Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) (83127 Views)

The Big Puff Adder I Killed In My Dog's Kennel (Pictures) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Nsukka Yesterday Morning (Photos) / See The Puff Adder Killed In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by awesomesossy(f): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2020
etibaba:
Wow, and I frequent that botanical garden during my undergraduate days. God no go shame us.
I am telling you.... I de even go jack for there... God is gracious
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by etibaba(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2020
awesomesossy:

I am telling you.... I de even go jack for there... God is gracious
Bless God o
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Tasmanian: 12:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
No doubt, it is a puff adder. Native to west Africa and sub Saharan. It's snake season. The sun is out and it's 100% certain we will come in contact with this deadly serpents.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by tunary(m): 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You are saying snakes are dangerous and shouldn't have existed?

Snakes help to keep the population of rats in check. Without snakes, rats will fill up your homes. They will give you many viruses, and humans would have certainly gone into extinction. Imagine dealing with three pandemics at the same time.

Every living thing has its place and benefits in the ecosystem. Some help us get rid of pests, some help with pollination, and all provide what is called ecosystem services.

And if you say snakes are dangerous, what will you say about human beings?

No animal has suffered from another species as much as they have suffered from human beings. Chickens, goats, snakes, lions, tigers, elephants, and so many animals that man has hunted into extinction. There was a period when lions and tigers were hunted for their skin, even almost into extinction. Whales have also suffered same fate, almost hunted into extinction.

Have you seen where they make snakeskin products before. Those snakes are skinned alive by human beings. Imagine there is a creature more powerful than humans. How would you feel if they skinned you alive?
Snakes help to keep the population of rats in check. IF YOU SEE snake in your house what will you do?
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
tunary:
Snakes help to keep the population of rats in check. IF YOU SEE snake in your house what will you do?

I will catch it, and release it back into the wild.

I am a snake lover and expert. I understand just how to handle them.

During my theology days in the United States and India, I kept snakes, mostly nonvenomous, especially constrictors.

If you don't know much about snakes, then just drive them away, and not attempt to kill them by all means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by tunary(m): 9:34am On Mar 28, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I will catch it, and release it back into the wild.

I am a snake lover and expert. I understand just how to handle them.

During my theology days in the United States and India, I kept snakes, mostly nonvenomous, especially constrictors.

If you don't know much about snakes, then just drive them away, and not attempt to kill them by all means.

You have been to the united state before? YOU how did you go? is it by bus or through the normal bush path (short cut)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / This Lady's Yoga Pose Got People Talking (pic) / Huge Python Killed At Opebi, Ikeja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.