Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,475 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra (435 Views)

Policewoman Distributes Free Face Masks In Benin / How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra by ComrMayor123: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2020
Business Mogul and Philanthropist, Mr. Valentine Ozigbo has launched a social responsibility Coronavirus Street Awareness Campaign in his home state of Anambra.

The community outreach programme, an initiative of the Chineto Ozigbo Foundation, would begin on Saturday, March 28, 2020 and would take place in over 50 markets in the southeastern state.

In a statement signed by Izuchukwu Oraelosi, the General Manager of the Foundation, he revealed that Mr. Ozigbo is distributing 15,000 bottles of hand sanitizers and educational fliers to market women.

“It has become imperative to create massive awareness about the global pandemic in the wake of the associated dangers and poor information around the virus especially in local communities across Nigeria,” Mr. [X] said. “Our foundation was created to serve our people and this is just one more in the numerous projects we have carried out to empower our people.”

On Tuesday, Ozigbo had urged President Muhammadu Buhari to ‘immediately ban interstate movement’ to curb the spread of COVID-19. Two days later, the country’s information minister, Lai Mohammed, hinted that it was considering implementing the measure.

Mr. Ozigbo, in his high profile intervention had said that Nigeria is ill-prepared for the coronavirus health crisis, adding that “the most vulnerable are citizens who live in villages and local communities where access to basic healthcare is frightfully limited.”

“With over 21,000 dead and over 500,000 infected in this global epidemic, there is a lot of fear and uncertainty in the country right now,” Mr. Ozigbo said. “I believe that right information is a form of defense so we launched this enlightenment campaign to empower our people to take safety measures during this unprecedented crisis.”

“This is the time for corporations, individuals and other private sector actors to take the initiative to support whatever the Government is doing because the Government cannot fight this alone. This is why I am pioneering the Coronavirus Street Awareness Campaign to raise awareness about the disease and distribute free hand sanitizers to citizens in local communities across my home state of Anambra. Every little effort counts,” he said.

Nigeria currently has 70 confirmed cases of coronavirus and public gatherings and markets are being closed across the country.

#VCO
#FightingCoronavirus
#Covid_19FreeAnambra
#StaySafe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra by HeadNigga: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra by Totilopussylick(m): 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2020
Aba made hands sanitizer
Re: Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra by Ammarachi: 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2020
Strong people stand up for themselves, but stronger people stand up for others.

I’m going tell my kid(s) how VCO came through for Humanity,Nigeria particularly Anambra during #COVID-19 global crisis.

Humanity will be kind to you forever sir.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra by ursullalinda(f): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
Thank God people are sharing it free......thou we know some are coded campaign but we careless.......our own is Covid 19 must go.
Re: Covid-19: Valentine Ozigbo Distributes Free Hand Sanitizers In Anambra by lastempero: 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
Oga u want come out 4 something?

(1) (Reply)

Eight Notable Nigerians Who Tested Positive To Coronavirus (picture, Video) / Crystal Healing: Users, Healers And Lovers Of Crystals Let's Meet Here- (photos) / Battling With A Worm(i Think) Moving In My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.