Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch (45691 Views)

Monkeypox: 80 Cases Confirmed In 12 Countries / COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by KINGBEN1(m): 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2020

March 21, 2020

Nigeria’s capital, Abuja, has recorded three cases of COVID-19, The PUNCH can confirm.

The PUNCH learnt that the index case is an official of the Federal Inland Revenue Service and was one of the passengers on British Airways flight that landed on March 13, 2020.

It was learnt that two other cases of COVID-19 were confirmed.

A medical doctor told The PUNCH that the three patients had been moved to the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital.

He said, “The bad news is that three samples from the FCT (Federal Capital Territory) suspected cases tested positive for coronavirus. We have got in touch with the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital and we are moving them immediately. We will give more details as soon as possible concerning their flights, contact tracing and other protocols.

“COVID-19 is in Abuja now. One of the passengers on the British Airways flight works with the FIRS and he is among those who tested positive. His wife tested negative. We are hoping that all biometric sign in at the FIRS headquarters in Wuse Zone 5 stops with immediate effect.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/exclusive-three-persons-test-positive-to-coronavirus-in-abuja/%3famp=1

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
God!!! The main reason why this useless government didnt shut down the airport borders totally is because of their useless families and friends that are still outside the country. They just want to get them all back and in the process they are endangering almost 200million Nigerians. I want to believe at this time that president Buhari is totally cut off what is happening in the whole world because if this man watches the news then he will be more proactive than this. And one begins to wonder what a whole vice president that calls himself a professor is doing with his intellectual strength and cant do something meaningful. We had all the chances not to have a single case as at this morning but the carelessness of a very useless government is putting us in danger as a country. But God will see us through because my own faith and fate lies with God not with a useless government

315 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
angry Thats good

Buhari enclave.

Coro is coming for all of them angry

No where to hide

Y"all are in trouble wink

Mayorkanz ... Nothing will happen to people like you.

It is those useless thiefing politicians and terror sponsors moving from one air condition to another Air condition that is going die.

God will protect people like you working and hustling legitimately.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
Those chicken senators at the Villa will be frightened

28 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Yenefer(f): 2:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Awesome

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by cRobo: 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
Buhari shouldn't be spared

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by alizma: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2020
When Nigerians finally read online that coro is in aso rock

289 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by emmypelo: 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
This is Nigeria....

Our leaders toy with our lives a lot

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
chloedogie:

And you too. Two things for your stupid head. Before Buhari or any of his family members will become a victim of Corona virus, your family members in 100s must have gotten infected. Secondly they will have access to first class treatment and if worse comes to the worst they will fly out for first class treatment while you will be at the mercy of all these local traditionalist because doctors are on strike. So be happy coronavirus is in abuja o while you are not guaranteed of surviving yourself. Stupid goat. We all know that the government has been very useless handling this thing but you are more useless with your response

Gbenue soun angry

So those politicians dying in iran do not have first class care? Corona kee u there grin

What do you know. Useless Terrorist

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by dammyBoxes: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
cry
We should brace up for more cases. It is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
cRobo:
Buhari shouldn't be spared

Which head of states or president have you heard died of coronavirus? And do you know how many citizens have died globally? Buhari that didnt die of poisoning. If he is hit with coronavirus he will be treated with your tax money if you pay tax but if you are hit with coronavirus you will be borrowing money to treat yourself. You better take care if yourself and leave Buhari out of this. The whole federal govt has failed and you need to protect yourself and be strong in this trying time.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Odunolumide(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2020
brudiga:

Gbenue soun angry

If na your papa born you go catch coronavirus and see how you will die like a pig. Buhari that you have been wishing death is still alive. You better behave yourself and be ready for total shut down for 60days. You think na joking period be this? Wa kogbon very soon. Omo lole lo gbesi oro wa. Omo Iran kiran.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
brudiga:

Gbenue soun angry

So those politicians dying in iran do not have first class care? Corona kee u there grin

Like I told you wrote it down today. None of Buhari's family go die if dem nack coronavirus but if you nack am na pele we go dey do you. Chloroquine na 40k now and you cant even afford 4k. I pity you. Government don useless dem don useless but na you make you protect yourself for now.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
chloedogie:

If na your papa born you go catch coronavirus and see how you will die like a pig. Buhari that you have been wishing death is still alive. You better behave yourself and be ready for total shut down for 60days. You think na joking period be this? Wa kogbon very soon. Omo lole lo gbesi oro wa. Omo Iran kiran.

Omoale. Useless terrorist oloriburuku.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
brudiga:

Omoale. Useless terrorist oloriburuku.

I dont have a fight with you all I have told you is after this whole saga we will see who would have lost out maybe na buhari or your useless generation that no one knows.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
chloedogie:

I dont have a fight with you all I have told you is after this whole saga we will see who would have lost out maybe na buhari or your useless generation that no one knows.

grin just joking with u na grin no fight cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
emmypelo:
This is Nigeria....

Our leaders toy with our lives a lot

If preventive measures were taken 2 weeks ago then by now we would have been a coronavirus free nation. But leaders are the enemies of nations. We will keep praying for God's mercies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by daddytime(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
Shiit don reach home....
Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by chloedogie(m): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
brudiga:

grin just joking with u na grin no fight cheesy

I tell colleagues at work that all man for himself at this stage plus God. The only thing that will make me step out of my house for the next 50days is petrol for generator. I have stocked up enough for my family and I will be working from home all thanks to the technology. From 1999 every Nigerian has been his own government so o dont get worried about their useless acts as I dont expect better from them.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
God save Nigeria o.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
chloedogie:

I tell colleagues at work that all man for himself at this stage plus God. The only thing that will make me step out of my house for the next 50days is petrol for generator. I have stocked up enough for my family and I will be working from home all thanks to the technology. From 1999 every Nigerian has been his own government so o dont get worried about their useless acts as I dont expect better from them.

Our hot weather has been saving us so far. If they do not get the cure before the advent of massive raining season, i can assure you we are all f u c k e d

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by pavlovt: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
God show Mercy o

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by kirkwood: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2020
It has finally entered the seat of power. Here we go then!

They should track down all passengers that came into the country through the British Airways recently.

Why you can't take this virus for granted is because it attacks immediately your means of life ---your respiratory organs.
Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2020
All we can say at this point is to admonish one another : Becareful Guys ,
Adhere to the instructions from the FG to save your life and the lives of your loved ones.

Half a word..........

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by dheespectre: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2020

Grow back bald and receding hairline without expensive hair transplant or surgery today. Also turns grey hair dark from the roots up.

#3500 a bottle
Call 0 816 662 42 68 to purchase
Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by Keziehenry(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by AroOkigbo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
chloedogie:

Which head of states or president have you had died of coronavirus? And do you know how many citizens have does globally? Buhari that didnt die of poisoning. If he is hit with coronavirus he will be treated with your tax money if you pay tax but if you are hit with coronavirus you will be borrowing money to treat yourself. You better take care if yourself and leave Buhari out of this. The whole federal govt has failed and you need to protect yourself and be strong in this trying time.
Heard

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by meum: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch by AfrilawLLM: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
Buhari and his govt will have to talk to Nigerians now that the virus is in Abuja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.