called it Atomic English or Nclear English I dont just know, I am sure Pa Enahoro where he is will be wondering what all these big grammar is all about. Pa RIP.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by namdo(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2010
well, I don't pray for Jim to be HIV +ive, may the rumor not have some iota of truth. cool
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by 1United1: 10:56am On Dec 27, 2010

My wife Bisiaet, 1 United and Nairaland is a quite people( apologies to Dame). grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Ranoscky(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2010
Y'all should free Bisiaet alone, abeg, this is Nairaland and not Grammarland.

Everybody makes mistakes (even those of us laughin) and no one is perfect. Mind y'all, someone spotted an error (I myself saw it, but was less minded) on a statement/post of a self acclaimed African American citizen here in Nairaland (don't wanna mention the person's name), how much more a Nigerian?
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Donmeca(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
lonewolf:

It is very important that you relax yourself when you want to communicate, whether verbally or in writing. Otherwise, what you say or type will be incomprehensible nonsense as is the case in this instance. How does someone "mistakenly fall sick"? Lol.

Please, uncle, take it easy, eh? E ma binu. E go better.

I still dey laugh ooo. Nairaland rocks. . . it was xmas galore. Chei! I missed a lot on Christmas day. How on earth could I be offline on a day like this that someone was curing high BP for free?. Men, this is d reason for d season. Bone village, celebrate xmas on NL and be happy. . .u guys really had FUN. Still rolling on d floor, what with d grammar, slap1's notice and d subsequent bombardments. . . no one even remembered the topic of the thread. The original aim of the OP was thereby totally defeated.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2010
1 United:

My wife Bisiaet, 1 United and Nairaland is a quite people( apologies to Dame). grin grin grin grin grin
@ 1 united,
hope u were kidding when u referred u and nairalanders as a singular entity, lol grin
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by WackyJ1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2010
Thanks to bisalet for making this thread go this long. I'm not interested in Jim Iyke at all
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by manny4life(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2010
violent:

Are you serious you found nothing wrong with his English?. . . oh well, i do!

Only Mr Cork can  be excused for inciting such violence on grammar {no offienssse}

I did not besides re-read my post again, I said; other than few sentences, his/her statement was put out clearly. Unless you can tell me what's wrong with the statement, then I won't say any further.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by shotster50(m): 12:13am On Dec 28, 2010
Nairaland needs more people like Bisi abeg. Theres far too many serious people here.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Dabss(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2010
lol
u guys should FREE the guy na!!!
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by babsmii(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2010
wale4x35:

This is Nairaland and not Grammarland

YES!, but still those kinda blunder(s) should be attended to once in a while
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Ranoscky(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
undecided
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by manny4life(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
shotster50:

Nairaland needs more people like Bisi abeg. Theres far too many serious people here.

The funny thing is that "NONE" and I mean "NONE" of the critics have been able to highlight where he/she was wrong, and in fact step up to the plate and rewrite the statement like it’s supposed to with punctuations. In doubt, only a few can probably put a correct statement together, the rest are just talking because others are talking. A person makes noise, others follow.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by WackyJ1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
Is HIV written on peoples face?
so how can someone just come up with this kind of news? At
least even if he is sick at the
moment, does every sickness
mean HIV? What criteria
did the person who broke the
news use or what genuine
info does he or she have to back
this up? I noticed any public
person in Nigeria that mistakenly
falls sick, just has fever or
women go around him too much
the next thing is to raise alarm of
HIV. I'm not defending him but I
presume a better and correct
information is needed before
labeling such terminal disease to
anybody.
manny4life:

The funny thing is that "NONE" and I mean "NONE" of the critics have been able to highlight where he/she was wrong, and in fact step up to the plate and rewrite the statement like it’s supposed to with punctuations. In doubt, only a few can probably put a correct statement together, the rest are just talking because others are talking. A person makes noise, others follow.
Don't be dumb. The fact that no one corrected it, does not mean that we don't know how to. Don't come here and take a holy stand just because you think that you are the only one who did not join in making fun of the post. Why didn't you just correct it yourself. Rubbish
FYI my corrected version is above your quoted post
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by manny4life(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2010
WackyJ1:

Is HIV written on peoples face?
so how can someone just come up with this kind of news? At
least even if he is sick at the
moment, does every sickness
mean HIV? What criteria
did the person who broke the
news use or what genuine
info does he or she have to back
this up? I noticed any public
person in Nigeria that mistakenly
falls sick, just has fever or
women go around him too much
the next thing is to raise alarm of
HIV. I'm not defending him but I
presume a better and correct
information is needed before
labeling such terminal disease to
anybody.Don't be dumb. The fact that no one corrected it, does not mean that we don't know how to. Don't come here and take a holy stand just because you think that you are the only one who did not join in making fun of the post. Why didn't you just correct it yourself. Rubbish
FYI my corrected version is above your quoted post

Just imagine how intelligent u sound; English is a serious problem. Did u read the part of my post that said "In doubt, only a few can probably put a correct statement together, the rest are just talking because others are talking”? I gave you an opportunity to rewrite the statement with correct punctuation, and here you are, you blew it. Pretty much a carbon copy, you should be so proud of yourself at what you just wrote. I rewrote your own statement.

Is HIV written on people's faces? How did someone come up with this kind of news? At most, even if he’s sick; does every sickness mean its HIV? The person who broke this news, what criteria has the person used? Better yet, what genuine info does he or she have to back this up? I noticed any public person(s) in Nigeria who mistakenly falls sick with fever, or goes around women so much; the next thing is to raise alarm of HIV. I'm not defending him; however, I presume better and correct information is needed before labeling such terminal disease to anybody.

Next time, please be consistent with the use of an upper case letter after a question mark. In addition to that, I used at most, instead of at least; I assume you should identify why I used that. If you want me to highlight more for you, I will.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by WackyJ1(m): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2010
To prove you have a more advanced vocabulary you added words to his original statement. You were supposed to simply correct it. The argument wasn't about Punctuation so i didn't pay much attention to it. Why don't you check what you just posted. You put a comma before 'and'. And a question mark outside a quotation mark. I guess we're all in the same boat
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by manny4life(m): 4:29am On Dec 30, 2010
WackyJ1:

To prove you have a more advanced vocabulary you added words to his original statement. You were supposed to simply correct it. The argument wasn't about Punctuation so i didn't pay much attention to it. Why don't you check what you just posted. You put a comma before 'and'. And a question mark outside a quotation mark. I guess we're all in the same boat

Correction, please we are not on the same boat. I'm no English expert, but at least I know how to put a decent statement together, and for the most part, write a decent one. There was no vocab in here; just mere words being inter-switched around. Due to much emphasis placed on his English;  I posted saying someone should rewrite it, when someone says rewrite it, they mean edit it. There's no simpler understanding than that. Yes a comma is allowed and acceptable as a separator only if you're listing two or more single line sentence and when its ending the subject line. Go ask your English instructor. As for the question mark outside a parenthesis, it's acceptable under different clauses. 1.) I was not expressing sarcasm or otherwise ,  I was only asking a simple question;  besides if u clearly ready the preceding statement, I was only reiterating what I said earlier with an earlier quote (as is). My question mark DOES NOT belong to my quotation, so it goes outside the "" because I already have a preceding question following the quotation. I hope that helps correct me if I'm wrong on this one.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by carmelily: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2010
The corrected version is just as bad as the original, in my opinion  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin People are still "mistakenly falling sick", "peoples face", "at least even if he is sick", " a better and correct info" "has fever" "women go around him" and so forth. So funny.
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by Ranoscky(m): 6:02am On Dec 31, 2010
Enough of all this crap, pls!
Re: Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor by ninocia18(m): 4:30am On Jan 01, 2011
this is the dumbest question that anyone should ask a movie actor.so she is expecting him to say "yes" i am positive. this girl should just say it once it shall be given unto her, good measure, press down, shaking togetter and running over will men give into your , grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija Season 7 Finale (Live Eviction Show) / Behind The Smile - Super Story / Blaqboi Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.