Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk (628 Views)

Where Is Audio Jesus To Save The World From Corona Virus? / CAN Prayer Walk: Pastor Adeboye Leads Protest Against Insecurity (Photos) / Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Benesis: 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
Helo,Fellow Africans give this a thought, imagine that the whole world was just praying for this epidemic 2end, that no scientist was working day and night for a cure..

the last Epidemic(The black death (the bubonic plague) had to run its course for 3years killing close to 200million people before it faded out.
back then, people only prayed, there where no science labs to sturdy the plague, know its means of spread and come up with solutions.

just imagine that all we had was just prayers, faith and hope, as the Europeans in the year 1347-1350 had in the midst of the black death that killed half the population of the ancient world. Imagine there where no drugs and standard hospitals as we have today and you will come to terms with how *"#FaithWithNoWorkIsDead John2:17.

Today, we are able to combat any disease, we eradicate some and we know how to manage and contain others. it is not as a result of people praying day and night for Miracle, but as a result of some scientist wishing to sacrifice their lives to research and experiments on how to make sure that what killed our parents and grandparents, will not kill us. Malaria drugs,Typhoid drugs, Yellow Fever drugs, Chickenpox drugs, Ebola drugs, Cancer drugs, HIV drugs, etc are not products of prayer and fasting, but product of years of research and experiment...

The African Continent is always lacking in contribution to better life for mankind, because instead of investing in deepening Knowledge and understanding of most disease, we spend them on churches, Mosque, Owambes, etc.
In the west, if My Dad died of Brain cancer and i Have money, instead of throwing a multi million naira worth burial, I will bury him privately without much noise, and use the money, in creating a "Brain Cancer research grant, to help fund the research for a cure, and i will immortalize his name by naming the grant after him.
but in my country, I will build a church in his owner, when already we have millions of churches, most of which are always empty, with few people, in the North our brothers there will invest theirs in Mosque, and the moment we get sick, we dont go to sleep in church or mosque, but fly abroad, to benefit from the money grants that, the people there invested in research and experiments.

Africa to a large extent is a very big Shithole, the west through their dump here, our leaders take their dump here and go to the west to live good life, even most Daddy's of our churches here, stay here to make millions from our ignorance of how things work and fund their family to live and stay in the west where resources are better harnessed and managed.

I believe in God, and believe in Psalm 82:6, John 10:34-38 where we are reminded that we are gods by virtue of being children of the God.
and i believe that a child that keeps on calling the father to do everything for him, is a very dumb and irresponsible child.
The West have grown to realise, that they have power to do most of the things the can ask the father to do for them, by virtue of being born in the fathers image and likeness. Africans are still cry babies that have not come of age, to know of the power they wield.

Benesis #OutsidePlatosCave #AceJutsu

2 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by ussv: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Well there is nothing impossible before God , but if you ask God right now, i believe God himself will support social distancing. This virus continues to defy borders, status, religious beliefs e.t.c.. The best thing to do now is use our common sense. Wash hands regularly, keep your distance, carry along a pocket size hand sanitizer with you all the time and if you feel sick , stay away from others and self isolate until help arrives because if you enter motor to hospital, you go infect all di people for bus and even nurse and patients for hospital. Bottom line, NA ONLY GOD FIT HELP US, but heaven happily helps those who help themselves.
Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Benesis: 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Peak11:
YES.

Meanwhile, check my signature for a tested and confirmed way to make money online.
NO PAYMENT REQUIRED! NO REGISTRATION FEE REQUIRED!! HURRY NOW!!!

HOW ?
we all rely on test kits from people who are not waiting on prayer. we rely on drugs from people who are not staying overnight in church praying for miracle...
can you pray someone back to health ? there is free transport to an isolation centre for you to go at it.

2 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Ladylite: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Benesis:

Helo,Fellow Africans give this a thought, imagine that the whole world was just praying for this epidemic 2end, that no scientist was working day and night for a cure..

the last Epidemic(The black death (the bubonic plague) had to run its course for 3years killing close to 200million people before it faded out.
back then, people only prayed, there where no science labs to sturdy the plague, know its means of spread and come up with solutions.

just imagine that all we had was just prayers, faith and hope, as the Europeans in the year 1347-1350 had in the midst of the black death that killed half the population of the ancient world. Imagine there where no drugs and standard hospitals as we have today and you will come to terms with how *"#FaithWithNoWorkIsDead John2:17.

Today, we are able to combat any disease, we eradicate some and we know how to manage and contain others. it is not as a result of people praying day and night for Miracle, but as a result of some scientist wishing to sacrifice their lives to research and experiments on how to make sure that what killed our parents and grandparents, will not kill us. Malaria drugs,Typhoid drugs, Yellow Fever drugs, Chickenpox drugs, Ebola drugs, Cancer drugs, HIV drugs, etc are not products of prayer and fasting, but product of years of research and experiment...

The African Continent is always lacking in contribution to better life for mankind, because instead of investing in deepening Knowledge and understanding of most disease, we spend them on churches, Mosque, Owambes, etc.
In the west, if My Dad died of Brain cancer and i Have money, instead of throwing a multi million naira worth burial, I will bury him privately without much noise, and use the money, in creating a "Brain Cancer research grant, to help fund the research for a cure, and i will immortalize his name by naming the grant after him.
but in my country, I will build a church in his owner, when already we have millions of churches, most of which are always empty, with few people, in the North our brothers there will invest theirs in Mosque, and the moment we get sick, we dont go to sleep in church or mosque, but fly abroad, to benefit from the money grants that, the people there invested in research and experiments.

Africa to a large extent is a very big Shithole, the west through their dump here, our leaders take their dump here and go to the west to live good life, even most Daddy's of our churches here, stay here to make millions from our ignorance of how things work and fund their family to live and stay in the west where resources are better harnessed and managed.

I believe in God, and believe in Psalm 82:6, John 10:34-38 where we are reminded that we are gods by virtue of being children of the God.
and i believe that a child that keeps on calling the father to do everything for him, is a very dumb and irresponsible child.
The West have grown to realise, that they have power to do most of the things the can ask the father to do for them, by virtue of being born in the fathers image and likeness. Africans are still cry babies that have not come of age, to know of the power they wield.

Benesis #OutsidePlatosCave #AceJutsu

You narrative is clear but you don't understand anything about prayer.

Prayer is not a monologue.

Prayer proves that God is real because prayer is a dialogue and God speaks and gives wisdom when we pray.

So if you lean on your own understanding you will become a wreck

But if you pray and hear God then you will be guided and act in wisdom to act wisely and always be ahead.

Nigerians do not pray, they shout for their enemies to die meanwhile the Bible never says we should. Just because 90% of Christians in Nigeria are missing it does not mean it does not work..

When you understand prayer then you would know that it is the solution. I have prayed and I can tell you this Corona will fade before May 1st.

Mark what I have said.
Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Benesis: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ladylite:

Prayer proves that God is real because prayer is a dialogue and God speaks and gives wisdom when we pray.

But if you pray and hear God then you will be guided and act in wisdom to act wisely and always be ahead.

Nigerians do not pray, they shout for their enemies to die meanwhile the Bible never says we should. Just because 90% of Christians in Nigeria are missing it does not mean it does not work..

When you understand prayer then you would know that it is the solution. I have prayed and I can tell you this Corona will fade before May 1st.

Mark what I have said.

WILL IT FADE BECAUSE OF YOUR PRAYERS ? OR BECAUSE SOME SCIENTISTS WORKING DAY AND NIGHT WILL COME OUT WITH A CURE, AND BETTER TESTING KITS.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW,

1 Like

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Ladylite: 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
Benesis:

WILL IT FADE BECAUSE OF YOUR PRAYERS ? OR BECAUSE SOME SCIENTISTS WORKING DAY AND NIGHT WILL COME OUT WITH A CURE, AND BETTER TESTING KITS.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW,

Who gives wisdom to work.... Does man know how to create himself?

LOL, you are full of knowledge but how come wisdom eludes you to know that there is an higher intelligence at play here called God.

Even men who care less about human lives have been able to weaponized a biological weapon called Covid 19 and you still think everything is OK?

If you do not have all the answers then seek Him who does.

When we pray God directs the scientists to the right place and mixture to solve things. So don't think too high of yourself as a human. That's all we can be-HUMAN

We didn't evolve from apes either cos no ape kept in a lab has ever evolved. So stop defending incomplete ignorance that there is no God or prayer does not work.

Look at how atheists kept coming against the idea of a God but now they are sanitizing their hands without ever seeing anyone have COVID-19.... Is that not FAITH?

Right now everyone all over the world has one belief, that Covid 19 is so real.... Whyyyyy? DEATH...

I don't care who talks or comments otherwise.... At the point of death everyone who has dying breath gets scared of the unknown or they pray of they secretly always knew but lived in denial just to oppose the idea.

So brother, prayer works when it is done right, God is real and life itself is proof.... Death is inevitable and that is where the greatest of atheists change opinions sadly it is not aired
Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Righteousness89(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
What you Claim is being done by Scientists, Professor and all that CANNOT work without GOD

Infact they themselves cannot Function without GOD..

GOD can Function can Function and do whatever he wanna do without Them...

Prayer is not Just Mumbling of Words..

It's Communication with the Force that Makes things to Work..

GOD ALMIGHTY does not need Anyone to Make things Happen. It's when He wants to Magnify and Advertise a Man that He gives Him the Privilege to be the instrument through which he does what he wants..

Prayers Alone will take away This Pandemic!
But it has to be the Right Prayers..
The Prayer of a Sinner is an Abomination to GOD..

If the UN of Today will call all President of Nations and they all as the Representative of their nations go flat to GOD pleading for Mercy From GOD ALMIGHTY..

The way this Virus came is the way it will go..
It will be like a Dream..
Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Benesis: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
why are we not praying anf working ? why are we just praying ? China has Zero new case and zero new death, but ths republic of China is against Christians and Muslims , yet Italy that surrounds Vatican The Christian Capital of the world is having increasing infection and death...

HOW DO WE EVER RECONCILE THESE THINGS ?

3 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by MJBOLT: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2020
anybody who thinks prayers can save him/her from the dangers of this world is a BIG FOOL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by CAPSLOCKED: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2020

SINCE GOD IS IMAGINARY, PRAYERS ONLY WORK FOR IMAGINARY THINGS LIKE WITCHCRAFT AND MARINE SPIRITS.

BUT YOU SEE REAL LIFE SITUATIONS? PRAYER HAS NEVER, AND WILL NEVER.

WHEN WE ASK TO PLACE BETS THEY QUICKLY REMIND US THAT GOD CANNOT BE TESTED (BECAUSE HE FAILS MISERABLY), THAT WE SHOULD JUST BELIEVE STUPID THINGS FOR NO SANE REASON. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by hakeem4(m): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2020
No!!! prayer has never been known to solve any single problem.

4 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by hakeem4(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2020
Ladylite:

Nope! But I don’t think we need god for us to be in existence. We are all products of natural selection.

LOL, you are full of knowledge but how come wisdom eludes you to know that there is an higher intelligence at play here called God.
You remind me of anselm ontological argument here grin why can’t god have a more intelligent designer?

Even men who care less about human lives have been able to weaponized a biological weapon called Covid 19 and you still think everything is OK?
Any evidence for this claim ?

When we pray God directs the scientists to the right place and mixture to solve things. So don't think too high of yourself as a human. That's all we can be-HUMAN
God is a jobless fellow (if he exists) why would an all knowing god create a very dangerous virus to attack those who he claims he loves in the first place ?

We didn't evolve from apes either cos no ape kept in a lab has ever evolved. So stop defending incomplete ignorance that there is no God or prayer does not work.
wow!!!! You just committed a straw man fallacy. I’m sure you’ve not read anything about evolution. You just keep spitting rubbish made by creationists. Please get good biological textbooks and journals, then we can discuss

evolution is a fact as much as gravity is

Look at how atheists kept coming against the idea of a God but now they are sanitizing their hands without ever seeing anyone have COVID-19.... Is that not FAITH?
you’re being intellectually disingenuous
Because you just committed an equivocation fallacy. You’re equivocating the word faith in your first and second premise which makes this argument flawed!

Right now everyone all over the world has one belief, that Covid 19 is so real.... Whyyyyy? DEATH...
So?

I don't care who talks or comments otherwise.... At the point of death everyone who has dying breath gets scared of the unknown or they pray of they secretly always knew but lived in denial just to oppose the idea.
Well a lot of people have never experienced what it is to be dead. So that’s why they’re scared. But why should I pray against death when I know all living things would die?

Or why should you believers pray against death when you can just die and enjoy your heavenly place where there’s milk and honey and gold on the floor

So brother, prayer works when it is done right, God is real and life itself is proof.... Death is inevitable and that is where the greatest of atheists change opinions sadly it is not aired
nope! Life is not an evidence for god!
Life is an evidence for natural selection

1 Like

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by hakeem4(m): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
What you Claim is being done by Scientists, Professor and all that CANNOT work without GOD
Which disease has god cured in history?
God is just a nonentity who claims scientist glory.

Infact they themselves cannot Function without GOD..

GOD can Function can Function and do whatever he wanna do without Them...
Yes! God functions in the mind of mad people
So god exists?

Same logic goes for “unicorns exists in my mind so unicorns exists”

Prayer is not Just Mumbling of Words..
Real definition of prayer is talking to ones self hoping someone up there in the sky is listening and can change the situation

Alas! No one is up there listening to you! Sorry

It's Communication with the Force that Makes things to Work..
What force ?

Applied Force.
Gravitational Force.
Normal Force.
Frictional Force.
Air Resistance Force.
Tension Force.
Spring Force.

GOD ALMIGHTY does not need Anyone to Make things Happen. It's when He wants to Magnify and Advertise a Man that He gives Him the Privilege to be the instrument through which he does what he wants..
We scientist and engineers don’t need any god to make our design happen. We only say god did it so we can look very humble cause we know god is just a bag of bullshit

Prayers Alone will take away This Pandemic!
But it has to be the Right Prayers..
When ever there’s an emergency I don’t see you pray, rather you go to the hospital for help!

Someone on Nairaland said, If prayers work ambulance would be taking people to hospital

The Prayer of a Sinner is an Abomination to GOD..
Well that’s gods business

If the UN of Today will call all President of Nations and they all as the Representative of their nations go flat to GOD pleading for Mercy From GOD ALMIGHTY..

The way this Virus came is the way it will go..
It will be like a Dream..

Okay enough of the comical statements!

God and everything supernatural don’t exists

3 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by Righteousness89(m): 10:29am On Mar 24, 2020
hakeem4:

Which disease has god cured in history?
God is just a nonentity who claims scientist glory.

Yes! God functions in the mind of mad people
So god exists?

Same logic goes for “unicorns exists in my mind so unicorns exists”

Real definition of prayer is talking to ones self hoping someone up there in the sky is listening and can change the situation

Alas! No one is up there listening to you! Sorry

What force ?

Applied Force.
Gravitational Force.
Normal Force.
Frictional Force.
Air Resistance Force.
Tension Force.
Spring Force.

We scientist and engineers don’t need any god to make our design happen. We only say god did it so we can look very humble cause we know god is just a bag of bullshit

When ever there’s an emergency I don’t see you pray, rather you go to the hospital for help!

Someone on Nairaland said, If prayers work ambulance would be taking people to hospital

Well that’s gods business

Okay enough of the comical statements!

God and everything supernatural don’t exists

god's have done nothing and can do nothing..

GOD made you..
The Breathe in you is given by GOD..

That GOD that you don't Recongnize today, you Must Recongnize and Bow to on the Other side.. u don't have a Choice
Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by hakeem4(m): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2020
Righteousness89:

god's have done nothing and can do nothing..

GOD made you..
The Breathe in you is given by GOD..

That GOD that you don't Recongnize today, you Must Recongnize and Bow to on the Other side.. u don't have a Choice
God never made me.
The breathe I inhale and exhale was never given to me by god! But because my ancestors evolved

I think it is the other way round, god has always been bowing down to science

2 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by kingxsamz(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2020
Ladylite:

Mark what I have said.

Lies.
Tb Joshua said the virus will cease to exist on the 27th of this month. Or aren't you both serving the same god? Or are you holier than Tb Joshua?

Besides, if prayers can't make the virus go away now, then prayers are useless.

You can not tell me that you've prayed and that the virus will disappear before may 1st, when it is actually scientists who put their lives on the line to fight the virus.

If your prayers for the virus are going to take a long time before being answered, then it's useless.
Scientists who are going to come out with a cure are not using prayers to work.

2 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by kingxsamz(m): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2020
Ladylite:

God directs the same scientists who don't believe in him? undecided
Why doesn't he direct pastors instead?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by kingxsamz(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2020
Ladylite:

This just proves that you lack intelligence.

And what you typed up there is the dumbest analogy ever.
Unlike your god, Covid19 can be proved.

1 Like

Re: Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk by MRosario(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
I pity you
Ladylite:

(1) (Reply)

The Error Of Constantine That Birthed The Trinity Doctrine, Paganism With Christ / delete / Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.