Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes (45739 Views)

A Proud Dad / Proud Dad Reveals His Daughter Learned To Stand At Eight Weeks (Photos) / Paternity Dispute: Two Men Battle Ownership Of 5-Month Baby In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by HappyNigerian: 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
A proud father shares this;

Babysitting isn’t an easy task, especially when your 6-month-old knows how to scatter your settings with crying when she is hungry!

Story of my life -I learnt to do homemade baby food in 5 minutes, as if I had been doing it since 1999.

It’s not funny but I will make the gist as interesting as I can.

Here we go.

Growing up was like daddies are not usually experts at making baby food but at least they do the feeding part well. Hmmmm…

Deola, our first child, changed it for me in such a dramatic way that it will take a lifetime to forget.

Yes, I have been helping out with feeding and other tasks when summoned. However, preparing meals and feeding our baby all alone has not hooked me like this before.

This particular afternoon ooo… Sweetheart went grocery shopping and Deola was about to sleep when she was about leaving the house.

At least it looked like she would sleep off quite soon.

So, I agreed to take charge till my madam came back hoping that baby girl would enjoy her sleep while she was away.

Little did I know that I had set myself up for mild drama.

Shortly after sweetheart left, baby girl shine her eyes to the fullest. Somehow, sleep walked away from her cute face.

I introduced biscuits and toys to keep her busy. It was working, I was happy.

I wasn’t a bad babysitter, after all. Abbi?

Few minutes later…. Story changed… Deola wanted more than biscuits…

I formed Wizkid. I formed Yemi Alade… Woefully, my talent failed me.

Baby girl was not having any of my dry performances. She wanted a nice meal.

Then, I realized that my Egungun done enter express finish. How moto no go jam am now?

Since Google has always been my friend, I walked up to his sister, YouTube. I asked her what’s up? Man badly needed to prepare 6 month baby food.

After sieving through a couple of videos, I found Nuttymeal Pudding Recipe.

Luckily for me, Jaden’s Nuttymeal was chillin’ somewhere in the house. That was how I followed the video ooo.

As the water was boiling, I was making paste with Jaden’s Nuttymeal in her plate.

She did not even send me… As if she knew that each time she screamed, my BP rose, she was dropping it like Mr Macaroni's skit.

I wasn’t doing well at all. I felt like I was punishing her for staying with only me at home. Everything was just annoying me.

As I poured the Nuttymeal paste in water on the fire, my phone rang.

Guess what? Honey was close by. …

ALAS, she was stuck in traffic about normally 6 minutes’ drive to the house. A naughty truck had broken down and had to be moved before she could get out there.

All my hopes of getting help in a few minutes time was dashed all over again.
I took heart. I kept stirring the paste in the pot as it was gradually becoming a proper meal.
I became gradually happy. I covered and left it on fire for a while to get done.

Meanwhile, baby girl was beginning to calm down. Guess she pitied me when she saw hot sweat trickling down my face out of perspiration.

3 minutes later, her food was ready!

She made my job easier. She was taking it as I was giving her.

Funny thing was she slept off almost immediately she finished eating.

Make I no lie, it pained me that nobody witnessed my pain and agony to tell me sorry dear.

I tried telling the story of how Deola dealt with me personally in her mum’s absence to her. But the fact that she was fast asleep as if she had been like that all day made my crybaby narration weak.

Anyways, I survived.

I made her a nice meal when she needed it. And that was all that matters.

I am better prepared now. My baby won’t cry next time she needs homemade food because I am a better dad now.

If you are claiming to be a proud dad and you have not made baby food in 5 minutes like me, find your mates elsewhere abeg. I no be your mate. Lol.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by HappyNigerian: 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by vonxe: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Anytime I baby sit, na fast food joint I dey carry my baby go. Sometimes we spend 3 hrs buying a lot of junks. It makes us appreciate our women more

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by ursullalinda(f): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2020
Super Dad.....well done.......it might seem like mum's are closer to their children.......but it's little things like this that makes the children bond with them.....I'm happy you are enjoying the work.....God bless your home.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by aylive02(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
smiley smiley smiley smiley

151 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Donbosco46: 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
F

2 Likes

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by seunlayi(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
-

Many senior bachelor won't know what they are missing, they always think marriage is all about s3x...., they can use money to buy it...... Noooooo, marriage is something money can't buy the type of joy you experience, even the responsibility involved - financial, materia, security, etc, you will carry it joyfully without bn forced to. Especially when you have J E S U S in your family. I pray God open people eyes to see.

Pls, All Happy Daddies should sing with me

With Jesus in the family,
happy, happy home.. /2ce
With Jesus in the family,
happy, happy home.. /2ce

176 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by NigeriaBam: 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
grin Nice One

2 Likes

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
My kinda man kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Babztunz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Proud dad indeed

4 Likes

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by MarianaTrench: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
Please come for your award!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by datola: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by medTechworld(f): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
kiss

1 Like

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by DirtyGold: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
So he wrote this superstory because he managed to make pap (the abroad version)

I can imagine him making a proper meal for himself... and boo lipsrsealed
Anyway kudos to him for trying sha... baby steps Mr proud dad grin

What's tha business?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Kobicove(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
How is this an achievement?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Totilopussylick(m): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
Well done

1 Like

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by LadySarah: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
He is a learner where my husband is. Been away for 2 weeks and he has been preparing our boys for school, Cooking, cleaning, still going to work and updating me everyday.
No help in my home. We do our chores together.
He, my dad and other hands on dads are legit.

Can't wait to see them tomorrow. kiss kiss kiss kiss

I have missed them

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by DAutoDiagnosis: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
Naxo

1 Like

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Dpharisee: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
I cook for my kids from birth, even till now that they are grown up, whenever I go into the kitchen my food seems to taste better than their moms, the secret is that we do it together, I tell them to add seasoning, wash the vegetable, add little water and they feel like they are ones cooking the food. Their mum will not allow anyone near the kitchen when she is cooking.

Parenting should be a joint business of both parents, cooking and serving the food draws the kids closer and helps to build the bond when you cook for them as a father

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by JustWinniefred(f): 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
Wow. This is so nice, I like when men help out rather than dumping all the chores on women and I appreciate when the women dont take it for granted. Learn to appreciate your spouse all day, every day

25 Likes

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by QuickStandard: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
He's a learner.....
What some of us have done, from making food, babysitting, and backing my kids.
This guy hasn't even started

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Lovelies1: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
Cool

Thinking of getting a place for your family think us we have you covered

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Kingpele(m): 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nice man, this is one of the things that scare me most in my house, I will prefer to do all the housework but to babysit, oh is frustrating, to even assist them do thier school assignments.. I needed to be patient with them, u had to restrain yourself from snapping at them kids... Is not easy to do what this guy did

6 Likes

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by ShayGirl(f): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
No be small thing.... grin
Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by TylerDurden: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
shameless advertiser

1 Like

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by shiki(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
cheesy
Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by DropsMic(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Kudos
Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Farki: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
I don't get it, it's just infant cereal undecided

3 Likes

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by Napsterworld(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
I want to be a dad..
Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by styless(f): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes by OttHin: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
Hahahaha... Perfect dad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Wife Gifts Her Husband Her Entire Savings (pics/video) / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.