Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus (1108 Views)

7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol / To Know This As A Christian Will Solve All Of Your Problems / No True Christian Will Marry A Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by mindtricks: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2020
wahoom:
I just want us to debate on this topic because there are so many religious people in Nigeria that would rather choose to die than take alcohol and even back their decision with relevant bible references.

You never can tell, WHO can come out tomorrow to declare alcohol as a vaccine to corona virus.

As a devoted Christain that doesn't take alcohol because its against your faith, if it comes to a matter of life and death, will you take it to stay alive.

Mod please move to front page, let's debate on this.

Thanks?

What's the big deal?
If it is the cure, then it is a drug not just an intoxicating drink. Many drugs today contain similar addictive substances in the right proportions and they are used to treat illnesses. No big deal, unless one wants to be too religious.
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by wahoom(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2020
mindtricks:

What's the big deal?
If it is the cure, then it is a drug not just an intoxicating drink. Many drugs today contain similar addictive substances in the right proportions and they are used to treat illnesses. No big deal, unless one wants to be too religious.

Oga, its a big dealz there are some very religious people that won't take it even if it will cost them their life
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Toxay(m): 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
Righteousness89:

NO! I will not

Alcohol is widely used in medicine and the pharmaceutical industry and a lot of your medications would include alcohol.

You are just ignorant and that's why it is important to educated
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by karo93: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
wahoom:

I'm a very committed christian and I do take alcohol occasionally, so my answer is YES.

I got admission into a bible school couple of years ago and one of the question I was asked during the entrance exam was if I take alcohol and the past time I did, of course my reply was yes and I told them I took it about a month ago, I thought that will cost me the admission but surprisingly I still made the cut.

Especially as a committed christian that you claim, you should be able to draw the line between what is right, what is wrong and the things that are not wrong but will stain christianity....

1 Cor 8.8- 12..... there are things we avoid not because the bible explicitly said so but because they can be a stumbling block to Christianity....

I only responded because of your claims of being committed and your attendance at a bible school.... Your claims prove that you are in a position to be a stumbling block to others, so be careful..... its not all about you but about the people that look up to you and believe that you have a better understanding of God than they do.

I am not even impressed that the said Bible school didnt even try to repackage your idea about alcohol.

Alcohol and committed christian should not be used in the same sentence. Alcohol wont make you less of a Christian but it makes it obvious that you are not committed.

Dont get me wrong; If alcohol is a drug, it should be taken for whatever illness.
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by wahoom(m): 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
karo93:

Especially as a committed christian that you claim, you should be able to draw the line between what is right, what is wrong and the things that are not wrong but will stain christianity....

1 Cor 8.8- 12..... there are things we avoid not because the bible explicitly said so but because they can be a stumbling block to Christianity....

I only responded because of your claims of being committed and your attendance at a bible school.... Your claims prove that you are in a position to be a stumbling block to others, so be careful..... its not all about you but about the people that look up to you and believe that you have a better understanding of God than they do.

I am not even impressed that the said Bible school didnt even try to repackage your idea about alcohol.

I'm not here to impress you or anybody, I live a very transparent lifestyle, I am not claiming perfection.
Do you want me to lie?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by karo93: 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
wahoom:

I'm not here to impress you or anybody, I live a very transparent lifestyle, I am not claiming perfection.
Do you want me to lie?

Not at all.....i admire your candour. You just cant use the words committed christian and bible school graduate to give credibility and legality to your opinion about alcohol....

That is what i am speaking against.....
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by karo93: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
wahoom:

Do you want me to lie?

You may not have realised it but those claims of very committed christian and bible school graduate are very close to claims of perfection....

Its like saying; I am a very senior, mature and experienced christian so you shouldnt take what i am saying lightly in addition my claims are enorsed and supported by a bible school i attended.

I wont mind if its just you.....but you brought too much authority and credibility to bear on your point and that could throw stumbling blocks in the paths of many other Christians

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by mindtricks: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2020
wahoom:

Oga, its a big dealz there are some very religious people that won't take it even if it will cost them their life
That one na their problem na.
Make person no go drink Panadol for another person headache. They don't want to see it the way it is.You even said it yourself that they are "very religious". Remember the Pharisees of those days. I think even Jehovah"s witness refuse blood transfusion.
Even weeds are used in making drugs which those religious folks take sometimes without even knowing the content.
The main problem with those substances is misuse, abuse and addiction.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by ClassicMan202(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2020
mindtricks:

See your head like you dey pray make e kukuma become the cure. If that finally happens, I know your type stay drunk all day tongue grin .

My brother.... Make the day come first
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by mindtricks: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2020
ClassicMan202:

My brother.... Make the day come first

Dreams come true.
Keep on dreaming bro. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Existence Of Jesus: History Vs The Word / Churches Now Employing Security. Where Is God's Protection? / Is Polygamy Accepted In Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.