Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora (2138 Views)

Businesses Owned By Nigerians In Diaspora / Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by lucky987: 1:54am On Mar 29, 2020
I am looking for a Bank Account which you can operate in Nigerian naira currency, while abroad/diaspora. Which is the best option as Diaspora Banking Account?
By the way I'm UK based...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 29, 2020
lucky987:
I am looking for a Bank Account which you can operate in Nigerian naira currency, while abroad/diaspora. Which is the best option as Diaspora Banking Account?
I have had wonderful experience using Access bank diaspora account. You might wanna check it out!

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by sholatech(m): 2:12am On Mar 29, 2020
Standard Chartered.
Access Bank.
Gtbank
Stanbic

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by lucky987: 3:07am On Mar 29, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
I have had wonderful experience using Access bank diaspora account. You might wanna check it out!
Thanks, I'm checking them out now! Are they internationally recognised incase of any emergency? And is it possible to transfer to a British bank account or do you think their Domiciliary will enable that?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 4:47am On Mar 29, 2020
lucky987:

Thanks, I'm checking them out now! Are they internationally recognised incase of any emergency? And is it possible to transfer to a British bank account or do you think their Domiciliary will enable that?
They offer both diaspora current account (domiciliary) and diaspora savings account (local). They are internationally recognize and I have not had any issues transferring money from my US account to the diaspora current account (domiciliary). Caveat: It takes about 2-3 business days to complete each transaction. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by Bluehill1051: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2020
UBA

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by legendary4luv(m): 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
I went to Dubai with both access master card and gtbank master card, na only gtbank card dey work. When I lost my Gtb card for dubai na then I know say life hard grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by lucky987: 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
legendary4luv:
I went to Dubai with both access master card and gtbank master card, na only gtbank card dey work. When I lost my Gtb card for dubai na then I know say life hard grin cheesy
Interesting.... grin I read good things about GTb in another post too
Which account type do u use with them?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by lucky987: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
They offer both diaspora current account (domiciliary) and diaspora savings account (local). They are internationally recognize and I have not had any issues transferring money from my US account to the diaspora current account (domiciliary). Caveat: It takes about 2-3 business days to complete each transaction. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the help!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by sholatech(m): 2:46am On Mar 30, 2020
legendary4luv:

Most Access Bank Naira and USD cards are Visacards. Works seemlessly for me in about 7 countries in the past 4 months of travels- POS Payments/ATM card withdrawals. GTbank Mater cards also fine as well.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by Maskyy(m): 10:22am On Apr 04, 2021
sholatech:

Most Access Bank Naira and USD cards are Visacards. Works seemlessly for me in about 7 countries in the past 4 months of travels- POS Payments/ATM card withdrawals. GTbank Mater cards also fine as well.
Hello. Can someone in UK open access bank USD
Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by wealthtrak: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2021
lucky987:
For the UK, use GTBank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank To Open For Nigerians In Diaspora by sholatech(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2021
Maskyy:

Hello. Can someone in UK open access bank USD
Yes you can. For most Nigerian banks really since covid era began remote account opening.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Pay N535000 A Night To Sleep In This Abuja Hotel Room? (photos) / 25 Dirtiest Cities In The World- Port Harcourt ranking 25th / Dubai: Nigerians May Not Have The Opportunity Of Traveling To Dubai Due To Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.