Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Affordable Gis Training! - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Affordable Gis Training! (7569 Views)

GIS Training In Ibadan!!! / Vacancy for the position of GIS experts (URGENT) / Free Gis Training. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Affordable Gis Training! by ujem(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2007
Do u want to be a sought after professional then this is 4 u i just heard that a certain firm is giving a one day seminar / Training session on GIS applications and its use in the oil industry,
the facilitator has worked in a leading geoservices firm in lagos, and he has had first hand experience with GIS
the seminar package comes with free GIS software & tutorial materials plus free lunch,
venue upper crusts on bode thomas surulere.
time 8.00 am
date 15th of june 2007.
course fee is 30,000 naira.
for further enquiries call uj on 08028300486,
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by chimezo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2007
Hi UJ

I' highly interested but the pay is high
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by ibkn(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2007
na wa for our naija brodas ohh.
u mean gis is going to be taught for 30k, i heard bout this company in ikoyi that teaches it for about 800 dollars, so wats d catch,
GIS is the short form for geographic information systems. its highly used in the oil companies as well as telecommunications.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_information_systems
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by elbeyah(f): 8:16am On Jun 07, 2007
what will happen to those people that are in abuja that are also interested? angry
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emmasweet(m): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2007
please, i will like to know the company in ikoyi that trains people for g.i.s,i studied geography and have little knowledge of g.i.s,please help and give me any new information about g.i.s and job offers, thanks so much
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by ibkn(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2007
emmasweet
there is a company in apapa but d last time i checked they were looking for teachers.
try to attend the GIS seminar coming up on 13th july in surulere
at least i know they have teachers as well as materials.
will get back 2 u as per d cost
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by Iretia(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2011
I am holding a FREE GIS training using MapInfo Professional for interested people. I own Spatial Technologies Ltd (STL) - a lucrative GIS and Location base solution provider in Lagos (see http://www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com)

The course is divided into 3modules to provide progress learning.
Module 1. GIS & MapInfo Fundamentals (2days) Cost FREE
Module 2. Advanced Data Manipulation using MapInfo (Duration (2days) Cost FREE
Module 3. Technical & Business Strategic Decision Making Process using MapInfo -a case study of UBA PLC and Zain (2days) Cost FREE

This invitation at this point covers just Module 1. Modules 2 & 3 would be planned based on the response from Module 1

Course Requirement: Each student is expected to be computer literate and ready to try something new and exciting. Previous knowledge of MapInfo and GIS are not required.

Course Target for Module 1: At the end of this section, each student should be able to open a table in a Map Window, browse an attribute table in the browser window, understand the standard tools, perform simple task such as changing the symbols of points, lines, polygons, label a map using a particular field in the attribute table, and finally save and open workspaces

Module 1 Course Outline:
1) Introducing the Basics:
•   MapInfo file and directory structure
•   Saving, copying, and closing
•   Understanding the MapInfo Screen
•   How a map and data are connected
•   View Tools: Zooming, setting map
•   Scale, arranging the map in its window
•   Working with Layers
•   Object size concepts
•   Understanding Workspaces
•   Labeling the map
•   Setting the zoom range
•   Map types: Raster versus Vector

2) Selection in MapInfo:
•   One or several objects by clicking
•   Within a rectangular area
•   Within a circular area of set radius
•   Within a (user-defined) drawn polygon
•   Within the boundary of an area
•   Invert a selection
•   Remove a selection

3) Creating and editing objects in MapInfo:
•   Points of various styles / formats
•   Lines of various patterns and thickness
•   Areas of various fill and boundary style
•   Reposition and reshape
•   Reformat

4) Information tools
•   Distance between points by measuring
•   Object properties
•   Statistics on stored numeric values
•   charts production

The course would be taken by STL's Chief's Technology Officer. The course material would be sent as email atatchment to each student selected by STl for the course.

Venue:
Spatial Technologies Ltd office:
14 Raufu William Crescent, Masha
Surulere, Lagos
Get driving direction from anywhere in Lagos to our Lagos office using our online street map of Lagos  http://www.lagoslocation.com/mapPage.aspx?x=3.35529936&y=6.5939427&z=7&w=150&h=100&f=1

Course Fee: FREE

Joining InstructionThere are ONLY 5 spaces available for Module 1. If you are therefore interested, you need to write and tell me why you should be considered for this training. I will also appreciate a brief background information about you e.g your area of expertise, etc. My email is iretia@spatialtechnologiesltd.com. I can also be reached at ireti.ajala@lagoslocation.com. I promise to acknowledge and reply any mail you send me.

STL will provide FREE snacks and FREE lunch.  At the end of Module 3, you would be given a certificate of attendance and you may be invited to work with STL on a current GIS project as a consultant.

Question1: Why is STL offering MapInfo training that usually cost over £2,500 Free of Charge?
Answer: I thought we should start a MapInfo revolution and introduce more people to the exciting world of GIS and MapInfo at no charge.

Question2: Is STL qualified to undertake a GIS or MapInfo training?
Answer: STL had implemented multi-million naira GIS projects in Nigeria for UBA PLC, Zain, BAT, ICSL, Greenwich Consulting (France), etc. We have won an awad for our GIS projects, etc. Why dont you visit our website to see some of our past projects and achievements.

About me:
Name: Ireti Ajala
Designation: CEO Spatial Technologies Ltd
Total GIS Experience: over 12years
Previous GIS Experience: 5years as head of GIS unit for MTN Nigeria Communication Ltd
Current country of residence: UK

Find me Online:
1. Google Search: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ireti+ajala&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g1g-v2&aql=&oq=
2. My Blog: http://www.lagosstreetmap..com

Re: Affordable Gis Training! by DisGuy: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
excellent offer @iretia especially with a chance to work for the company as well wink

wish I was in Lagos!
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by Iretia(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2011
STL Introduces "Unlocking the Power & Secrets of MapInfo Professional" advanced GIS Training in Lagos, Nigeria

The "Unlocking the power and secrets of MapInfo Professional" course is part of Spatial Technologies Ltd’s (STL) commitment to providing quality hands-on MapInfo Professional and advanced GIS training to the emerging Nigerian GI industry.
The course is designed to bridge the gap between theoretical and practical GIS experience using the compelling power of MapInfo Professional. STL would be using location data about the branches of Zenith bank, dealer (B2B) location data for MTN and Globacom as case studies to assist delegates connect with the course effectively and put it in the right perspective.

STL will provide the following map data for the training.
1. Zenith Bank Branches (Zenith_branches.TAB)
2. UBA Branches (UBA_branches.TAB)
3. GTB Branches (GTB_branches.TAB)
4. First Bank Branches (Firstbank_branches.TAB)
5. Oceanic Bank Branches (Oceanic_branches.TAB)
6. Intercontinental Bank (Intercontinental_branches.TAB)

POINTS OF INTEREST (POI)
1. Markets venue location data (Market.TAB)
2. Restaurants Locations (Restaurant.TAB)
3. Schools Locations (School.TAB)
4. Shopping Mall Locations (ShoppingMall.TAB)
5. MTN Dealer location data across Lagos (MTN_Dealers.TAB)
6. Globacom Dealer location data across Lagos (Globacom_Dealers.TAB)

OTHER MAP LAYERS
1. Lagos Street map (Lagos_Road.TAB)
2. Lagos Landuse Map(Lagos_Landuse.TAB)
3. Lagos LGA with Demographic details (LagosLGA_Census.TAB)
4. Lagos Towns (Lagos_Suburb.TAB)

Required Previous Experience: Each student is expected to have a good knowledge of database, simple SQL scripting and a working knowledge of MapInfo Prodessional software.

Target: Much of the reason you use MapInfo Professional is to perform geographic analyses on your data with the aim of making strategic decisions. This course would take a look at some sophisticated GIS analyses that illustrate practical ways MapInfo Professional can be integrated into business decision making process. MapInfo Professional can be useful in understanding patterns and spread in a way that will be difficult using only spreadsheet. At the end of this course, delegates would know more about using MapInfo Professional to conduct market analysis, competitive analysis, Customer Management/Targeting. The course also contains 2 practical workbooks to be undertaken by each delegate to gain practical experience in using GIS to make informed business and strategic decisions.

Course Description

1. Market Research: MapInfo Professional allows you to analyze your market area. If you are a business strategist or a business decision maker in Nigeria, the future of your organization depends on the decisions you make today. The key to smart decisions is putting accurate, relevant business to business market research and business data into the right business context. The application of GIS in Nigerian businesses has grown rapidly in the recent years. This course would help the delegates identify the critical success factors that can be focused on to improve the performance of the worst performing sales outlets using the power of geography for a typical business

Workbook 1:
This section of the course would use the geographic spread of Zenith Bank branches as a case study. Each delegate would be able to undertake a practical geographic analysis that investigates the existence of a correlation between the geographic spread of Zenith Bank branches and grocery market venues across Lagos.

(STL will provide the geographic location of existing Zenith Bank branches and of grocery market venues across Lagos for this project)

2. Competitive Analysis: Understanding how competing brands position themselves can allow retailers to learn from their mistakes and successes, and act in a distinctive and powerful way. More importantly by understanding where the competitors are located can provide a powerful tool to stay ahead of the competition. This course would therefore assist delegates to explore what geographic comparative analyses for typical business markets should include to assist businesses in Nigeria to position themselves better.

Workbook 2: The Nigerian telecom industry is one of the most competitive industries in Africa. Operators use a network of sales and product Business-to-Business distribution channels to get products to the Nigerian consumers. Delegates would be conducting a geographic comparative analysis of MTN and Globacom distribution networks to gain insight into how GIS can be used to investigate the strenghts and weakenesses of each distribution channel and identifying opportunities for channel optimisation.

(STL will provide the geographic location of B2Bs making up both MTN and Globacom distribution channels for this analysis. The B2B location data was gathered from an extensive field geo-market research project conducted by STL in 2010 across Lagos )

Specific skills required for the above analyses which would be covered in the training include the followings:

1. SQL Selection through queries:
-Whole textual entry in the data
-Partial textual entry (wildcards)
-Numeric values in the data
-Length or area of a map object
-More than one aspect concurrently

2. GIS Analysis -Thematic mapping:
-Shade areas
-Size of points
-Thickness of lines
-Two layers at once
-Mini-charts to compare values
-Redistricting for presentation

3. Output and printing:
-Copy-paste techniques
-Create Layout windows

4. Data Manipulation:
-Creating new tables from scratch
-Importing external data (Microsoft Excel & Access)
-Creating new fields
-Use of various field types
-Table "packing"
-Simple calculation from existing fields

5. Database Management:

-Understanding spatial database management system
-Creating ODBC from MapInfo to Oracle
-Making a DBMS table map-able
-Selection using SQL

Dietary requirements : [/b]This course includes lunch as well as mid morning and afternoon refreshments for each day. We are happy to cater for vegetarians and those with other dietary requirements, providing we have advance notification.

[b]Opening hours:
9:00am - 4:45pm on training days.

Date: February 3 & 4, 2012 (2days)

Internet access: Delegates can use the internet or check webmail on a dedicated machine in the Spatial Technologies Ltd reception area.

Trainer : Our trainer will guide you through the functionality of MapInfo Professional; offering you help, advice and tips to improve your efficiency along the way. This course is 100% custom developed by STL's experienced GIS instructor who has 8+ years experience using and teaching MapInfo Professional

Car parking: There is ample free car parking on site.

Attendance Cost: N15,000

Enquiry: 0802 392 4832

How to Regsiter: Send an email to: info@spatialtechnologiesltd.com

Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Learn GIS in ibadan in Spatial Centre for GIS Training Ltd. You will be trained on how to operate Gis softwares such as ArcGis, IDRISI Terrset, Smart GIS Editor, and also learn how to create topographic maps and 3D elevation map using SURFER. You can enroll for a month (20,000), 2 months (40,000) or 3 months (60,000). Its affordable and what you will learn is more than the amount you will pay.

Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
For your GIS training and analysis,contact me on 08106244065.a month 20k, 2 months 40k,3 months 60k.for online training, a month 10k, 2 months 20k, 3 months 30k
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index) including blender for environment modelling.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.

Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2020
Learn different aspect In GIS.u will have the opportunity to be trained on different GIS softwares such as ARCGIS,QGIS,Surfer,Global mapper,Smart GIS editor and Idrisi Terrset.
Training areas:
Introduction to GIS (course work)
Georeferencing
Digitizing
How to download ur data
How to input ur data into excel
How to link ur data into Arcgis and Qgis environment
Introduction to Google earth
Network analysis (service area,cost matrix and location allocation )
Hotspot analysis (heatmap)
Terrain analysis
Contour creation
Stream extraction
Vector and raster analysis
Image classification
NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index
Get d best in CENTER FOR GEOSPATIAL SCIENCE AND 3D GRAPHICS DESIGN LTD.
There will be certificate at d end of ur training..........
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.physical training 40k and online training 7k
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training 40k

Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis, Qgis, idrisi terrset, Google earth, smartGIs editor, Global mapper and surfer. Analysis performed Include image classification, creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps, thematic maps(population map, election map etc), NDVI, NDWI, time mapping, Geocoding, land cover forecast. etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training now 40k......Location, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State.
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis, Qgis, idrisi terrset, Google earth, smartGIs editor, Global mapper and surfer. Analysis performed Include image classification, creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps, thematic maps(population map, election map etc), NDVI, NDWI, time mapping, Geocoding, land cover forecast. etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training now 40k.Geospatial Science Enterprise
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
A GIS online training which runs for 7k now for as low as 2k.this runs from January 4 to January ending...join d WhatsApp link below to join d group where d training will hold.
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GLuk3xOWvq9GoyEi6cPfp0

Or call me on 08106244065 to add u up to the WhatsApp group
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
A GIS online training which runs for 7k now for as low as 2k.this runs from January 4 to January ending...join d WhatsApp link below to join d group where d training will hold.
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GLuk3xOWvq9GoyEi6cPfp0

Or call me on 08106244065 to add u up to the WhatsApp group
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 8:36am On Jan 08, 2021
Get d best GIS (Geographic information system) training..u will ive d opportunity to learn different things like NDWI(normalized difference water index),NDVI (Normalized difference vegetation index),Time mapping, 3d mapping, georeferencing,digitizing,Geocoding,watershed delineation, stream extraction, digitizing in google earth, image classification, land cover mapping, land change modeler and celulla automata/Markov chain for land cover forecast/prediction, creation of web map(Qgis2web),map publishing (Qgis cloud),preparation of data,buffering analysis, service area analysis, cost path,location allocation analysis, contour mapping etc..... U will also have d opportunity to use different GIS software's such as ArcGis,Qgis,surfer,idrisi terrset,Global mapper,smartGIS, SAS planet,map puzzle etc... Online training 7k, physical training 40k.call 08106244065
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
Get d best GIS (Geographic information system) training..u will ive d opportunity to learn different things like NDWI(normalized difference water index),NDVI (Normalized difference vegetation index),Time mapping, 3d mapping, georeferencing,digitizing,Geocoding,watershed delineation, stream extraction, digitizing in google earth, image classification, land cover mapping, land change modeler and celulla automata/Markov chain for land cover forecast/prediction, creation of web map(Qgis2web),map publishing (Qgis cloud),preparation of data,buffering analysis, service area analysis, cost path,location allocation analysis, contour mapping etc..... U will also have d opportunity to use different GIS software's such as ArcGis,Qgis,surfer,idrisi terrset,Global mapper,smartGIS, SAS planet,map puzzle etc... Online training 7k, physical training 40k
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
GIS can be applied to various fields such as agriculture, hydrology, land cover projection, database management etc....learn d best GIS from Geospatial science enterprise....we offer both online training and physical training..... Software's to be taught include ArcGis, Qgis,Surfer, Idrisi Terrset and SAS planet...online training 12k, physical training 40k.....Get d best GIS training....call 08106244065
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by emak1991: 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2021
Get your best GIS (Geographic information system) training from Geospatial science enterprise.....And also get certified at the end of the training exercise......Get trained in various GIS softwares such as ARCGIS, QGIS, Surfer, IdrisiTerrset, Google earth, map puzzle and blenderGIS......We offer both physical training and online training......GIS can be applied to any field of discipline....Agriculture, hydrology, environmental monitoring, database management etc.... Physical training 40k, Online training 12k.......Call 08106244065 for more information.. Get the best GIS training.

Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
Get your best GIS (Geographic information system) training from Geospatial science enterprise.....And also get certified at the end of the training exercise......Get trained in various GIS softwares such as ARCGIS, QGIS, Surfer, IdrisiTerrset, Google earth, map puzzle and blenderGIS......We offer both physical training and online training......GIS can be applied to any field of discipline....Agriculture, hydrology, environmental monitoring, database management etc.... Physical training 40k, Online training 12k.......Call 08106244065 for more information.. Get the best GIS training.
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Register for your training in GIS (Geographic Information System) and get certified (Government Approved) at Center for Geospatial Science and 3D Graphics Design Ltd, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria.. Our services include getting projects work done in GIS for Students, Cooperate organizations and Government parastatals. We offer both physical training and online training. Physical training 45k, Online training 20k... For more information, contact us on the following contacts... Instagram @akinwaleemmanuel2, email @ akinwaleemmanuel55@gmail.com, Phone number @ +2348106244065, +2347089382284
Re: Affordable Gis Training! by akin1991: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
Register for your training and get ur map works done in GIS (Geographic Information System) and get certified (Government Approved) at Center for Geospatial Science and 3D Graphics Design Ltd, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria.. Our services include getting projects work done in GIS for Students, Cooperate organizations and Government parastatals. We offer both physical training and online training. Physical training 45k, Online training 20k... For more information, contact us on the following contacts... Instagram @akinwaleemmanuel2, email @ akinwaleemmanuel55@gmail.com, Phone number @ +2348106244065, +2347089382284

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toefl/gre/gmat/sat/ielts Training In Abuja / IT CERTIFICATION DUMPS/QUESTIONS / Autocad Electrical Training in Lagos Island and Lagos Mainalnd, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.