Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions (38926 Views)

US Exempts Critical Russian Commodity From Sanctions / USA Female Soldiers Go Viral - Twerking On The Way To IRAN WAR!! / This Is How Body Of General Quassem Soleimani Was Flown To Iran(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by dermmy(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lostz:
I won't want to waste my time.
the question is; between Iran and America, who is crying now?
most of you always brag about how powerful Iran is? why can't Iran sanction America so that US citizens will start starving?

That is the problem with you guys. You won't see the political aspect of it. All you could say is Iran is crying. If you don't understand what i have written then that's your problem. You think sanction is about starving people to death. Has it achieved its expected politcal outcome? Cause that's what America wants to achieve.

America wants Iran to put and end to its ballistic missile programme and its support for proxies and that has not happened since 2018 when Trump withdrew America out of the JCPOA deal. You are here talking of who has the power to inflict suffering. Why was the suffering inflicted in the first place? Was it inflicted for fun? Hasn't Trump failed in his foreign policy in the middle east. Look at the killing of Soleimani? What did it achieve for America? Did it eradicate Iran proxies in the region? Did it put an end to Iran's military capabilities?

Look at the way Mr Trump threatened a crushing retaliatory response should Iran retaliate the killing of soleimani but Iran fired volleys of missiles that damaged their military base and gave over 100 American troops life long brain injuries yet Mr bragging president didn't do anything other than sanctions and his usual bragging on twitter that he won't allow Iran get nuclear bombs. We all should keep asking him how he intends to achieve that.

Cant you see America is even confused and does not have any effective strategy there. You are here talking of how America has the power to make Iranians beg for food lol.

You quoted me in the first place i don't have your time anymore bye.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2020
Efewestern:

Chief, everyone here acknowledges the fact that sanctions are crippling, from day one, Iranians have always complained and cried about how crippling sanctions have become, their leaders always lament about the sanctions, even during the Iran-Iraq war, they cried out about the sanctions, but ask yourself this question, has US achieved her aims with these crippling sanctions?

Yes, many are suffering, many are starving, many are dying, but has these stopped Iran from expanding? has it stopped Iran from building one of the finest military in the region? has it stopped Iran from being a threat to America's interest in the region? has it resulted in any regime change? these are the questions you need to answer.

Obama realized all these, reason he went the diplomatic way.
finest military in which region? how are they a threat to American interest? someone left faraway America to bully you in your own backyard, and all you can do is rant after rant.
the US aim under Trump is to deny Iran of finance to develop nuclear weapons and sponsor terrorist against Israel.
I think they are achieving that.

America is not complaining. only Iran and it supporters all over the world are boasting that sanctions are not working but they still want sanctions lifted. they use every opportunity to beg for sanctions to be lifted

3 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by einsteine(m): 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Olominira:

Stop it pls, he's putting American lives in danger. China can stop supplies of critical medical needs to USA which they need more than ever.

No, China can't.

They have over five hundred billion dollars in the care of the Americans. They will not stupidly cause their own economic downfall by withholding supplies.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by einsteine(m): 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
dermmy:

That's it. iranians are highly educated they know the politics behind this and won't allow U.S. to take over their country and install a puppet. They will continue to resist U.S. pressure and give support to their leaders they way the Cubans resisted for 60 years and are still resisting it to this day.

Everyday for 50 years, Cubans were RUNNING AWAY to Florida and you say they resisted America. I don't see people all over the world queuing at the Iranian embassy, it's the American embassy.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
dermmy:

That is the problem with you guys. You won't see the political aspect of it. All you could say is Iran is crying. If you don't understand what i have written then that's your problem. You think sanction is about starving people to death. Has it achieved its expected politcal outcome? Cause that's what America wants to achieve.

America wants Iran to put and end to its ballistic missile programme and its support for proxies and that has not happened since 2018 when Trump withdrew America out of the JCPOA deal. You are here talking of who has the power to inflict suffering. Why was the suffering inflicted in the first place? Was it inflicted for fun? Hasn't Trump failed in his foreign policy in the middle east. Look at the killing of Soleimani? What did it achieve for America? Did it eradicate Iran proxies in the region? Did it put an end to Iran's military capabilities?

Look at the way Mr Trump threatened crushing retaliatory response should Iran retaliates the killing of soleimani but Iran fired volleys of missiles that damaged their military base and gave over 100 American troops life long brain injuries yet Mr bragging president didn't do anything other than sanctions and continuous bragging on twitter that he won't allow Iran get nuclear bombs. We all should keep asking him how he intends to achieve that.

Cant you see America is even confused and does not have any effective strategy there. You are here talking of how America has the power to make Iranians beg for food lol.

You quoted me in the first place i don't have your time anymore bye.
the sanctions is to deny Iran of finance to develop nuclear weapons....Iran don't own nuclear weapons so I don't know what you are saying. even their last attempt to shot missiles, they ended up shooting down a passenger plane containing their own citizens.

another reason for the sanctions is to deny Iran finance to sponsor terrorist against Israel. so far I think it is working. attack against Israel is reducing.

someone came from faraway America to bully you in your own backyard. they even kill your own general and term him a terrorist but all you could do is rant and shoot at empty space

2 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Homers123(m): 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
sulasa07:

You think US cares about that,they only care about Oil and money.I just pray that I will still be alive to watch the day USA power will diminish and they will be the next Iran
I am.waiting for the day that the Dollar will "die" also.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
einsteine:

Everyday for 50 years, Cubans were RUNNING AWAY to Florida and you say they resisted America. I don't see people all over the world queuing at the Iranian embassy, it's the American embassy.
America even gave Cubans protected status when it comes to Visa .

3 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by DenreleDave(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
Topmaike007:
and do you know that with this corona issue China has made more friends with the aid they're giving to people affected and do you know that they're currently helping 82 countries in this CoronaVirus case in which America is not left out and you're here saying America got more friends.

oga the table has turned and China is getting more popular every day with this issue

Bros shut up jare... Made frnds than USA because of corona virus.. I tot u r a wise guy but then I was wrong.. U r so dumb

Where did corono virus started from at first? Was it USA?

Dumb head

2 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by dermmy(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2020
einsteine:

You are a comedian. You guys are funny o. So you don't understand what resistance means. It's 60 years now and U.S has failed in its pressure to effect regime change in Cuba the way they have failed in Iran. How do you guys think like this. This your comment weak me o. Please stop intruding into things you don't know.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Efewestern: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lostz:

finest military in which region? how are they a threat to American interest? someone left faraway America to bully you in your own backyard, and all you can do is rant after rant.

America is the most powerful nation on earth, no country can rival her, it's funny how you equate Iran's military with that of the US, no basis for comparison bro, we are taking about the middle east, Iran's military is one of the finest, well trained, highly disciplined, without US, no nation in the region can outmatch the Iranian armed forces. This is fact.

the US aim under Trump is to deny Iran of finance to develop nuclear weapons and sponsor terrorist against Israel.
I think they are achieving that.

US major aim in Iran is regime change or total compliance by the Islamic mullahs, which so far has failed, Iran has continued to expand and has militias capable of fighting Israel to standstill in Lebanon, withstanding Saudi Arabia in Yemen and Protecting Assad regime in Syria, all these are against US interests.

America is not complaining. only Iran and it supporters all over the world are boasting that sanctions are not working but they still want sanctions lifted. they use every opportunity to beg for sanctions to be lifted

Anyone that tells you sanctions doesn't have a negative effect on Iranians is lying, while the sanctions are crippling, it's becoming useless because it haven't achieved any desired outcome and to some extent made Iran self reliant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by amanikondo: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
Olominira:
At this critical time nations need to do everything and fight this coronavirus together all at once, unfortunately Trump's low reasoning ability would do more harm to the lives of Americans at this critical time.

China alone supplies both Iran and US medical and medicines. What If China decides to cut US supplies and increase that of Iran just to send Washington a message at this critical time of need? It's a terrible experience to be ruled by stupid leaders that make decisions that are capable of cutting lives short

Lol. the USA already activated production

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Horus(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2020

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by mordred44: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2020
Dey shld use dia war equipment to fight d covid 19......dats wot dey spend dia money on
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Topmaike007(m): 12:49am On Mar 22, 2020
DenreleDave:

Bros shut up jare... Made frnds than USA because of corona virus.. I tot u r a wise guy but then I was wrong.. U r so dumb

Where did corono virus started from at first? Was it USA?

Dumb head
I taught you're knowledgeable but I was wrong... Do you know how many aid jack Ma gave out to your Almighty America?

Coconut head sad
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by atheistandproud(m): 12:59am On Mar 22, 2020
dermmy:

What you fail to realize is this is a game and America is losing it. If America thinks Iranians would unseat their leaders through a revolution it won't work. Sanctions don't produce their desired political outcome.,If America thinks starving ordinary Iranians is the best way then they are following the wrong path that won't take them far.

Sanctions strengthens the hardliners in Iran. Their aim is to stop Iran from getting nukes and backing proxies in the middle east. Is the pressure working? What has it achieved for them? They know they are failing but pride won't allow Mr Trump to change his decision. Or do you think President Obama was a fool when he brought Iran to the table using diplomacy?

Years back Benjamin Netanyahu was hell bent on striking Iran's Nuclear facilities Barack Obama had to tell him he was on his own if he did it. Obama knew the consequences it would have on the middle east.

Sanction is a tool a country uses to achieve its political goals, you people think America is winning because Iranians are starving and dying. It hasn't achieved anything for America politically. The Iranians are more supportive of their leaders than ever before, Iran continues to enjoy support from its proxies and keeps enriching Uranium.

Do you know why America hates Iran this much? Cause Iran is the only country in that region that can put an end to U.S. adventurism through its proxies.

Iran didn't choose this path willingly America casued it, it started in the the 50's when CIA and British Mi6 unseated the democratically elected prime minister of Iran and installed a puppet that gave America oil concessions, the I979 revolution put an end to U.S. exploitation sanctions followed as usual.

The same thing they did to Cuba when Castro and his barbudos seized power from the American puppet that was exploiting the country for America. Look at the support America gave to saddam Hussein during the Iraq iran war.

The west allowed Saddam to gas Iranians, they provided Iraq with weapons while Iran fought with her spirit. Iran has learned the hard way and has made sure she must not suffer at the hands of the enemy anymore hence her powerful and unrivaled ballistic missile programme, hence her network of proxies in the middle east. Peace bro

Mossadegh

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by lebete3000: 2:40am On Mar 22, 2020
MhizJoyce:
The virus will disappear on the 27 of March.

And you shall disappear if it doesn't...
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by ogmask: 9:28am On Mar 22, 2020
Olominira:
At this critical time nations need to do everything and fight this coronavirus together all at once, unfortunately Trump's low reasoning ability would do more harm to the lives of Americans at this critical time.

China alone supplies both Iran and US medical and medicines. What If China decides to cut US supplies and increase that of Iran just to send Washington a message at this critical time of need? It's a terrible experience to be ruled by stupid leaders that make decisions that are capable of cutting lives short

Let m educate u small.
Sometimes the problem na ignorance and deeply rooted biase.
1. Iran is looking for ways to hurt the USA and not to better the lives of their citizens. The USA already offered to help with the treatment and care for the infected but Iran rejected it a few days ago.
2. China does not supple the USA drugs for corona virus. If you have been listening to news and following happenings around the world you'd have discovered that the USA is on top of their game in terms of research and possible treatment for covid 19
3. Economic sanctions has nothing to do with humanitarian reliefs. If Iran will show a human face and not pretend then go behind to arrest, label and lock up AID workers like they have done in the past am sure supplies will hit Tehran.
4. Trump's actions will save more American lives in this period of covid 19. Why empower your enemy who doesn't think twice before he harms u. The right thing to do is send relief materials thru other means aside the regime. If you send it thru the govt they will sabotage it just to paint the USA black.

You could see that Iran is their own problem. After rejecting a direct offer to assist your people you turn around to say the Trump doesn't care bout you people. Even Iranians know that their govt is the problem and not the USA.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2020
Efewestern:

America is the most powerful nation on earth, no country can rival her, it's funny how you equate Iran's military with that of the US, no basis for comparison bro, we are taking about the middle east, Iran's military is one of the finest, well trained, highly disciplined, without US, no nation in the region can outmatch the Iranian armed forces. This is fact.

US major aim in Iran is regime change or total compliance by the Islamic mullahs, which so far has failed, Iran has continued to expand and has militias capable of fighting Israel to standstill in Lebanon, withstanding Saudi Arabia in Yemen and Protecting Assad regime in Syria, all these are against US interests.

Anyone that tells you sanctions doesn't have a negative effect on Iranians is lying, while the sanctions are crippling, it's becoming useless because it haven't achieved any desired outcome and to some extent made Iran self reliant.

don't worry. one step at a time.
you need finance to build nuclear weapons and to sponsor terrorist.
the aim is to cut off the needed finance; to make Iran choose between providing their basic needs or sponsoring terrorist.

Obama gave them billions of dollars in return for a deal but they end up spending the money on attacking Israel .

I almost forgot to add that Turkey is the most advanced country in the middle East; militarily

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by dermmy(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:

the aim is to cut off the needed finance; to make Iran choose between providing their basic needs or sponsoring terrorist.

Obama gave them billions of dollars in return for a deal but they end up spending the money on attacking Israel .

I almost forgot to add that Turkey is the most advanced country in the middle East; militarily

Obama gave them the money America stole from them before the revolution. The pro-western government there ordered fighter jets from America and they weren't delivered before and after the revolution and Iran's foreign assests were frozen for years. It's Iran's money so you have no point here. You think America was so happy with them for the JCPOA deal and gifted them billions of dollars in return. Lmao. grin grin grin

Help yourself with this
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama-didnt-give-iran-150-billion-in-cash/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 22, 2020
dermmy:

Obama gave them the money America stole from them before the revolution. The pro-western government there ordered fighter jets from America and they weren't delivered before and after the revolution and Iran's foreign assests were frozen for years. It's Iran's money so you have no point here. You think America was so happy with them for the JCPOA deal and gifted them billions of dollars in return. Lmao. grin grin grin

Help yourself with this
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama-didnt-give-iran-150-billion-in-cash/
the biased leftist writer forgot to add; that money was already used to pay American companies whose contracts were canceled and their assets seized.
American Congress even passed a law that said, victims of Iran terrorism should be paid from that seized money.

investigation also show that Obama gave them US taxpayers cash.Wary of using U.S. bills for a variety of reasons involving concealment, the Obama White House
had the money converted to untraceable Euros, Swiss francs, and other foreign currencies. he delivered the money using US military Jets

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by DannyG8(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2020
olaolulazio:
Heartless Trump embarassed
better than heartless Muslims
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Osidazz19: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2020
[[s]quote author=festus2001 post=87642369]Na only God go save iran from all these Catastrophes. They should go an give there lives to Christ and God will settle there problems.
Jesus Christ is lord. God bless Nigeria [/quote][/s]

Rubbish from a retarded brainwashed crazytian delusional mind.
Jesus is lord ko jesus is fvcked ni.
STFU and get lost with your Jesus trash.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Osidazz19: 11:11am On Mar 22, 2020
festus2001:
Na only God go save iran from all these Catastrophes. They should go an give there lives to Christ and God will settle there problems.
Jesus Christ is lord. God bless Nigeria

Idiot, Italy the land of Christianity and Vatican has more dead people than even China the originator of the virus. Yet you are here spewing rubbish about some rubbish Jesus. I guess those at the Vatican and Italy in general have not given their lives to jesus. Olodo ode dindinri idiot retarded religious blind fool.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by drightguy(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2020
Iran get ready to have your head shaved by Trump. grin

Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by basilico: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
Friday prayers all over Iran led by the highest clerics including Kamenei lead worshipers into chanting Death to America.
Actually death to the Great Shaytan (America) and the little shaytan Israel.
Maybe you did not know that.
CNN will never show that.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by lekonso: 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Trump should increase more sanctions against this useless terrorist Iranian government. Those of you supporting Iran, if you have lost one of your family members to terrorism you will never support a terrorist nation. Go and ask those people that have lost their family members to terrorist attack, they will tell you the emotional pains theh went through in loosing their loved ones.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hhansome:
Where is the love for one another?

Iran “spends billions on terrorism and foreign wars” and that if it spent one tenth of this “on a better health care system, the Iranian people would have been much better off.”
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Eborty(m): 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:

Brother, you should'nt be wasting your time explaining at all. In nigeria, this same individuals are the ones criticizing BOKO HARAM for it killings, and yet they are the ones seeing light in the part of Iran. To me there are all a bunch of hipocrite.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Eborty(m): 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:
the biased leftist writer forgot to add; that money was already used to pay American companies whose contracts were canceled and their assets seized.
American Congress even passed a law that said, victims of Iran terrorism should be paid from that seized money.

investigation also show that Obama gave them US taxpayers cash.Wary of using U.S. bills for a variety of reasons involving concealment, the Obama White House
had the money converted to untraceable Euros, Swiss francs, and other foreign currencies. he delivered the money using US military Jets
No matter how you try to enlighten him, if he does'nt want to be updated, its left for him. He is just making reference to old information, and i wonder what's there to talk about in a nation that does arms dealing with terror organisations, a nation that kidnap's individuals, a nation that won't stop uranium enrichments, as if we are expecting war to ignite in this modern era. Some individuals don't think at all.
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by Eborty(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
[quote author=dermmy post=87647193]

[quote]. Please, what's your stand or say on the 'Iran and USA' issue.....?
Re: U.S. To Iran: Coronavirus Won't Save You From Sanctions by jham01: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2020
kokomilala:
It shouldn't,because the US has exerted MAXIMUM PRESSURE phase of the sanctions. Iran can't sell her oil as would like to ; donors can't really help because they fear the backlash from the US ,as South Africa and some countries are learning.
The COVID-19 is killing Iranians with the rapidity of a machine gun.One person dies every 10 minutes in Iran.Many of the theocratic leaders have died.
The US is bent on regime change. It wants to bring down the theocratic order by Khomeni that has stood since their revolution since 1979.As a result ,Iraq has created and has been spending billions of Dollars on terrorism and the propagation of Islam in the Middle East and instead of investing the money in the people.
America is spending more money in the affairs of other nations than any other country. All countries are independent bt because of their religious agenda they're borrowing than any country in the world jst to gag some Islamic countries. America is responsible for the death of innocent souls than all crime/terrorists group in the world combined.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Absent As Royal Family Poses On Balcony (Photo) / Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda / 33-Storey Building On Fire In South Korea (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.