Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Best Book, I Ever Read. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Best Book, I Ever Read. (915 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / Best Biography You Ever Read / The Best Book Store In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Book, I Ever Read. by loveJoyce: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2010
How could I thank Micmorgan for recommending this book. Read it during a week-long vacation in London this Xmas and was floored. Like a typical mafia type of novel, it also contains some detailed and intriguing accounts of human greed and callousness ? Yes, I read how financial information we left with major organizations, shops and supermarkets flows to these destructive syndicates, Absolutely disturbing ! written with a charming, self-effacing style and a warm British sense of humor, Can’t believe it was written by a Nigerian. In fact sounds like a combination of Achebe’s and Soyinka narratives with lots of true life stories and events . Problem is we underate our own. Read it you will be wiser . Remains the best novel I have read to date. Think the best thing that has happened to naira land is freedom to recommend important books to those who like to read.

Here’s just two Quotes I love most from the novel. ”If rich nations allowed their wealth to isolate them in their world of opulence and fail to see poverty exists elsewhere, if they do nothing about the frustration and hunger in Africa, or fail to address the structural inequalities in the world, then the entire world will never know real peace.”

“As long as the western nations drinks tea in one country, looking down on the rest of the world and laughing at their naivety and backwardness, the world’s problem will only escalate”. Got it at www.african-mafia.com

Fellow compatriots as we celebrate this Xmas, may Jesus Christ de Prince of peace envelop U all with peace and joy which Him alone can give. Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

(1) (Reply)

Writers And Columnists Wanted / Force To Marry A Late Brothers's Wife. / How To Make Your Book A Bestseller In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.