Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic (67516 Views)

Anambra Landlady Pours Hot Water Mixed With Pepper On Tenant Over Rent / Man Arrested For Brutalizing His Housemaid Over Sex In Rivers State / “rich” Man Begs For Dear Life After Being Mobbed For Brutalizing A “poor” Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Excuzeme: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
kosi2018:

you must be a heartless fellow, so she should be killed because she is owing rent?. the rent that will still be paid. Pls before you comment put yourself in the person's position.

She is not owing rent!
She refused to pay for electricity used in pumping water that she is using.
Whenever she is ready to pay for electricity, that is when she should use the electricity and water it is used to pump.
EKDC does not wait or allow you use light until you have money, they cut you off.
So, according to you Mr. Do-Good, others in that house who have paid for electricity should suffer and not get water to use, because one fool think she is smarter than everybody else, right?

Just look at the woman (assuming she is the one in the picture), does she look like someone who cannot pay for electricity, if she makes it a priority over Weavon and doing nails or ear rings?
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Excuzeme: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
dominique:

If you understand how the story was composed, you'd know the house is running on prepaid meters. Each apartment is responsible for it's own power consumption. In a situation where there's a general appliance like pumping machine which the entire house benefits from, they should have either 1. Connect it to it's own separate meter and or 2. Connect it to landlord's meter and agree on contributing money to buy units or 3.in case the landlord is not living in the building, they shouldn't connect it to one of the tenant's meter and contribute towards buying units. The landlord connecting the pumping machine to a tenant's meter expecting her to pay for water the entire building is using is totally wrong and the woman had every right to contest it. When she refused buying prepaid units, her power got cut off but the other apartments had light, how did that inconvenience anybody? It was the landlord disconnecting her water (which was also wrong) that caused the commotion leading to the attack.

If the story happened exactly as narrated, the landlord and his wife were wrong in all fronts and deserve to pay dearly for what they did to that lady

You have mixedup the whole story! grin
They dont cut your light if you are using prepaid Meter. The fact that the EKDC came to remove the light, as stated in the story, shows that she is not on Prepaid Meter.
You dont buy credits, you dont get Power. NoPay, No Use.
Was the tenant paying for electricity? NO. Doe sshe deserve to use Elelctricity or water it was used to Pump? NO.

Every other thing that derived form there, is based on the above.

The reason white societies are successful and progressing than ours is because they dont allow freebies, you use it, you pay for it otherwise, you wont get it~!
Go and enter their train or tram and dont pay and see what will happen to you, if they catch you.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by softdude47(m): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Some people are heartless

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Excuzeme: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Carfreak966:
But why park into a compound and you know the rent or electricity bill will be heavy for you to pay. Personally I can’t rent a house I will not be able to raise the rent between 2-3 months.

He has the right to disconnect the water. It was as a result of she not paying the light was cut off.

Most tenants, especially women, only border about the first rent installment and dont think about subsequent ones.
For some, it is their boyfriend of the moment that pays that first year and if things fall apart and he leaves, then she cant pay again! Trouble don start be that.
For others, they take a lot of time to save the first payment or they run into some "bonus money" (like lottery or some jackpot) and they think they are big enough to live above their means, in a flat! After first installment, they have no plans to pay any further!

I am nice to my tenants and l try to make them as comforable as l can, l will even assist them at times but they know that by one month to the end of their current rent, if they dont quickly renew it by transferring the cash for the next year, the next thing will be Quit Notice.
I have ready-made Notice on Quick-dial and l have perfected ways to effect as quickly as the law permit.
Everyone has their electricity Prepaid Meter and the Pumping Machine for water is on another Meter which l buy Credits for by myself but their Pipes are on differen, individual Valves from mine so that if any one of them doesnot pay for Utility, that water Valve will just turn by itself and no one have access to where these things are except me, Baba Landlord.
If you behave yourself and do your own part, you will really enjoy my house (clean, neat, full of amenities, just park-in and enjoy) if you think say you get crase, please waka before l descend trouble on you o, if na thug, l get for my area (as area father), if na Police or Army, dem full my hand, SARS sef join and if na Court, l pay my lawyer retainership on monthly basis, he is so eager to prove his worth anytime the need arise and na really smart lawyer l dey retain, no be all those dirty old Charge-and-bail.

If you cant afford a three bed, please scale down to a Mini Flat or Room and Parlour, when you time comes, you can scale back up.
But to think you can be living on others and free-loading, e nor go work o.
One useless Tenant manage to hack into my Internet network, thinking he is smart! (I think he got the passcode from my youngest son that he plays with, at times).
When l bombarded his system with Virus and locked his files with ransomeware, l heard him crying that he has lost all his data and office files to hacking, l just dey laugh and advice him not to connect to public wifi because most of them are terrible.
Both of us did not confess what we did behind.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ann524: 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
whatsapp o
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by NaBanga: 12:17am On Mar 31, 2020
They are Animals in clothing. I know so many who are imitating the West in appearance, but are mentally in the wilderness.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ngah: 12:20am On Mar 31, 2020
throw the landlords them in jail and throw away the key. this is barbaric,,,
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by grandstar(m): 2:43am On Mar 31, 2020
I'm 99% sure the landlord will go scotfree
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by correctguy2010: 3:47am On Mar 31, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

But some tenants can be so wicked, you didn't pay, you don't want them to disconnect your light.

You want to keep enjoying where you did not sow.

Is that not wickedness.

See what you caused yourself.

When you get well, try and pay before you pack out.

What the Bleep is Coronavirus waiting for before hitting this idiot?
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by correctguy2010: 3:51am On Mar 31, 2020
grandstar:
I'm 99% sure the landlord will go scotfree
Don't be too sure, that lady could know someone who can deal mercilessly with the landlord and his wife.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Farmerrules: 5:34am On Mar 31, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by ABOVEDELAW: 6:03am On Mar 31, 2020
JUST SHUT UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY WHEN INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ARE TALKING .
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

But some tenants can be so wicked, you didn't pay, you don't want them to disconnect your light.

Is that not wickedness.

Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Efegoma(m): 6:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Chaiii corona virus frustration.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Glink2018(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2020
6digitscomrade:
bailable in a shithole ur mentality and attitude is local to animal republics .. In saner climes jail term is as certain as December 25th.. causing serious bodily harm plus premeditation ensures that.. u must harbour a lot of bile and vile in u to orchestrate such barbaric attack..

I appreciate your use of grammar. But we are talking about common sense and what the law says. And common sense is not common.
It takes two adults that lack the common sense to resolve to physical combating probably in the presence of their children.
See, I'm just saying it as is it. There is not sympathy attach. For every foolishness and wisdom, there is a price attached. And for every good and evil one do, there is a price attached.
The tenant has paid the price of scars on her face while the landlord will paid the price of detention for a while and pay for her bail.
Guy, it's not by force to stay in shylock landlord and its not adjustable to become a human rights activist in somebody's house. Whenever I'm facing an uncomfortable situation with either my landlord or some wicked tenant(s), then I will prepare myself to leave the house.
Bible says blessed are the peacemakers.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by middlebelter(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:
shocked

Chineke.

Words fail me.

Is that not wickedness.

That a tenant is not paying bill is not a reason for any landlord to brutalize the tenant . Perhaps you didn't examine the extent of the injury inflicted on her. She will eventually pay the bill but can the injury by reversed. The landlord's wife is probably a ritualistic for her to be inflict this type of injury on fellow human being.

Will you allow/ support any landlord to inflict this type on wound on any of your brother or sister for owing bill. This type of evil should not be supported by normal human being.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by dominique(f): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2020
Excuzeme:

You have mixedup the whole story! grin
They dont cut your light if you are using prepaid Meter. The fact that the EKDC came to remove the light, as stated in the story, shows that she is not on Prepaid Meter.
You dont buy credits, you dont get Power. NoPay, No Use.
Was the tenant paying for electricity? NO. Doe sshe deserve to use Elelctricity or water it was used to Pump? NO.

Every other thing that derived form there, is based on the above.

The reason white societies are successful and progressing than ours is because they dont allow freebies, you use it, you pay for it otherwise, you wont get it~!
Go and enter their train or tram and dont pay and see what will happen to you, if they catch you.

Point out where IKEDC was specifically written in the post. Her power got disconnected when she refused to buy prepaid units thus affecting the pumping machine. The landlord disconnected the machine from her apartment meter and connected it to his but blocked her water supply. If the entire house was disconnected, would it have made sense to switch the pumping machine wiring? If she was owing rent, would she have boldly tussled with the landlord when she water supply was cut off? If someone expects you to pay for the water the entire house is using will you gladly pay it without contesting? Go back and read the write-up and point out where the house got disconnected by the disco
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Unie30: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
The height of wickedness.
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by tochuukwu(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
This is really bad... No matter how much she owes
Re: Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic by Nwachukwu201710(m): 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
Na wa oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Kidnapper, Janet Igohia Arrested Trying To Pick ₦1.5M Ransom In Taraba / How Teenager Killed 4-year-old Boy In Lagos, Removed His Kidney And Intestine(ve / How Nofisat Ibrahim Was Killed By Assassins In Ondo (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.