Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR (72562 Views)

SM Ahmadu: Navy Officer Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Absconds In Delta / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by etokhana: 6:39am On Mar 27, 2020
A man named Emmanuel Benson, who had close contact with two persons that recently arrived Lagos from the United Kingdom, has been told to go home by medical personnel at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, after testing positive for Coronavirus.

Benson, who had hoped to be quarantined and treated at LUTH after being tested at the government-owned hospital on March 21, was asked to go back home over lack of bed space to admit him at the facility.

SaharaReporters gathered that since the refusal of LUTH to admit Benson, he had returned home and continued his normal life.

“He moved to and from LUTH through public transportation.

“He has been mingling freely with people,” a friend to the young man told SaharaReporters on Thursday.

When contacted by SaharaReporters on Thursday night after his mobile number was supplied to one of our correspondents, Benson indeed confirmed that he tested positive for the virus and was not admitted to LUTH for treatment by medical personnel.

He disclosed that he went for the test after coming in contact with the two UK returnees at a dinner party in Lagos last week.

When asked if money was demanded from him before the test was conducted, Benson refused to open up, instead saying that he does not want unnecessary attention.

While chatting with one of our correspondents on social networking platform, Whatsapp, Benson, who expressed fear of being stigmatised should his story be published, quickly deleted his display photo on his profile.

He was standing with an unidentified person in the photo where both men were wearing tags over their necks.

He said, “I am at home on self-isolation now.

"I had the test at LUTH even though the queue was too long.

“Some of the medical staff I spoke with later advised me to go home and self-isolate.

"They said I should get back to them after 14 days or that in seven days they might call to check my progress.

"I was infected at a dinner party organised for the two men who returned to Nigeria from the UK.

"I went for the test on March 21."

When asked if he had attempted to contact the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control to notify them of his situation and probably seek help, Benson said, “I have called the NCDC lines several times but they are not picking up the call.”

To further give credence to Benson's situation, the NCDC on Thursday night announced 12 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Lagos out of the total 14 detected in the country.

Nigeria now has 65 confirmed cases of the virus and one recorded death.

Testing kits for the virus are being used for politicians and their families while ordinary Nigerians with symptoms of the pandemic are being left to their fates.

Till date, less than 200 persons have been tested for the virus in Nigeria despite Lagos alone having a population of over 20 million persons.

An official of the Nigerian Medical Association told SaharaReporters that the number of confirmed cases declared by NCDC was far below the real figure, adding that there were already hundreds of citizens infected with Coronavirus walking and freely mixing up with others thus increasing the risk of a further spread.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2020/03/26/exclusive-lagos-university-teaching-hospital-sends-away-man-who-tested-positive

One of these two men is Benson. He refused to identify himself for fear of stigmatisation

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Expert17: 6:41am On Mar 27, 2020
angry

God help 9ja.

We are not ready to fight this virus.

I cover my Family with the blood of Jesus.

344 Likes 16 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nbote(m): 6:42am On Mar 27, 2020
Lagos should jus brace itself... D incompetence of dis useless govt would help dis virus spread... One would now begin to wonder why d govt were only audio prepared earlier

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 27, 2020
We all know the virus has spread beyond control in Lagos.
A lot of people already have it but are not showing any symptoms yet.

I had serious fever, eye pain, joint pain and dry cough for three days.

I didn't do any test, all I did was isolate myself from others.

I ate plenty fruits and gave my self three doses of Emal antimalarial injection for three consecutive days.

I'm doing fine now even without any cough mix.
There's no cause for alarm guys.

We're strong enough to handle this.

Government will continue to lie and decieve us. They make decisions behind closed doors and prioritize themselves and the wealthy.

For now, they are willing to attend to only themselves and ignore the ordinary people.
How many ordinary people have been tested positive for coronavirus? None I guess.

Guys wake up and take charge of your life.

We are on our own oooooo

561 Likes 35 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 27, 2020
Sad!!! But Lasuth and Luth are not the same

6 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by oyebanji44: 6:43am On Mar 27, 2020
I don't believe any news coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them because they are sowore' paid reporters.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by AJOBI77(m): 6:44am On Mar 27, 2020
Haaaaaaa! Oh my GOD! If this news is true, then we have long way to go in this country. Haba!
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by etokhana: 6:45am On Mar 27, 2020
DominusPrime:
Sad!!! But Lasuth and Luth are not the same
Corrected Sir....Thanks
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Skyfornia(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2020
Chim
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 27, 2020
etokhana:

Corrected Sir....Thanks
You welcome sir.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by skedman(m): 6:53am On Mar 27, 2020
Who tested him and where was he tested.it is the responsibility of the Lagos State government to take care of him and that is why the different centres were built including in the national stadium
Sahara reporter you are so irresponsible how can you have this information and you did not take this up rather than reporting after the deed has been done .he might have contact with one of your staff

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by oyebanji44: 6:53am On Mar 27, 2020
I don't believe any News coming from Sahara reporters l ignore them. Sowore' paid reporters.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Duru9(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2020
Wahala deh
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Juell(m): 6:57am On Mar 27, 2020
NAIJA! Who do us like this Oooooo..... May God have mercy on us.
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by tuborme: 6:57am On Mar 27, 2020
APC

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Gentlemanforyou: 7:11am On Mar 27, 2020
Fake news

8 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by pyyxxaro: 7:11am On Mar 27, 2020
All those that supported and rigged this APC into power

God go punish all of una oh

Olumo rock would fall on ur testes and nipplees embarassed

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by wyqay: 7:13am On Mar 27, 2020
Lies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by ecstasy357(m): 7:14am On Mar 27, 2020
PLEASE WE ALL SHOULD PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING.

OUR BELOVED COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO TACKLE THIS PANDEMIC.

IT'S BEST WE STAY SAFE, SAVE OURSELVES AND OTHERS.

6 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by DAutoDiagnosis: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2020
It is happening
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by bluecircle470: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2020
And you want me to swallow this... Lies from the pit of hell

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2020
skedman:
Who tested him and where was he tested.it is the responsibility of the Lagos State government to take care of him and that is why the different centres were built including in the national stadium
Sahara reporter you are so irresponsible how can you have this information and you did not take this up rather than reporting after the deed has been done .he might have contact with one of your staff

While chatting with one of our correspondents on social networking platform, Whatsapp,

I guess you did not read the bolded.

21 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by babyfaceafrica: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2020
Next!!
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by babyfaceafrica: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

While chatting with one of our correspondents on social networking platform, Whatsapp,

I guess you did not read the bolded.

That is not a credible means of information.. Whatssap!!.. What if na troll the guy be.. Just wants to spread panic..... They need to see him

11 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

That is not a credible means of information.. Whatssap!!.. What if na troll the guy be.. Just wants to spread panic..... They need to see him

I do not think so. The person is raising an alarm of a possible spread and infection. Made himself known to the correspondent. We should take it seriously.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by apesinola001: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
We all know the virus has spread beyond control in Lagos A lot of people already have it but are not showing any symptoms yet.

I had serious fever, eye pain, joint pain and dry cough for three days.

I didn't do any test, all I did was isolate myself from others.

I ate plenty fruits and gave my self three doses of Emal antimalarial injection for three consecutive days.

I'm doing fine now even without any cough mix.
There's no cause for alarm guys.

We're strong enough to handle this.

Government will continue to lie and decieve us. They make decisions behind closed doors and priorities themselves and the wealthy.

For now, they are willing to attend to only themselves and ignore the ordinary people.
How many ordinary people have been tested positive for coronavirus? None I guess.

Guys wake up and take charge of your life.

We are on our own oooooo

God bless us my brother

10 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by babyfaceafrica: 7:55am On Mar 27, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think so. The person is raising an alarm of a possible spread and infection. Made himself known to the correspondent. We should take it seriously.

The person is raising an alarm of a possible spread and infection. Made himself known to the correspondent.

He is not serious.. You are raising alarm and don't want your identity published because of stigmatization... How can you go to heaven without dying?.. He needs to come out clean and tell all the dailies what is going on.. If he doesn't want to be stigmatized, then he is not ready to help us

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 27, 2020
The question is do luth allowed to do convid 19? I think there is a special team responsible for that. I don't think you can work into luth and have your test done. There is a number to call given my the government. The guy should have taken some pics and conversation so that he will solidify his accusation.

10 Likes

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
All the useless polithiefcians are now self-isolating running away from their responsibilities.
Nawa o
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by DModeCntStopMe: 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
shocked

Where are all the billions that have been dolled out?

Buhari has destroyed everywhere and ran away like a thief

He can only run but can't hide

I pray covid 19 s max pro meets him at that Cuba hospital he eloped to

God please have mercy on us

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by LowerPriceData0(m): 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
cry Disastrously unbelievable!!!
Re: LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR by Graysons: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Why is he in Nigeria in the first place?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? / Woman Gives Birth To A Mystery Baby In Lagos(pictures) / Don’t Make The Mistake I Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.