Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92489 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
This is the only transaction notification I got

Description: POS PURCHASE @SER MEZQUITAL Y NAZAS D MX

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lilachiever(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.

389 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
The fraudulent transactions total value is still held in my ledger balance. The strange things is there is no notification receive for the other transactions and they are not in deposit history as well.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Iceyjays(m): 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Don't let this slide away, report to the police and bank also.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Generalnomercy: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Stanbic ibtc bank staff are notorious for stealing customers money that way.

Email Stanbic and copy CBN, Efcc.

They made me close my account with them.

306 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by kyinusa: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Involve CBN also

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by KingMicky3286: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Insider is involved.Debited for what reason?

Since it’s not transferred to another account. Push the case .

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dawnomike(m): 5:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
Write a petition to EFCC ASAP!!!

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2020
Thanks guys.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun please help move to front page

Also guys please help me make it trend on Twitter, I tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dicksonadams/status/1243992529776914435?s=03

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Bluehill1051: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
X

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Do you have an ATM card for this account?

Yes I do but rarely use it... In fact when I saw the debit, my first thought was that I must have lost the atm, I have to go and check under bed where I kept thr atm card and I saw it there

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by abbasajao(m): 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
lilachiever:
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.

Not necessarily. Your card is exposed.
Somebody has gained access to 16 digits of your atm card.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
abbasajao:

I didn't get any email notifications of these transactions apart the 6k+, neither did I get the OTp token before transactions are initiated.

Please what is the way out of this kind of situation

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lilachiever(m): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
abbasajao:

I know what I'm saying sir, bank staffs are always involved.

Sometime last year, I was mugged of my phone in a one chance bus on a Sunday morning. Called my bank CC for hours, no show. When I got to the bank on Monday morning I'd already lost 50,500 to them... They cashed it out by doing TF to a paga agent using my Sim.

How did they do that? You should note that I myself had never been allowed to make USSD TF and there was no ATM linked to the account.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by just2endowed: 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Lanretoye(m): 11:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
I had an experience about 6 years ago with diamond bank,bro lemme tell you the truth,if it is intrabank your bank can only pend your account and the beneficiary account hopefully if the money has not been withdrawn.if it is interbank your bank will only notify the beneficiary’s bank for further actions which in most cases,chances of recovery are very slim.
In my case,after notifying my bank of the transaction of about 320k,I got an alert of 10k as recovery after about 9 months and that’s all.
As a matter of fact,you must have loose your guard one way or the other for such transaction to happen.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by BigBabyJesus: 11:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
Paystack is not safe.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by just2endowed: 12:16am On Mar 29, 2020
Lanretoye:
I had an experience about 6 years ago with diamond bank,bro lemme tell you the truth,if it is intrabank your bank can only pend your account and the beneficiary account hopefully if the money has not been withdrawn.if it is interbank your bank will only notify the beneficiary’s bank for further actions which in most cases,chances of recovery are very slim.
In my case,after notifying my bank of the transaction of about 320k,I got an alert of 10k as recovery after about 9 months and that’s all.
As a matter of fact,you must have loose your guard one way or the other for such transaction to happen.

Did you engage efcc
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by captainking(m): 1:19am On Mar 29, 2020
Sorry about this bro..loosing this kind off funds especially thistrying times is hearrt breaking..
Let me call hoodbillionaire.. He might know a thing or two undecided
It is well bro

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by xtivin2: 1:48am On Mar 29, 2020
You will get your money back, since it's still reflect in ledger. Just give them sometime.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dangoteinlaw: 3:03am On Mar 29, 2020
After god fear wire wire bois

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Collins4u1(m): 6:33am On Mar 29, 2020
BigBabyJesus:
Paystack is not safe.

Says who, don't just say what you don't know.

From the description of the transaction that's a Mexican transaction.

I think they got hold of your BIN and generated card and yours was generated, and they used it for transaction.

Don't come and say it's not possible, e get why!

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by sunshineV(f): 7:33am On Mar 29, 2020
I can swear to u a staff is involved. Reach ur bank, EFCC, police on Twitter asap

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by just2endowed: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2020
Collins4u1:

Says who, don't just say what you don't know.

From the description of the transaction that's a Mexican transaction.

I think they got hold of your BIN and generated card and yours was generated, and they used it for transaction.

Don't come and say it's not possible, e get why!

Hmmm I traced it to Mexico too

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by DonnyE(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2020
My advice is to enter the banking hall shouting at the top of your voice else you won't be taken seriously, or enter there with Sars police and arrest the branch manager. I am 100% sure some1 from the bank had a hand in this.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2020
Yes I am suspecting an insider job. Just pray I can get my money back

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Kokomo: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
hmmm , information likely sold,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by chillex8(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
Yes I am suspecting an insider job. Just pray I can get my money back
Request for your statement of account for one month.
Study the transactions. You might get a hint.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by shadybembe: 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
The money is till pending in your account, the bank should still be able to assist to know what transactions were done most likely an online transaction, try and get your statement of account. From the transactions done, the merchant has not received the money, it is called a lien. The money should be released after 90 days if the merchant does not claim the .money and earlier if the transaction can be proven has failed to the bank. Make a physical appearance to your bank and fill an incidence fund.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dominique(f): 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
This has got to be an inside job

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.