Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? (1216 Views)

Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / When A Bright Intelligent Child Becomes A Struggling Adult / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:02am On Mar 21, 2020
If there is a creator of this vast universe, isn't it diminishing to believe he couldn't do better than to communicate with us through old books filled with ancient ignorance?

The Bible and the Quran are both filled with different sorts of ridiculous superstitious nonsense.

The Bible features unicorns, talking donkeys and a snake that talked a woman into disobeying god. Off my head I can list 50 contradictions in the Bible alone.

The Qur'an also endorses a winged horse that flew to the moon, sperm coming from the ribs and an actual arithmetic error when dividing property among people in one of its verses.

Isn't it actually unbelievable how a so-called intelligent designer chose the most perverted, error-filled, irredemably ignorant books, as his own first line representation in the face of humans and still have such a huge fan base?

If a god exists, and is intelligent and loving. It is pretty obvious that the two major books do a poor job of representing him as such. An intelligent designer, if there is one, would do better while inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by MJBOLT: 8:31am On Mar 23, 2020
smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by LordReed(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2020
Nice topic. Even those who pretend they are using science to prove the existence of their god, cannot provide anything an intelligent god has revealed to them that is beyond what we are able to currently discover.

Also what intelligent being refuses to communicate in clear, precise and understandable terms? What intelligent being refuses to modify its approach given changing circumstances? Do we not call such people insane?

4 Likes

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
LordReed:
Nice topic. Even those who pretend they are using science to prove the existence of their god, cannot provide anything an intelligent god has revealed to them that is beyond what we are able to currently discover.

Also what intelligent being refuses to communicate in clear, precise and understandable terms? What intelligent being refuses to modify its approach given changing circumstances? Do we not call such people insane?

Thank you. I agree with all of what you have said.
I wouldn't completely agree with the saying that people are insane for believing in God.

But yes, a lot of people are really unable to examine how fragile this "god belief" thing is. Especially the Abrahamic ones.

The universe can be mind boggling huge and pretty much overwhelming at times and even "intelligent" design (no matter how weak and illogical theists present it) is not a complete misnomer.

The really interesting eye-catching thing is..."A god exists and he actually did create the entire universe with all its 'beauty' (so to speak?)p And the best he could do was write books like the Bible, Torah or the Quran??" Lmao

As a skeptical atheist, I remain very open to the possibility of getting converted back to theism or deism or pantheism if presented with enough evidence. But one thing I can say is, if a god exists, it certainly cannot be the one defined by the Christian, Jewish or Muslim faith. It just can't.

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by LordReed(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Thank you. I agree with all of what you have said.
I wouldn't completely agree with the saying that people are insane for believing in God.

But yes, a lot of people are really unable to examine how fragile this "god belief" thing is. Especially the Abrahamic ones.

The universe can be mind boggling huge and pretty much overwhelming at times and even "intelligent" design (no matter how weak and illogical theists present it) is not a complete misnomer.

The really interesting eye-catching thing is..."A god exists and he actually did create the entire universe with all its 'beauty' (so to speak?)p And the best he could do was write books like the Bible, Torah or the Quran??" Lmao

As a skeptical atheist, I remain very open to the possibility of getting converted back to theism or deism or pantheism if presented with enough evidence. But one thing I can say is, if a god exists, it certainly cannot be the one defined by the Christian, Jewish or Muslim faith. It just can't.

I actually mean the god might be insane given that it stubbornly refuses to communicate but expects all its wishes to be fulfilled. With the caveat that a god as they claim exists in the first place of course.
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bacteriologist:
If there is a creator of this vast universe, isn't it diminishing to believe he couldn't do better than to communicate with us through old books filled with ancient ignorance?

The Bible and the Quran are both filled with different sorts of ridiculous superstitious nonsense.

The Bible features unicorns, talking donkeys and a snake that talked a woman into disobeying god. Off my head I can list 50 contradictions in the Bible alone.

The Qur'an also endorses a winged horse that flew to the moon, sperm coming from the ribs and an actual arithmetic error when dividing property among people in one of its verses.

Isn't it actually unbelievable how a so-called intelligent designer chose the most perverted, error-filled, irredemably ignorant books, as his own first line representation in the face of humans and still have such a huge fan base?

If a god exists, and is intelligent and loving. It is pretty obvious that the two major books do a poor job of representing him as such. An intelligent designer, if there is one, would do better while inspiring.

Even if the universe were created, why do you assume God would want to communicate with us?
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Squillaci:

Even if the universe were created, why do you assume God would want to communicate with us?

That's interesting but easy. Most all religions of today assert that god exists and DEMANDS a relationship with mankind. And those religions have their own way of communicating with god and vice versa either through reading, prayer, meditation etc.

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bacteriologist:

That's interesting but easy. Most all religions of today assert that god exists and DEMANDS a relationship with mankind. And those religions have their own way of communicating with god and vice versa either through reading, prayer, meditation etc.

Whether God exists or not, this God you described is just a projection of the human mind.
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Riduane: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Before you come to the intelligent designer book, have you bother to check the even least design of life in human being? Let's start from there.

What's your perspective of the intelligence in the design of human being? Where did consciousness come from?
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Riduane:

Before you come to the intelligent designer book, have you bother to check the even least design of life in human being? Let's start from there.

What's your perspective of the intelligence in the design of human being? Where did consciousness come from?

Why do you bother answering these guys? It will be a great waste of intellect.
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Squillaci:

Whether God exists or not, this God you described is just a projection of the human mind.

All gods are born from man's imagination. But that is outside the scope of my OP.

2 Likes

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
Riduane:

You're off-point.

My post assumes there's an intelligent designer. So we don't need to argue about if there really is intelligence in creation.

My point is, why does the book(s) of the so-called intelligent designer contain so many myths and errors?

3 Likes

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Why do you bother answering these guys? It will be a great waste of intellect.

"Waste of intellect," coming from from one who believes snakes and donkeys talk..lmao rich

4 Likes

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by AbbyBlack(f): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Riduane:

How does any of this demonstrate a god abeg?
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by lepasharon(f): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thank you op
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
lepasharon:
Thank you op

I really appreciate that thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2020
AbbyBlack:

How does any of this demonstrate a god abeg?

Mental gymnastics from theists when they cannot seem to provide a reasonable argument for the topic at hand.
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by sonmvayina(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
The books are about us, our journey through life...at least that is what the Torah says. Our journey from Egypt to the promised land. It iis/was the roman and Greeks that highjacked it and included the fake story about a dying and rising god...which only belongs to the realm of mythology and Lucifer..
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by DrLiveLogic(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bacteriologist:

You have begun on an unverified premise of assuming the creator intended to communicate to his creation primarily through a book. What if the book is only written to those who already have established some form of communication with him?
What if the book is some cryptic code that can only be cracked by a key in the hands of those who already have established communication with him, hence looking B.S. to others.
Paul says the things written in the law are for them that are under the law. And all the new testament letters of the bible were addressed to the saints. This would mean the writings are to people who already have some baseline common knowledge, not trying to be convinced but being guided on the path already chosen.
I don't believe therefore that any portion of the book was provided primarily as a means of initiating communication with him but only for whom this is already initiated.

Your question then should be what would an intelligent designer choose as a means of primary communication with humans. The most intelligent answer would be: it has to be something that is equally available and accessible to all humans and also such that is tamper-proof from the activities of another and the eventualities of the universe and it's elements.
The only place such a thing can be found will therefore be locked inside the human himself. The path to discovery of this creator would then be found in the investigation of the inner being of the human.

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 4:58am On Nov 20, 2020
sonmvayina:
The books are about us, our journey through life...at least that is what the Torah says. Our journey from Egypt to the promised land. It iis/was the roman and Greeks that highjacked it and included the fake story about a dying and rising god...which only belongs to the realm of mythology and Lucifer..

I think it's better to take history lessons and facts from actual history books with mountains of supporting evidence than books like the Torah, Bible and Quran that are filled with mythology and many other sorts of ridiculous bullshït.
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31am On Nov 20, 2020
Bacteriologist:
If there is a creator of this vast universe, isn't it diminishing to believe he couldn't do better than to communicate with us through old books filled with ancient ignorance?.

grin He did!

But when He came with a little Authority, you fled and nearly died of Fear.

He came again looking like you and you Attempted killing Him.

So, now you have to be happy with the Records of Those Who Accepted Him and Conversed with Him, since you could not bear Him when He came.
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 5:49am On Nov 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin He did!

But when He came with a little Authority, you fled and nearly died of Fear.

He came again looking like you and you Attempted killing Him.

So, now you have to be happy with the Records of Those Who Accepted Him and Conversed with Him, since you could not bear Him when He came.

Another bullshït response born from a straw man grabbing, unthinking, bible bashing christian.

How very thoughtful of you to know what I was feeling when god showed up "at first."

So the best records of those who accepted an intelligent god and talked with him are not books filled with thought experiments, empirical facts or epistemological theories but stories of mythological events in stone age settings, dragons, unicorns, slavery and how to take virgins as spoils of war.

What an intelligent god you serve! No wonder you sound so intelligent just like him!

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:13am On Nov 20, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Another bullshït response born from a straw man grabbing, unthinking, bible bashing christian.

How very thoughtful of you to know what I was feeling when god showed up "at first."

So the best records of those who accepted an intelligent god and talked with him are not books filled with thought experiments, empirical facts or epistemological theories but stories of mythological events in stone age settings, dragons, unicorns, slavery and how to take virgins as spoils of war.

What an intelligent god you serve! No wonder you sound so intelligent just like him!

grin Gotcha! And you could proceed no more!
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by sonmvayina(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Bacteriologist:

I think it's better to take history lessons and facts from actual history books with mountains of supporting evidence than books like the Torah, Bible and Quran that are filled with mythology and many other sorts of ridiculous bullshït.

We are saying the same thing ..the bible is not a history textbook. It is a spiritual manual..for our walk through life..
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 1:47am On Nov 24, 2020
sonmvayina:

. It is a spiritual manual..for our walk through life..

I bet I could say the same for the Qur'an, the Torah, the Bagavad Gita and the holy books of pretty much every other religion out there...
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 1:48am On Nov 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Gotcha! And you could proceed no more!

Yes your level of intelligence rendered me totally speechless! Loved how you detected my sarcasm!
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by sonmvayina(m): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2020
Bacteriologist:

I bet I could say the same for the Qur'an, the Torah, the Bagavad Gita and the holy books of pretty much every other religion out there...

Yes, that is what they all are...only difference is your parents where Christians..
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:20am On Nov 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Yes, that is what they all are...only difference is your parents where Christians..

True

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Imagine yourself performing some magic spell and turning into an ant so that you can impregnate the queen ant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENyyRwxpHo

Why would a “God” who created the structures in that video care enough about some random species on our planet to chose some random Jewish lass for divine impregnation? All for a god damn human sacrifice. The Abrahamic God is capable of nuclear fusion, gravity, photons, etc but yet prefers to f#ck (the spirit of the lord overshadowed.....) 15 year old girls in order to rectify simple mistakes in his design. Sounds dumber than fucking the ant. Yet, this is the core belief of the insanity called Christianity.

1 Like

Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:04am On Nov 28, 2020
Martian:

Imagine yourself performing some magic spell and turning into an ant so that you can impregnate the queen ant.

When Mr Toyoda created the Camry was he not Always capable of putting his whole self or a part, Inside it without first having sex with it, you filthy, dirty, pig?

So is the Unimaginable Power of God, in that there are No Walls, Restriction or Limitation but a whoremonger must See Only Whores In Everything!

Martian:

Why would a “God” who created the structures in that video care enough about some random species on our planet to chose some random Jewish lass for divine impregnation? All for a god damn human sacrifice. The Abrahamic God is capable of nuclear fusion, gravity, photons, etc but yet prefers to f#ck (the spirit of the lord overshadowed.....) 15 year old girls in order to rectify simple mistakes in his design. Sounds dumber than fucking the ant. Yet, this is the core belief of the insanity called Christianity.

Can any teach a drunken man to fly a plane or to cook? So it is with an evil soul for Good things are Abominations to Wicked men while lusts, viles and all manners of evil thinkings and doctrines of Wrongs and Wickedness are Great Joy to an evil man!
Re: What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENyyRwxpHo

Yeah so recently I watched some of the sizes of other planetary bodies compared to earth and I discovered that we are really insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

300 earths can fit inside Jupiter. And more than 900 Jupiters can fit inside the Sun. More than a 1, 000,000,000 sun's can also fit inside UY Scuti. That's absolutely bonkers.

That God wants to have a private relationship with us is not only arrogant, it is ignorantly narcissistic and self absorbed.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Reactions As TB Joshua Goes Mountain Top To Pray Against Corona Virus / This Dream Scares Me Till Now(I need interpretation) / In The Light Of Truth: Man And His Freewill (conclusion).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.