Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State (62362 Views)

Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) / Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2020
Catholic priest celebrating Mass slumps, dies in Rivers

Tragedy struck in Rivers State on Sunday as the parish priest of the Saint Helen’s Catholic Church, Ogbogoro, Rev. Fr. Simeon Kuro, slumped and died while celebrating the Mass.

The incident, it was said happened while Kuro was delivering the homily on the church’s altar in the Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

The middle-aged priest was later rushed the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital by members of his congregation, but he could not be resuscitated by the medical personnel as he was declared dead by doctors.

A source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Southern City News that the priest collapsed shortly after concluding the homily around 10am and was rushed to the UPTH around 10.30am, but was pronounced dead around noon.

The source said, “I can confirm to you that the priest of St. Helen’s Catholic Church, Rev. Fr. Simeon Kuro, collapsed today (Sunday) after the homily.

“He was rushed to the UPTH around 10.30am, but was declared dead by a doctor around noon. It is a sad situation.”

A source at the UPTH confirmed the incident.

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Nnamdi Omoni, said he had not been able to confirm the incident from the Divisional Police Officer covering the area.

When contacted, the Director of Communications, Catholic Diocese of Port Harcourt, Rev. Fr. Francis Tete, said he would not be able to speak on the incident immediately.

He, however, told our correspondent that he would speak only after clearance from the authorities.

“I can’t give you any statement at the moment. Maybe when I talk with the authorities tomorrow (Monday), I will tell you something,” Tete said.

https://punchng.com/catholic-priest-celebrating-mass-slumps-dies-in-rivers/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by ignis: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2020
Please autopsy should be done to ascertain if the death is as a result of Corona virus.
If positive, everyone that has close contact with him should be quarantined immediately.

May the soul of the faithful departed rest in peace.

I won't be surprised if our lackadaisical government ignores this urgent responsibility.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Administration1: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
A heart attack happens when there is a sudden complete blockage of an artery that supplies blood to an area of your heart.

A heart is a muscle, and it needs a good blood supply to keep it healthy.

As we get older, the smooth inner walls of the arteries that supply the blood to the heart can become damaged and narrow due to the build up of fatty materials, called plaque.

When an area of plaque breaks, blood cells and other parts of the blood stick to the damaged area and form blood clots. A heart attack occurs when a blood clot completely blocks the flow of blood and seriously reduces blood flow to the heart muscle. This also results in patients experiencing chest pain.

As a result, some of the heart muscle starts to die.

The longer the blockage is left untreated, the more the heart muscle is damaged. If the blood flow is not restored quickly, the damage to the heart muscle is permanent.

A heart attack is sometimes called a myocardial infarction (MI), acute myocardial infarction, coronary occlusion or coronary thrombosis.

In response to some quotes seeking preventive measures, I'll create a thread on it. kindly watch this space, as the link i will post here

134 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Dmeji4444(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by eyinola: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
ignis:
K
whats is k now grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
May Father Simon's soul RIP

His time has come.

One day...........
We all gonna die!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by vibbb: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
RIP to the dead.
It's advise for everyone to visit medical facility for regular check up.

4 Likes

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by OTayobami(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Cardiac arrest.
Everyone be talking about corona virus, the thing is, death will come when it will come, whether covid-19 o or kovik one nine biras o or cardiac arrest, the best thing is to make your ways right Lobatan!

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by sukerefakere(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Koro

Obanikoro

1 Like

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by mojeed4(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Thought he was meant to be at home delivering service online.

1 Like

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by SultanOfPuna: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Best WAY To Die
Not those ones that die untop Woman
He died in active service to God,
So I'm sure of where he is right now..
Paradise.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Offpoint: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
R.I.P

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by atobs4real(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
SO SAD
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by 24kmagic: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
RIP
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by nairalee(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
These are trying times

When the angel of death comes near me and my household, it will passover and walk away.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by box423: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Brunicekid(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Oh God!!! Comfort his family. Very saddening news.
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Dannieln1: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Corona virus pandemic has covered all GOOD and BAD news in this world
In fact someone should take me back to 2019
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by popweezy(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
CORO
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Anneka101(f): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
I hope it's not related to civic biras?
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by wintersnow(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
The government banned any form of association of 50 persons and above...
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by ednut1(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
at one point in life we are next to die
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by waynejesus: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
R.I.P to the priest
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by obembet(f): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
If you are not spiritual sound, u can attend that church
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by victor175(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
The whole world is just ricking of bad news now. Only God can save the world now.

RIP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by NotComplaining: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
We all know where he's going grin
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by sirusX(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
One minute, full of life
The next, the great beyond

We need not take life for granted and make the most of each day

6 Likes

Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by gozzlin: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2020
Corona?
Re: Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State by Dearlord(m): 11:55am On Mar 23, 2020
RIP fr

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.