Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland (776 Views)

Caution :stop Posting Your Email On Any Thread Here. / Cant Nairaland Stop Posting About Bobrisky,cecee And Tonto / Trumpet Flyover Will Stop Preventable Accident Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by gracile(f): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
After the series of series of events that’s happened lately, where in my works (hard earned) were plagiarized on a number of websites, I have decided onwards to never post any work of mine on this platform ever again and I highly discourage prospective bloggers or freelancers from doing same for the stated reason.

As you could have guessed, nairaland doesn’t pay you for your works, you won’t get much referrals to your blog as the lots here are out to copy and paste peoples hardearned works.

I already contacted 2 out of the 4 people who copied my works without acknowledging me and I won’t mention names because some obliged and did the needful. The rest of you know yourselves and you also know you can’t go scot free with this.

Bye nairaland (with a heavy heart).
Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by autofreak2020(m): 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oh, sorry about that. I know know how it feels because I have been there.

My works has been copied, even by non-english speakers as it was translated. It is painful I got no credit, but life goes on, we move.

What you can do it to type it, screenshot it and share as image here.

If you go, we will miss you.

I am Abimbola, Lead Strategist at Kobobrand.
We help business owners with free business growth hacks.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by gracile(f): 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
autofreak2020:
Oh, sorry about that. I know know how it feels because I have been there.

My works has been copied, even by non-english speakers as it was translated. It is painful I got no credit, but life goes on, we move.

What you can do it to type it, screenshot it and share as image here.

If you go, we will miss you.

I am Abimbola, Lead Strategist at Kobobrand.
We help business owners with free business growth hacks.

Thank you very much Abimbola. You’re a nice person.
Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by mhizgracie22: 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Sorry about what happened dear. Someone named Bolarinwa Adedimeji went as far as copying a story I posted on nairaland with my old account (Jane's Dilemma), editing the names of some characters, designing a book cover for the story and publishing it on Amazon and other online book stores. Several others copied the story and posted it on Facebook, I had to message them to take it down but at some point, I gave up because they were too many and most of them changed the title. The last story I posted on nairaland (Blood), was copied by several people from tushstories.com where I initially posted it last year, some of them posted it on their blogs, others on Facebook and the worst part is that many of them changed the title of the story. I don't know how someone will comfortably steal another person's work, change the title and claim to be the author, there's a special place in hell for plagiarists. The first time I discovered that someone plagiarised my work, I actually cried and I contacted the person on Facebook immediately, but now, I don't have the strength to confront any plagiarist online, I'm tired, I've decided to leave them for God. I'll still post my works on nairaland but not the ones I cherish, my cherished stories and articles are sitting pretty in my phone until I decide what to do with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by hidhrhis(m): 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
Seriously I see nairaland as a place to build trust
Why did i say that
I notice few things about a few authors who are very good on here on how they make it on nl as a writer
1. As a writer on nairaland try to be very good in the way you write that your readers Will be able to picture everything,let them.get glued to your story,captivated,make your name a household on nl,check the number of views and the rate at which ppl drop commemt when you are slow in updating the story will determine how much they love your story
2. As a writer if you dont want them to steal your ideas upload half of your story look for where the suspense is high end it their as part 1 then tell them to co contact you via email or whatsapp for the part 2 at the rate of 500 if your story is very good at a minimum you will have not less than 20 people who will contact you
Or you should do it like this
I have an author here who only update once a week but at the end of each update he always put "contact me for the next update via 09066666666666 it got to a stage i read the story to a part i knew if i dont contact this author i and pay 50 naira i wont concentrate on anything i chatted him up transferred the 50 naira but after reading it i couldnt take it again paid another so anytime the update is ready he upload it on his whatsapp status and he did more than 65 episode and i paid for it all

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by gracile(f): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2020
mhizgracie22:
Sorry about what happened dear. Someone named Bolarinwa Adedimeji went as far as copying a story I posted on nairaland with my old account (Jane's Dilemma), editing the names of some characters, designing a book cover for the story and publishing it on Amazon and other online book stores. Several others copied the story and posted it on Facebook, I had to message them to take it down but at some point, I gave up because they were too many and most of them changed the title. The last story I posted on nairaland (Blood), was copied by several people from tushstories.com where I initially posted it last year, some of them posted it on their blogs, others on Facebook and the worst part is that many of them changed the title of the story. I don't know how someone will comfortably steal another person's work, change the title and claim to be the author, there's a special place in hell for plagiarists. The first time I discovered that someone plagiarised my work, I actually cried and I contacted the person on Facebook immediately, but now, I don't have the strength to confront any plagiarist online, I'm tired, I've decided to leave them for God. I'll still post my works on nairaland but not the ones I cherish, my cherished stories and articles are sitting pretty in my phone until I decide what to do with them.

Sis, I’m still stunned as to how people can be so heartless and without conscience. It’s crazy. They have a special place in hell indeed.

Sorry about your works dear
Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by gracile(f): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2020
hidhrhis:
Why did i say that
I notice few things about a few authors who are very good on here on how they make it on nl as a writer
1. As a writer on nairaland try to be very good in the way you write that your readers Will be able to picture everything,let them.get glued to your story,captivated,make your name a household on nl,check the number of views and the rate at which ppl drop commemt when you are slow in updating the story will determine how much they love your story
2. As a writer if you dont want them to steal your ideas upload half of your story look for where the suspense is high end it their as part 1 then tell them to co contact you via email or whatsapp for the part 2 at the rate of 500 if your story is very good at a minimum you will have not less than 20 people who will contact you
I have an author here who only update once a week but at the end of each update he always put "contact me for the next update via 09066666666666 it got to a stage i read the story to a part i knew if i dont contact this author i and pay 50 naira i wont concentrate on anything i chatted him up transferred the 50 naira but after reading it i couldnt take it again paid another so anytime the update is ready he upload it on his whatsapp status and he did more than 65 episode and i paid for it all

Not a bad concept thank you for suggesting that
Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by Creeza(m): 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
been there, done all these and it was not easy.

My dear, let me tell you something, if this was possible then you would tell the DJ's to stop playing songs by different artist and making a mixtape. Now I don't really care anymore. If you copy and paste story anywhere, that's even better... I will draw all your readers on such a blog or even Facebook group with proof of being the original writer... How?

I will send them a copy of maybe an episode, far into the story... much more far than what I have uploaded and you copied. So you see; I don't care anymore. . besides There are a billion writers on planet earth, if you go just for the money, you will never make the name.... Life goes on.... one day my hard work will pay

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by gracile(f): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Creeza:
been there, done all these and it was not easy.

My dear, let me tell you something, if this was possible then you would tell the DJ's to stop playing songs by different artist and making a mixtape. Now I don't really care anymore. If you copy and paste story anywhere, that's even better... I will draw all your readers on such a blog or even Facebook group with proof of being the original writer... How?

I will send them a copy of maybe an episode, far into the story... much more far than what I have uploaded and you copied. So you see; I don't care anymore. . besides There are a billion writers on planet earth, if you go just for the money, you will never make the name.... Life goes on.... one day my hard work will pay

Hmmm thank you for sharing your experience it feels better knowing I’m not the only one facing but I know one thing for sure is that people who do such things won’t go unpunished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by tpiar: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
I remember when Literature section was much calmer and quieter.

Then someone brought in thousands of monikers (perhaps a nler asked him to boost literature section? Dunno).

It was never the same again, all peace and tranquility gone. Thousands of people posting various literary works and then the inevitable complaints.

I think the thousands of ids would possible if say multiple people open myriads of monikers for themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by gracile(f): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2020
tpiar:
I remember when Literature section was much calmer and quieter.

Then someone brought in thousands of monikers (perhaps a nler asked him to boost literature section? Dunno).

It was never the same again, all peace and tranquility gone. Thousands of people posting various literary works and then the inevitable complaints.

I think the thousands of ids would possible if say multiple people open myriads of monikers for themselves.
I remember and miss those days too tpiar
Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by tunjilomo(m): 6:26am On Jun 30, 2020
mhizgracie22:

Ahhhh.
All the gods will punish those ba.-stards. Especially the one that published it on amazon, special punishment.
Hell is too tame for some wicked ... I don't know, even animal can not describe them.
I feel for you.
You will surely prevail.
Take care.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Posting My Works On Nairaland by tunize(m): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
hidhrhis:
Why did i say that
Valid point writers inside nairaland should take note of this very valid, And to those stealing people's body of work please stop it doesn't make sense.

(1) (Reply)

When The Tiles Of The Room Explodes, What Could Be The Cause?-HELP- / Efcc The New Sars / Man Shares A Message He Received From A Coffin Seller (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.