Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,564 members, 7,850,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (13256 Views)

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by budaatum: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rozz:
Learn to differentiate between individual characters and Religion. A pastor or an imam can make mistakes but their actions does not represent the Religion
2 like for you!

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 12:11am On Apr 19, 2020
budaatum:

2 like for you!

undecided

If it were only the pastors and religious leaders that were bad, the excuse would have been relevant.

However, the holy books are riddled with inhumane laws

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by budaatum: 12:27am On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

undecided

If it were only the pastors and religious leaders that were bad, the excuse would have been relevant.

However, the holy books are riddled with inhumane laws
You know the bit where it says "Thou shalt not steal"? I'd say it's the simplest law in the Bible, apart from "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat". How many people do you see obeying those laws?

And how many do you see following the inhumane laws?
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 12:33am On Apr 19, 2020
budaatum:

You know the bit where it says "Thou shalt not steal"? I'd say it's the simplest law in the Bible, apart from "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat". How many people do you see obeying those laws?

And how many do you see following the inhumane laws?

You have no point.

The bible classify wives and slaves as the property of the master.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

The bible, especially the old testament is riddled with barbaric laws and violence.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by budaatum: 12:36am On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

You have no point.

The bible classify wives and slaves as the property of the master.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

The bible, especially the old testament is riddled with barbaric laws and violence.
And you see lots of people who read the Bible and therefore classify their wives as their slaves? Where?
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2020
budaatum:

And you see lots of people who read the Bible and therefore classify their wives as their slaves? Where?

33b As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by budaatum: 1:41am On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

33b As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.
When you went to church, did you find the women were silent, not permitted to speak and in submission?

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2020
budaatum:

When you went to church, did you find the women were silent, not permitted to speak and in submission?

Lol.....women are not allowed to lead catholic mass.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
But in religion you don't have choice, otherwise you will be able to leave whenever you want.
In which religion?

1 Like

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Anas09:

In which religion?

Christianity. Islam.

Both claim that if you leave, you burn in hell.

Islam just takes it a little further by killing apostates
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Christianity. Islam.

Both claim that if you leave, you burn in hell.

Islam just takes it a little further by killing apostates
Are you certain of what you're saying?

Wld you mind explaining this to me?

Joshua 24:15
But if you don't want to worship the LORD, then choose here and now! Will you worship the same idols your ancestors did? Or since you're living on land that once belonged to the Amorites, maybe you'll worship their gods. I won't. My family and I are going to worship and obey the LORD!

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. ~~~And whosoever will,~~~ let him take the water of life freely.

I need you to post incidents where anyone in the Bible was killed for failing to follow Jesus.

If you skip this I never take you seriously henceforth
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Horus:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11285117_6062be289dc24f039ee8a7c779ea03b9_jpeg_jpegc2ae11960cae6236a831ea82429e5a96
Daddy Freeze, many pastors have rolled out Billions to fees the hungry, I have had my ears to the ground waiting to hear how much you have rolled out aside from mouth.

Men are know for their deeds not words. You talk too much.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 11:35am On Apr 23, 2020
Jman06:
You are just beating about the bush in a simple matter that is as straightforward as A..B..C. You Christians try to twist things around just to make your God relevant at all cost! Your bible said it that God is the creator of everything on earth and must have been responsible for creation of viruses as well--including corona virus. But one of you zealots I quoted earlier said that corona wasn't created by God but by some Chinese atheists! And these atheists according to your bible were also created by God. If those atheists were created by God, common logic means that God is responsible for corona virus! Why are you trying to absolve him

Ah, I have seen retards, but you bit them all to it.
Because God is your creator and you are a thief so that makes God a thief?

Where will I start educating you this over intelligent atheist?

Are you a Human being with the ability to descern between good and bad?

Do you have Volition as an ability? Can you Will to or not to do somethings?

This, page is callwd called RESPONSIBLY.

How many times have you had sex with your mother or sisters? You haven't? Why not?

I can't imagine that you can reason like this.

I think you need help.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Born2Freak:

If prayers worked, you wouldn't be a mentally unstable person who everyone calls AnAss
Lol. A dead child you are.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Anas09:

Are you certain of what you're saying?

Wld you mind explaining this to me?

Joshua 24:15
But if you don't want to worship the LORD, then choose here and now! Will you worship the same idols your ancestors did? Or since you're living on land that once belonged to the Amorites, maybe you'll worship their gods. I won't. My family and I are going to worship and obey the LORD!

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. ~~~And whosoever will,~~~ let him take the water of life freely.

I need you to post incidents where anyone in the Bible was killed for failing to follow Jesus.

If you skip this I never take you seriously henceforth

What is the meaning of this epistle?

Madam, what is the reward for someone like me who rejects your God and religion?

Is it not hell?

So why are you trying to act as if there is a choice in christianity. It is either "God or suffer eternally". Which is not a choice.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

What is the meaning of this epistle?

Madam, what is the reward for someone like me who rejects your God and religion?

Is it not hell?

So why are you trying to act as if there is a choice in christianity. It is either "God or suffer eternally". Which is not a choice.
Oh, so it's you who rejected God? I thought you said since God created you, your rejection of God is God rejecting Himself?

Have you seen how stupid you sound?

Pikin, how can you say 'God or...' and still say you have no choice?
If you said God and nothing else, then, there wouldn't be a choice. But you said 'Either God 'Or'. If you add 'Or' then you have an alternative.

Did you do basic elementary English Language atol?
Here is your choice;

Deuteronomy 30:15-20 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

You have a choice and you have made it. Stop being stupid
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
He's one of those atheists that believes in the bigbang.
What kind are you?
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Adakintroy2:

Enlightenment is killing God- neistzche
And he died.Raving mad. But, God is here. Hahahahahaahaha. They will all die one by one. Regrettably, it is the same God they shall all stand before to give accounts of their lives on earth. Lolzzzzz

2 Likes

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Anas09:

And he died.Raving mad. But, God is here. Hahahahahaahaha. They will all die one by one. Regrettably, it is the same God they shall all stand before to give accounts of their lives on earth. Lolzzzzz

There is no heaven or hell
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Adakintroy2:
Enlightenment is killing God- neistzche
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
So your point quoting Neistzche is what?

Neistzche, who doesnt mean God who had actually died, but rather is talking about, that our idea(s), your idea of God, that is killing God, if not as far as some are concerned is, isnt dead already or never ever being in existent, lol
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
There certainly is Heaven and Lake of fire, lol
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
There certainly is Heaven and Lake of fire, lol

If there is a lake of fire, all your ancestors are there burning. All your ancestors who rejected the religion of the white colonizer. Those who stood proud of their heritage.

Religion, especially christianity is a joke
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MuttleyLaff: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
If there is a lake of fire, all your ancestors are there burning. All your ancestors who rejected the religion of the white colonizer. Those who stood proud of their heritage.

Religion, especially christianity is a joke
Nope, judgment hasnt started yet. Asides that, they are going to give account of themselves, their words, their thoughts, their deeds, their actions and/or inaction etcetera based on any religion of the white colonist(s) or white colonizers, lol, if that's your preference.

I am proud of my heritage, as much as I am proud of what God came to do universally for the world through the person of Yahushua Ha Maishaich aka Jesus Christ.

I can't agree more with you that Christianity is a joke, lol. I concur without demur.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

So said Friedrick Nietzsche.
If there is no heaven or hell, they wont be life and death. Just Nietzsche, you too will find out soon.

AntiChrist is forcing himself on earth before time. Not to worry, it wont be long again, you shall know whether or not there's heaven ans hell.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Nope, judgment hasnt started yet. Asides that, they are going to give account of themselves, their words, their thoughts, their deeds, their actions and/or inaction etcetera based on any religion of the white colonist(s) or white colonizers, lol, if that's your preference.

I am proud of my heritage, as much as I am proud of what God came to do universally for the world through the person of Yahushua Ha Maishaich aka Jesus Christ.

I can't agree more with you that Christianity is a joke, lol. I concur without demur.

Weren't people already with the lord in heaven according to some bible verses?

Do non-catholics now believe in purgatory? Where are the dead resting if they havent been judged yet?

Guy, you are just contradicting your religion up and down.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Anas09:

So said Friedrick Nietzsche.
If there is no heaven or hell, they wont be life and death Just Nietzsche, you too will find out soon.

AntiChrist is forcing himself on earth before time. Not to worry, it wont be long again, you shall know whether or not there's heaven ans hell.

@bold;

The argument does not follow. Heaven and hell make life meaningless. Imagine a baby dies, does it go back to heaven?

1. If the answer is "yes", then God has just wasted his time creating that baby and we should have all died as babies.

2. If the answer is "no", then God is a heartless douchebag
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

@bold;

The argument does not follow. Heaven and hell make life meaningless. Imagine a baby dies, does it go back to heaven?

1. If the answer is "yes", then God has just wasted his time creating that baby and we should have all died as babies.

Yes, a baby goes back to God just like every souls does.

Hahahahahahaha. Chai, oga how old are you abeg? No vex o. Wonderful shocked. Have you ever heard that there's life after death just like it is on earth? The children who die here grow up to adulthood in heaven sir. Kai.

I read a testimony of a man who died and went to heaven, he saw his daughter who died at 3months old. His wife died not long before him. His daughter and his wife were together. The girl had crown to adulthood. She recognized him, but he didn't know who she was. He came back to his body and today we know how things are like over there

The little demon in you is so frustrated. But, hey! It doesn't matter how hateful the demon through you is, you and it shall end in hell.
I only feel for you.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Anas09:

Yes, a baby goes back to God just like every souls does.

Hahahahahahaha. Chai, oga how old are you abeg? No vex o. Wonderful shocked. Have you ever heard that there's life after death just like it is on earth? The children who die here grow up to adulthood in heaven sir. Kai.

I read a testimony of a man who died and went to heaven, he saw his daughter who died at 3months old. His wife died not long before him. His daughter and his wife were together. The girl had crown to adulthood. She recognized him, but he didn't know who she was. He came back to his body and today we know how things are like over there.

The little demon in you is so frustrated. But, hey! It doesn't matter how hateful the demon through you is, you and it shall end in hell.
I only feel for you.

Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

In other words, you are more intelligent than I am? You reason like a 3yrs old child, yet you are told you are more intelligent than a believer in God.

I actually feel sorry for you.
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by Anas09: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

@bold;

Heaven and hell makes life meaningless? So nothingness before birth, and nothingness after death makes life meaningful?
Pls humour me. How? What is the meaning of your life?
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Anas09:

In other words, you are more intelligent than I am? You reason like a 3yrs old child, yet you are told you are more intelligent than a believer in God.

I actually feel sorry for you.

Unlike you, I dont believe in foolish and childish things like;

1. Zombie god; Jesus died and came back with holes in his decaying hands

2. Talking snake; the serpent devil who told Eve to eat the forbidden fruit

3. Ghosts; the ghost of Samuel revived by the witch of Endor

4. Witches; the witch of Endor
Re: The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity by MacCantStopMe: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Anas09:

Heaven and hell makes life meaningless? So nothingness before birth, and nothingness after death makes life meaningful?
Pls humour me. How? What is the meaning of your life?

Death is the only true meaning in life. It is the only absolute in life. For everything that lives must surely die.

Death gives life meaning. This is because death puts a timer on life; a countdown clock for people to do something before they die.

Eternal life is a useless life. When you have time to do anything, there is no rush for anything. There is enough time to do nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Manual, Sunday 7th May,2017 / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.