Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

Quick Question Pls - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Quick Question Pls (860 Views)

Why Did They Burnt The Hadith? My Humble Question Pls! / Quick Question (2) (3) (4)

Quick Question Pls by kanmi22(f): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2010
Salam, pls i am confused, our imam told us to buy a coconut today and pray on it till new year eve, we will break it on new year's eve and eat it including the water. I cant remember learning this during my lifetime either in naija or here in the united states. It does not sound right to me and i cant find anywhere in the holy quran where this is stated. Can anyone shed some light unto this? I am afraid of committing haram.
thanks
Re: Quick Question Pls by Timi1990(m): 7:49am On Dec 27, 2010
Maybe he wants 2 make Coconut rice. . . But sincerely that so insane. Have never seen it in the Holy Quran where u have to do such thing. It better you ask him why or deceide what you think is the best .
Re: Quick Question Pls by tbaba1234: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2010
I don't think that is islamic at all, It sounds like an innovation (bidah).

You should ask your imam to provide evidence of such a practice. I know for one, it is not in the Quran.

Allah knows best.

Salam
Re: Quick Question Pls by kanmi22(f): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2010
Thanks o, i am suprise too and i rather fast from today till new year's day insha allah than to do that. I dont feel comfortbale doing it,
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 27, 2010
wala whats that again? huh me think that's his own tradition, that is not part of the religion. Don't do it!
Re: Quick Question Pls by azharuddin: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2010
Very strange indeed. Havent heard about such thing in the Quran or the Prophets (saw) Sunnah. Besides Jan 1st is the New Year of the Gregorian calender, it is not in any way an important day in Islam.
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2010
BIDAH,BIDAH,BIDAH,May Allah saves us from dem Imam,and guide us all to the straight path,

@Azarudin,atleast the Imam too can claim hes vast and knowledgeable since he knows arabic and hes scholar too,you should have adviced kanmi not to question him and just do whatever the Imam gives,init?cos your guy in the video is so against questioning authority since they know more in the deen
Re: Quick Question Pls by azharuddin: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2010
@Uplawal
If you dont trust any Imam, then tell me how will you study the Quran?
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2010
I dnt say i dnt trust any Imam,i simply said,if what they say is contradicting with the Quran,they should be questioned and not just folow follow like cattle
Re: Quick Question Pls by azharuddin: 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2010
uplawal:

I dnt say i dnt trust any Imam,i simply said,if what they say is contradicting with the Quran,they should be questioned and not just folow follow like cattle

I agree with you completely. Whoever contradicts Allah's command should not be followed. Its certainly a big problem. Some people accept what is wrong, some reject what is right. Allah guide us in the right path and save us from bidah. Ameen.
Re: Quick Question Pls by kanmi22(f): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2010
Thank u bros and sis, i think i rather go with quran and not what the imam thinks. I will just pray and not do the coconut nonsense thing even though i bought one already, i will just eat it normally.
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2010
make coconut rice with it jare grin
Re: Quick Question Pls by kanmi22(f): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2010
lol, i will
Re: Quick Question Pls by AbuHanifa: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2011
Maybe a new scientific discovery. How would he preserve it in the first place. i guess the man should throw a coconut rice party after his discovery becomes valid.
Re: Quick Question Pls by babs787(m): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2011
Maybe he wants 2 make Coconut rice. .

Maybe a new scientific discovery.

RFLMAO.

Beware, it is Bidah
Re: Quick Question Pls by miftaudeen(m): 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2011
fasting,tahajud in d mosque in respect of dat new year is bid'ah.pls let us improves ourselves in islamic knowledge.
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
Also,the honourary title "Sarkin" in the Northern part of Nigeria,is it islamic?
Re: Quick Question Pls by miftaudeen(m): 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
can u quickly brief me "sarkin" what its mean
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
SERIKI,but some write it as SARKIN
Re: Quick Question Pls by miftaudeen(m): 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
seriki is not an islamic tittle.but tittle given to their king.as yoruba used to call their king ka-bi- o si.
Re: Quick Question Pls by alimat2(f): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

make coconut rice with it jare grin

I beg if rice ready i go chop oooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Quick Question Pls by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2011
lol,alimat2 grin grin grin

Is It Good To Pray For The Dead? / Emotional- Brother Reverted To Islam- Masha Allah / Muslim Mobs Beat Civil Servant For Facebook Remark, "God Doesn't Exist,"