Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Ecobank Debited Me After Crediting Me My Refund From Aliexpress - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ecobank Debited Me After Crediting Me My Refund From Aliexpress (630 Views)

How Quickteller Debited Me Without Sending The Money To The Beneficiary / Access Bank Debited Me In A Week Instead Of A Month. / My Order From Aliexpress Fail To Deliver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Debited Me After Crediting Me My Refund From Aliexpress by iKingsley(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
Hello fam! I made this transaction on AliExpress on 26th, February, 2020. I bought a mobile phone worth #40,543.76 with Ecobank MasterCard

Due to Coronavirus that was ravaging China then, the processing time was longer than I expected; I had to cancel the order and the seller accepted

My refund was processed by AliExpress and I got my account CREDITED back to my card on 12th March with the value of #39,046.45 (due to exchange rate, it must not be of the same value with the actual debited).

So, yesterday being 25th March, I got alert saying Credit NGN-39,046.45.
It stated clearly that it's REFUND to my card, but that value was deducted from my account balance.

Today, 26th March, I went to their office and complained about the issue. I also got my statement of account and realised that value was debited and my balance is now less by that amount.

The female customer attendant I met there said that AliExpress refunded me and reversed the money back. I have been shopping on AliExpress since late 2017. I know AliExpress can't reverse refunded money but can make refund.

One of the male customer representative their said I should wait till the end of the month and if I don't get my money back, I should bring my statement of account so that he can forward it to their head office.

I also contacted AliExpress support team and they assured me that the money has been refunded to my card and if there is any problems, it's with my bank. She even told me AliExpress can't reverse refunded money that I should check with my bank. She further gave the Acquirer Reference Number ARN for the refund and asked me to give it to the department incharge of cashback for for speedy recovery of the fund.

So, I'm asking. Has anyone experienced this before and what is the suggestion you can give me?
Re: Ecobank Debited Me After Crediting Me My Refund From Aliexpress by sholyins: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Dear Mr. Kingsley,

We appreciate you for bringing this out to Ecobank's attention and express our deep regret about what you are currently experiencing.

However, in order to assist you with your complaints, kindly provide the details of the transaction and ARN to the Ecobank Contact Centre's email address: EngContactcentre@ecobank.com.

Be assured that this will be investigated once the mail is received.

Please accept and sincere apologies and thank you once again.

Best regards.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Manager Caught In Sex-romp With Someone’s Wife & Got Shot Severally - Video / Plateau Cleric, Reverend Polycap Zango, Five Others Go Missing After Trip To Nor / Watch Moment, Burnaboy, CDQ, Obafemi Martins Settled Imbroglio In Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.