Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds (892 Views)

COVID-19 Funds Scam: Lady's BVN Used In Collecting Nirsal Loan / Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 / Mike Adenuga's House In BANANA ISLAND, Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by youngestuk(m): 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mike Adenuga Foundation (MAF), established by a billionaire, Dr Mike Adenuga Jr., on Monday donated N1.5 billion to Federal Government and Lagos State government to support Nigeria’s fight against the global Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).

Mrs Bella Disu, the daughter of the billionaire, presented a cheque for N500million to the Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at his office at the State Secretariat, Alausa, on behalf of the Foundation on Monday.

Similarly, a representative of the Foundation presented the cheque for N1billion to the Governor of Central Bank, Mr Godwin Emefiele, in Abuja.

The Apex Bank is coordinating the fundraising by corporate bodies in the country.

The fund is to support the initiatives aimed at combating the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the foundation, the presentations are being committed for the wellbeing of the entire Nigerian citizens especially at this time when the country is battling the Coronavirus pandemic.

It also commended the government, individuals and organisations for their efforts to contain the spread of the virus.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that individuals and corporate organisations had made various donations toward fighting the spread of COVID-19 in the country.

Adenuga Jr. is the founder of Nigeria’s second national carrier in the telecommunications industry, Globacom.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/mike-adenuga-donates-n1-5bn-to-covid-19-funds/

Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by toluzealous: 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
my question is; where all the money dey go?

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by youngestuk(m): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
toluzealous:

If you ask me, nah who I go ask grin
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by Rotjijatau(m): 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
g
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by Garrieveryday: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
These people should begin to pay these monies directly into people's account.

Stop giving money to FG. Those in positions end up with these monies. People are dying of hunger. Give us the money to use and eat and survive while we stay at home.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by Bevista: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
During the 2017/2018 Flu season, over 400 Americans contacted the flu. The CDC website reports that there was over 56,000 deaths in US alone resulting from the flu.

According to the WHO website, over 508,000 people died from malaria in 2018 globally.

Also according to the WHO website, over 35,000 people died from accidents in Nigeria alone in 2018. Also, the official WHO website reports that there was an estimated 56,000 maternal mortality in Nigeria alone in 2015.

Fast forward to 2020, there are only 2 deaths resulting from Corona Virus in Nigeria and less than 10,000 deaths globally.

---
There's something queer about the media hysteria concerning the Corona Virus. There are far more deaths from other causes (even hunger) that does not attract anywhere near the same kind of media coverage.

If you have a thing for conspiracy theories, you might want to watch the video below. Note that the video is about 45mins long and over 130mb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTZu6_TjU8
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by seunmsg(m): 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Thank you, Mike Adenuga.
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by futuregovernor: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
APC will loot all this money
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by Anambralstson: 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
If I should calculate all these monies realized from COVID 19 donations, it's close to 20 billion naira.

When will Buhary heed Atiku's call to share N10,000 to all Nigerians to use and buy food during this COVID 19 No Work compulsory holidays ?

Why does APC like to see poor Nigerians suffer ?

Okay, I forgot this is not Pre-election period, so no need to share TraderMoni relooted Abacha loot.

Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by helinues: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
At least Ogun state have suspended the lock down till Friday after promising of giving foods and other items.

Let's see the outcome of that before knowing if all this donations are real or Audio
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
toluzealous:

Politicians will steal it again. If I am these billionaires, I will prefer to get a team that will share food to the poor.

Or better still, share money to the poor living in slum areas.

They prefer to give the government to be on the good side of the government.
At the end of the day, the money get lost.
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by BigIyanga: 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bevista:
During the 2017/2018 Flu season, over 400 Americans contacted the flu. The CDC website reports that there was over 56,000 deaths in US alone resulting from the flu.

According to the WHO website, over 508,000 people died from malaria in 2018 globally.

Also according to the WHO website, over 35,000 people died from accidents in Nigeria alone in 2018. Also, the official WHO website reports that there was an estimated 56,000 maternal mortality in Nigeria alone in 2015.

Fast forward to 2020, there are only 2 deaths resulting from Corona Virus in Nigeria and less than 10,000 deaths globally.

---
There's something unsettling about the media hysteria concerning the Corona Virus. There are far more deaths from other causes (even hunger) that does not attract anywhere near the same kind of media coverage.

If you have a thing for conspiracy theories, you might want to watch the video below. Note that the video is about 45mins long and over 130mb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTZu6_TjU8
You can vaccinate yourself against flu... but there is no vaccine for COVID-19.. Time to quarantine your sophisticated idiocy
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by Bevista: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
BigIyanga:

You can vaccinate yourself against flu... but there is no vaccine for COVID-19.. Time to quarantine your sophisticated idiocy
Surely, I don't have an issue if you hold a different view to my opinion, but you can be more polite in your comments.
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by bluecircle470: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nice1 from the richest man in Africa who never wants anyone to know

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by daddytime(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
I want to make a #2b donation but still not sure where to send my donation to.

Hell no way my money is going to the Nigerian rogue politicians.
Re: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5bn To COVID-19 Funds by youngestuk(m): 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Please buhari, listen to this guy

(1) (Reply)

. / Paid Survey Secrets Revealed. (part One) / I Need Help On How To Go With My Nafdac Renewal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.