Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..... (1790 Views)

Religion Should Not Fail If Government Does / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow / Humans Nearly Wiped Out 70,000 Years Ago, Study Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Ymodulus: 12:52am On Dec 28, 2010
Re: ..... by snowdrops(m): 1:00am On Dec 28, 2010
the muslims are the only ones that seem to cause all the trouble
Re: ..... by Jenwitemi(m): 1:09am On Dec 28, 2010
snowdrops:

the muslims are the only ones that seem to cause all the trouble
No, they are definitely not the only ones.
Re: ..... by Jenwitemi(m): 1:14am On Dec 28, 2010
Ymodulus:

We have heard of lies, doctrines,false teaching and terrorism from people about their God and so on all in the name of RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, with all this happening i want PROPOSE A MOTION THAT RELIGION should be wiped out from the earth
By religions, if you mean the 3 Abrahamic desert dogmas, then those 3 will die as a result of their eventual redundancy. But a new and better religion will always take their place. Yes, humanity is rapidly outgrowing the need for such religions that survive through the division of mankind. They are the evil of our time and we need to purge them asap.
Re: ..... by Joagbaje(m): 5:40am On Dec 28, 2010
Religion should be wiped out so that Christianity can take it's proper place in the world grin
Re: ..... by Kay17: 6:43am On Dec 28, 2010
Christianity is likewise a superstition, so needs abolition.
Re: ..... by Joagbaje(m): 6:51am On Dec 28, 2010
Kay 17:

Christianity is likewise a superstition, so needs abolition.

So how do you serve God? Christ is the only way.to God.

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Kay17: 7:03am On Dec 28, 2010
Each fantasy claims supremacy. The key islamic claim is there is no god other than allah, and mohammed is his messenger. Does it make it true?
Re: ..... by Joagbaje(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2010
^^^So how do you serve God?
Re: ..... by Kay17: 7:12am On Dec 28, 2010
Your beliefs are not universal. Some believe in many gods others one some none.
Re: ..... by Jenwitemi(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2010
And Jesus has absolutely nothing to do with christianity. Jesus may stay, but the christian religion should be bulldozed into the ocean of forgetting.
Re: ..... by bibiazim1: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2010
Even though i do not believe in god,I honestly do not believe religion should be scrapped, i think it serves a strong purpose and contrary to popular thought it is not to befuddle, whitewash or fanaticize the mind of its follower as seems to be the case but to instill law and order in society,if u think religion is unnecesary,think of the anarchy n chaos that would follow if there was nothin like religion,so at d end of d day,religion is more of a help than a harm to humanity,think of it as a necessary evil.
Re: ..... by Jenwitemi(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2010
bibiazim1:

Even though i do not believe in god,I honestly do not believe religion should be scrapped, i think it serves a strong purpose and contrary to popular thought it is not to befuddle, whitewash or fanaticize the mind of its follower as seems to be the case but to instill law and order in society,if u think religion is unnecesary,think of the anarchy n chaos that would follow if there was nothin like religion,so at d end of d day,religion is more of a help than a harm to humanity,think of it as a necessary evil.
The societies with as little religious influence as possible(scandinavian countries, most especially) are the most peaceful and organized, so that claim is a non-starter. Nigeria, on the other hand, with religious influence right up the place where the sun don't shine, is not only chaotic and close to anarchy, but also very very very corrupt.
Re: ..... by PastorAIO: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
To what end? Will the abolition of religion get people to stop saying things like "all yorubas are illiterates".
Re: ..... by Jenwitemi(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
Pastor AIO:

To what end? Will the abolition of religion get people to stop saying things like "all yorubas are illiterates".
Nope. But it will stop a more deadly form of discrimination(religious discrimination) from infecting the human minds. The less of such mind viruses we have, the better for humanity.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2010
Pastor AIO:

to get your answer read the below quotes
Jenwitemi:

Nope. But it will stop a more deadly form of discrimination(religious discrimination) from infecting the human minds. The less of such mind viruses we have, the better for humanity.
Re: ..... by InesQor(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2010
Pastor AIO:

To what end?  Will the abolition of religion get people to stop saying things like "all yorubas are illiterates". 
grin grin grin I love this guy's acerbic witticism (too bad it often flies over the target's head)!!!  cheesy
Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2010
@poster
"wiped out completely" is an understatement.

Religion should be excommunicated! Evaporated! Decomposed! de-franchised! Outlawed! masculated! Somebody please borrow me a good adjective!

Useless thing! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: ..... by welovegod(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2010
In all this, we believers are not moved. Christianity is not a religion but a personal relationship with God - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/.

In all things, we are more than conquerors.
Re: ..... by Azibalua(f): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
i totally concur
Re: ..... by Krayola(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2010
Pastor AIO:

To what end?  Will the abolition of religion get people to stop saying things like "all yorubas are illiterates". 

grin grin I think yourubas are legendary  cool One day we will rule the world.

I think imperialism destroys the world. Religion has been a part of the whole process so in a way it is a big part of the problem imo. So Yes. Maybe the world will be a better place if religion gets "wiped out" . .At least institutionalized religion. I just hope by wiped out u don't mean rwanda part 2, or holocaust reloaded.
Re: ..... by InesQor(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2010
^^^

Tell me you saw the OP's "location" info? cheesy
Re: ..... by Krayola(m): 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2010
haha just saw it now.

Na jealousy dey catch am
Re: ..... by InesQor(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
Yeah that was why Pastor AIO said that to the OP. I laughed so hard grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

God Loves A Servant-leader / Heir Of The Abrahamic Promise- Pastor Chris. / Muhammad Was A Peaceful Man !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.