Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Careers In Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Careers In Programming (1085 Views)

What Made You Pick Interest In Programming / Do Certificates Matter In Programming / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Careers In Programming by Thazard(m): 7:05am On Mar 27, 2020
I've decided to learn computer programming but don't know which career to choose in programming.
Please list some programming careers you can think of e.g data scientist,web designers etc...

Paapii3d
Javanian
progeek37
pjosh1
pajosh
lalasticlala
Re: Careers In Programming by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 27, 2020
Thazard:
I've decided to learn computer programming but don't know which career to choose in programming.
Please list some programming careers you can think of e.g data scientist,web designers etc...

Paapii3d
Javanian
progeek37
pjosh1
pajosh
lalasticlala
Hardware programmers.
Gameplay programmers.
Data Scientists.
Database Administrators.
Network Administrators.
White hat hackers (long journey bro)
Computer Programmers (they design software from very basic to complex. E.g a normal app or a huge game engine or word processor)
Advice learn about four languages (HTML and CSS are not programming languages) I recommend C#, C, C++ and Python. Or replace C with Rust or Swift (GNU have started vexing me with their nonsense compiler).
Re: Careers In Programming by Thazard(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2020
Thanks Ausrichie!
Re: Careers In Programming by spoilerx: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
first ask yourself.

"what would I love to build "?
Re: Careers In Programming by pajosh(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2020
Thazard:

Paapii3d
Javanian
progeek37
pjosh1
pajosh
lalasticlala

Okk.. Have you started already?
Re: Careers In Programming by Thazard(m): 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
pajosh:

Okk.. Have you started already?

No Sir,not yet!
Re: Careers In Programming by pajosh(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Thazard:

No Sir,not yet!

So how do you intend to start .... Let's take a look your plans .. And know the areas you counseling on
Re: Careers In Programming by progeek37(m): 7:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Thazard:

Paapii3d
Javanian
progeek37
pjosh1
pajosh
lalasticlala

If you have not started yet, start now. I recommend starting programming with Java. I mean start to learn how to program a computer first with Java. The tech spectrum is wide, after learning how to program you can choose where to apply your knowledge. If you work night and day for 4 months, you will become a programmer--someone who can issue commands to computer to execute tasks, thereafter you can choose whether you will become a data scientist, web designer/developer, mobile/desktop app developer etc or a combination of them.

(1) (Reply)

Please Review The SPA I'm Building With Angular / Starting A Career As A Software Developer! Beginners Guide / What Programming Language Is This Pls ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.