Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday (19836 Views)

Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs / Abuja & Lagos Airports To Resume Domestic Flight Operations On July 8 / COVID-19: Air France Begins Evacuation Of EU Citizens In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by zakim(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nigeria’s biggest carrier, Air Peace, has announced the suspension of all its flights from Friday. The airline said the decision was part of the concerted efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 pandemic. This is coming hours after Aero Contractors announced the suspension of its flights.

In a statement signed by its Chief Operating Officer, Mrs. Toyin Olajide, Air Peace said, “It is with a great sense of responsibility that we have decided, in the best interest of our nation, our passengers and workforce, to suspend scheduled flight operations for 23 days effective 23.00hrs on Friday (an hour before midnight on Friday) the 27th day of March, 2020 as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.

"This difficult decision was reached in order to, not only, support the efforts of the Federal Government and other stakeholders in curbing the spread of this virus in our nation but also to protect our teeming passengers and our staff from becoming victims of the pandemic.”

"The airline noted that passenger traffic had slumped drastically as a result of the pandemic, saying, “so it is therefore very unwise to continue raking up avoidable costs that the airline could ill afford. Continuation of flight operations in the present circumstances we find ourselves as airlines, could lead to the total collapse of any airline hence the need to quickly stem the rising financial burden and costs of operations.

"While the suspension is on, we are, however, willing to do special flights both for the government and our people. Normal scheduled flight operations shall resume on April 20, 2020. We regret any inconvenience this decision may have caused our teeming passengers,” he added.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-air-peace-to-suspend-operation-on-friday.html

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by jlinkd78(m): 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
This is really getting serious. Oh God heal d land for your children. It's obvious now only u is truly omnipotent. Imagine small virus wey eye can't even see has brought d world with her level of sophistication to her knees. God let your mercy prevail

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by whytediamond(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
Stock up food and water. Wuhan, where the virus originated is still under lockdown since January.

Stock up on food and water.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by sylve11: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
This trying times too shall pass. sad cool

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by FanRong: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
Are they still working?

Oh... For local flights.
That's true. cool cool

They should use this break opportunity to fumigate and sanitise the aircrafts too. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by OgbanjeProphet: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
Make una never worry for now...

Very soon even atheists will join us in prayers for a quick solution from the gods.

16 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Akhagbenidestin(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
ok
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by orunmila144: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by federal9: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
so they haven't stopped shocked shocked

Corona don spread ooo.

Which of the following machines used as a means of transportation helped Corona virus gain entrance into the country?

A. Aeroplane

B: Ship

C: Car

D: Train.

I am going with "A"

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
LOCKDOWN WORLDWIDE!!
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Homers123(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
No body dey leave here. We die here.
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by KingsleyBuubba(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
Friday is too late.
Why can't we just stay at home and prevent this virus from spreading. Italians did not listen now they are crying

Nigerians make una stay for house now una no go gree.
God help us God help us. Make una first help una selves oh
we no get medical facilities ooooooh

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Raheemusman: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
Preventive measures should be out in place also.
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by SultanOfPuna: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
Edo Airlines Will Still Be Flying
Weekdays From 12 Midnight

Contact Our Customer Care Below..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Nickisindigo(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
OK
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by helinues: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Better.

Chai, na now some people go believe say village people are real... grin
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by franchasng: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hahahahahaha, it is finally happening; Nigeria is shutting down from Aso Rock to everywhere....hope useless Boko Haram will shutdown and allow our helpless soldiers in the northeast to have some peace angry angry

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Akhagbenidestin(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nigeria Don tire me
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by ReadyMadeToTo(f): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Getting seriously serious...
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Slawormir: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice move
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by KEVIND: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Pray For President Buhari - Tb Joshua (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT6Jy3e5IoE

On Sunday 7th July 2019, T.B. Joshua shared the vision he received from God concerning the nation of Nigeria and called for prayers for President Muhammadu Buhari.
"I was in a vision three weeks ago. I have been praying. In that vision, the Lord said to me particularly, 'Pray for your President' - that is the voice of God. Our President, Muhammadu Buhari - I have been praying for him. The instruction from God is above.
“Pray for protection - for God to protect him and fill him with wisdom enough to lead this country, the nation of Nigeria. I have been doing that. And the Lord said to me, 'He is a human being. There is no perfect man on earth.' Nigeria, I am talking to you. Take this word - that is the voice of God. There is no perfect man on earth. If you are looking for a perfect man, you need to go to Heaven. And I still keep to myself, offering this prayer for the nation and the president - to fill him and protect him with wisdom enough to lead the nation.
“I travelled three days ago outside Lagos for that prayer as well. In my vision, I saw the Seraphim. I saw the Seraphim come down with rain. The rain comes with freshness and calmness. Please let us pray for our government and President Muhammadu Buhari. Take your time and pray for them. Nigeria, let us pray.
"So, Nigeria - lamenting, complaining and all that should be stopped and resort to prayer. Pray for your President; he is a human being. No man is perfect on earth. Look at the rain."
https://www.nairaland.com/5754711/pray-president-buhari-tb-joshua

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Covid: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
I shall not locate you and any member of your family!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Eteka1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by gloriaunobi(f): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
After importing the virus
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Professorcplus(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
coro coro virus has taken over
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by StagethemTVee: 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2020
The best option is for all to stay put and let the statistics start dropping
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
Shit don spread already. It already late cry
Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Davidski(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
This reminds me of Wales revival in 1904... If we can all go down on our knees to God he would not only deliver us from the virus but us bring revival to the world at large..

Revive us again Oh Lord!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday by Eteka1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
ReadyMadeToTo:
Getting seriously serious... see what the lifeless dullard has caused by refusing to close down international airports since
Mumu like you.. what else do you have in that your head than how to sell your Ready Made ToTo. See who is calling someone dullard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erosion On Ozubulu Road In Nnewi. Soludo's Attention Needed. / Experiences Of Nigerians In Dubai / Reverend Father's Car Somersaults 3 Times In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.