Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus (39984 Views)

52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Coronavirus: FG Searching For Passengers On Aircraft With Italian Patient / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Miltonbit(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2020
Initially I didn't want to comment on your post but I just have to do it. Just try and google China any incoming flight are directed to a different airport outside Beijing and won't be allow into Beijing airport until after test is carried out on the passengers.
voltron14:

Not true.

You cannot quarantine all incoming travelers.

The best you can do is request they self-isolate and institute a fine should they be found outside.

No country would quarantine thousands of incoming visitors - none.

Yoi either close your borders or suggest self-isolation.

You only quarantine confirmed cases.

2 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Keemsleek005(m): 7:54am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:

Nigerians are very easy to handle. Put just 5 Mopol by the door of the plane. No one would dare step out. If they want to sue, let them sue. It's a matter of national security. The court would throw it out.

You right. Army will be better. Its well with us all, let just do the right things to stay alive.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Kylekent59: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2020
The blame game is working perfectly well. I told a friend that the FG,Governors, Health minister and others would save their heads when the rate escalates.

The virus has spread in the whole country, of which some people didn't know then. Everyone one is waiting till one person drops dead, then they take the virus serious.

You see different comments about the virus in Nigeria, as I am typing, some people are still saying no COVID_19 in Nigeria that gov'ts wanna loot.

I don't just know why some people don't browse the Internet to get the latest information, but chose to listen to rumours or other people's opinions, say on the disease.

Immediately NYSC was shut, I knew the rate has increased drastically. Now they are telling is flight this and that were exposed---like we all know.

It is already late, everyone should brace up, follow precautions, maintain clean environment, and to the parents; don't allow your children / child outside, make sure they are indoors. Don't let them relate with other kids/children in the compound.

Get a face mask, a hand sanitizer, and also or if possible, wear an eyeglass, B Bag would be good to wear( when you are closer to people or in a crowded place especially on a bus).

The lesson here that we should always be proactive. Procrastination is dangerous.

Corona virus[COVID_19] can kill anyone: Infant, youth,adult, old ...etc.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by BrutusOj(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2020
post=87653160:
Guys, try as much as you can to STOP politicizing this deadly Coronavirus issue, as PDP as laid the foudation.

This is not what we want in our darling nation presently.

Use your brains and stay SAFE.

Coronavirus will not be any of your portion in life.

Be wise!
What's PDP doing in your post now? Did they stopped your failure Bubu from doing the needful at the right time?
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by petitejolie(f): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:
The best thing that happened last week was Coronavirus getting into Abuja. If 3 people in Abuja were not infected, those blockheads in Abuja won't have stopped all incoming international flights.

i wish dey increase to like 20
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Kubernetes: 8:14am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

The best you can do is request they self-isolate and institute a fine should they be found outside.

Serious countries mandate incoming passengers to be quarantined.
Even self isolation will worsen the situation as most people will not adhere.I was amazed by the 64 nairalanders that gave u a Like.

2 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by taiwolomo1: 8:26am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Is there any country in which people are tested on arrival?
but at least should hv been quarantined!!!
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by FA13(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2020
post=87653160:
Guys, try as much as you can to STOP politicizing this deadly Coronavirus issue, as PDP as laid the foudation.

Be wise!

You cannot be ok.
You should not comment on reasonable topics.

PDP laid foundation for Corona that started last year.

Just face APC miscreant job you dey do.

People are busy researching concrete solution to the problem.

You absence brought much peace.

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by UKBobo(m): 8:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Nbote:

Most countries.. Even some immediately quarantine anyone arriving from risk countries

Flew through Naija, UK and France, last week. No testing anywhere, just forms. Last, last this thing go spread well. Italians been flying around the world since Feb knowing the virus fresh in their blood.

An example... today
Colombia has recorded its first death late on Saturday. The victim was a 58-year-old taxi driver from the coastal city of Cartagena, the health ministry said in a statement. Earlier this month he had two Italian tourists in his taxi and two days later presented the first symptoms, the ministry said, adding the man had untreated hypertension and diabetes.

With the stress in Naija, can you imagine the number of untreated medical conditions shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/22/coronavirus-news-coronavirus-live-updates-deaths-uk-italy-lockdown-spain-us-new-york-south-america?page=with:block-5e76f1088f08a08573fbf299#liveblog-navigation
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Neoteny7: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2020
Bbankole:
Jesus is lord
May God intervane
This is getting serious

Still waiting on god, eh?

Was he asleep when the virus jumped to humans? Is he having fun waiting before he intervenes?

Better forget this "god help us" and help yourself. Right now sanitizers are more useful than bibles
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by TosinKate(f): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2020
Quarantining all travelers can be done; strictly at their own cost. If this is well stated as the policy for the prevention of this pandemic even travelers will take caution.

This is what the Ugandan government is doing.

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by bahaushe1: 9:09am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

No. But they should have been quarantined immediately they enter the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by bahaushe1: 9:10am On Mar 22, 2020
2 flights. 18th March. None quarantined or isolated for strict and compulsory observation.

May God deliver us.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Amanda4life: 9:30am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

Which confirmed cases.

Do you people watch CNN at all?

They said even people without symptoms who have contracted this virus keep spreading it even before getting the real lab test.

One one the doctors in Italy said said how this virus appears on cray film is a little bit strange, that they cannot exactly explain how the virus spread so fast.

Its a bit mysterious.
Its only what God can take away by giving the expert the right wisdom on how to stop it through science without much adverse effect.

This sickness is still a mystery to the whole world.

A sickness that is shuting down the worlds economy.

It shouldn't be played with
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by idonhammer: 9:30am On Mar 22, 2020
Airport official spotted.

voltron14:

Not true.

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Smug4real(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2020
jayson87:
Our neighbors Benin Rep. Is quarantining anybody for 14days that comes into the country, even through land borders. That's how serious countries respond to an impending danger and pandemic. Self isolation is a deceit and a. Fast. Way to spread the Virus. Quarantine anybody that comes into the country for 14days.
Hope we heard 748 persons died in 1 day in Italy from this virus. We have to take strict measures in checkmating the COVID-19 pandemic
So true.
Because even if I isolate myself, I might not be able to stay away from my family. when it comes to family there is always that weakness you know. Family members would still welcome you back home and definitely give you that big welcome hug... Which is dangerous.
Quarantine is the best option if you fail to close the borders.
It's my opinion though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by mikeuz(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2020
Nbote:
So despite claiming to subjecting ppl to testing and all d talk about banning flights from UK and other risk countries, how d hell did 2 flights get into dis country and d ppl allowed in without testing?

Ignorance will not kill you

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Femeto: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

The testing kit from South Korea would solve this debacle.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 22, 2020
My fear its not even the flights coming in!!! We can't manage anything good in this Nigeria
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by tonididdy(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Do you have a TV set at home?
People are even quarantined for 2weeks upon arrival. What are you talking about dude.
Nigeria is doing this wrong.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by tonididdy(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2020
Scanfrost:
My fear its not even the flights coming in!!! We can't manage anything good in this Nigeria

Neither can we manage anything bad
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by voltron14: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2020
tonididdy:

Do you have a TV set at home?
People are even quarantined for 2weeks upon arrival. What are you talking about dude.
Nigeria is doing this wrong.

In what country?
US, UK, India?
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by crackkhaus: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

It seems you're not current.

Find a way to follow-up on some world news.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by crackkhaus: 10:58am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

In what country?
US, UK, India?
China, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Hawaii, etc. .
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by SimplyleoLove: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

In what country?
US, UK, India?
[/s]
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by SimplyleoLove: 11:45am On Mar 22, 2020
[s]
post=87653160:

Be wise!
[/s]
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by gift2xl: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2020
This is lawlessness. What nonsense and they allow them to inter without been checked on the 18?.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Jaqenhghar: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:

Those countries that quarantine all passengers on arrival, they brought the facilities from Heaven?

Let government clear 10 Hotels along Airport Road and Ajao Estate and see if it won't be more than enough. Those who display symptoms are moved to the IDH centre in Yaba and those without symptoms after 14 days go home.

Its not about just "clearing the hotels". Whatvof the manpower? Let me guess you wil just "hire the people " and what of equipment and other stuff needed to effectively run a quarantine centre. Lets talk of running costs. Who will pay for the running of the centre?

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by dwilliams: 11:56am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

Oga , make I hear word, Cyprus quarantined everybody who comes into the country for 14 days, I have a friend who came in from the UK last week, hotels have been converted to quarantine centres, talk wetin u no abeg nd dont ask me, because I live in Europe
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by voltron14: 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
dwilliams:

Oga , make I hear word, Cyprus quarantined everybody who comes into the country for 14 days, I have a friend who came in from the UK last week, hotels have been converted to quarantine centres, talk wetin u no abeg nd dont ask me, because I live in Europe

You live in Europe yet you give wrong information.

Cyprus mandates self-isolation:

As of 3.00 am Cyprus time on March 21, 2020, and for a period of 14 days, all passenger flights, to the Republic of Cyprus (Larnaca and Paphos airports) are prohibited. This has resulted in an almost complete cancelation of departure flights.

Until March 21, all travelers into the Republic of Cyprus are required to provide a valid medical certificate from an accredited medical office no more than four days old, attesting that they do not have COVID-19. In addition, only citizens and Legal Residents of the Republic of Cyprus, EU nationals and third country nationals working or studying in the Republic and diplomats, may enter the Republic of Cyprus. All incoming travelers are subject to 14-day isolation

Some of you just love to argue for argument sake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

304 New COVID-19 Cases, 242 Discharged And 14 Deaths On August 4 -(15,088 Test) / Lady Who Lost Her Hand In An Accident Shares Amazing Photos After Recuperation / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.