Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account (834 Views)

Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt / Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by mekado83(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good day nairalanders,

Please how do I go about this?

I received payment from a customer, after one week the money was held on my account (access bank). I contacted my bank to know why, I was told the transaction was suspicious. So I contacted the customer that made the payment, he told me that his two accounts has been frozen by his banks. As I enquired, he said someone after making payment to his bank account reported it fraudulent. Now the bank he received the money from called his bank to freeze his account.

I have called my bank severally and emailed them, their reply was that they will get back to me and till today, no response from them concerning that even after sending them a reminder.

Please how do I go about this? Since they have frozen the guys account, why do they go to the extent of involving a third party in this case?

I have already uploaded evidence of transaction I had with the customer and they still held my money, even as I'm still using the account for my daily transactions. Where should I report this? They held this money (144k) since 20th of this month. Your advice will be appreciated.

I don't know if here is the right place to post this. Thanks
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by kestolove95(m): 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
U got scam somebody nd he has reported u..
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by Gwagone: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Not good at all
I pray you recover your money soon
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by mekado83(m): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
kestolove95:
U got scam somebody nd he has reported u..
I doubt you read the post.
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by 1030(m): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
You dont have any issue here since the person that paid the money is aware of this problem.

Demand for a fresh payment from him and if his not ready to pay involve law enforcement agency or your lawyer.
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by mekado83(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
1030:
You dont have any issue here since the person that paid the money is aware of this problem.

Demand for a fresh payment from him and if his not ready to pay involve law enforcement agency or your lawyer.

As we speak, he can't access his accounts now. His lawyer has served his bank order(he snapped and send to me), requesting why they froze his account and for them to unfreeze the account or he take legal action. You and I knows how long that will take.
Am I supposed to wait till he resolve the issue?
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
It is possible a third party wired money from someone's account to your customer who then wire to you,i hope you haven't send the goods.So a case of fraud is been investigated.What you can do is collect your goods,show proof you have,ask bank to reverse the money.
Re: My Bank Held Money Paid Into My Bank Account by mekado83(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
uruba23:
It is possible a third party wired money from someone's account to your customer who then wire to you,i hope you haven't send the goods.So a case of fraud is been investigated.What you can do is collect your goods,show proof you have,ask bank to reverse the money.
okay. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Place An Order On Jumia??? / Ordered From Aliexpress Since March 15 / See The Precolonial Naira Notes I Found In My Late Father's Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.